PDA

View Full Version : Pump intake question

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Im wondering what type of intake is in this picture. My boat does not have these fin looking things on either side of the intake hole. What do they do and can they be added. Looks like part of the shoe.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/intake1.JPG

MikeF
02-09-2003, 07:46 PM
T, Your boat will be a little faster without them wink .
It is a Berkeley intake.

jacuzer
02-09-2003, 09:17 PM
The E pump didn't have the fins on the intake casting. The builder should have installed the screw ons to the hull. Sometimes they didn't for whatever reason.
Kevin

Jake W
02-09-2003, 09:44 PM
You have a Taylor SJ right Osker Taylor uesr E pumps (or incert)in their boats.That intake on Cyclones boat is a 12JC or a G Berk.I was wondering if you knew much about Taylors.I see lots of them where I boat.Jake

Taylorman
02-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Ive been having mine for 3 years and I have a friend who has one also. I have done alot of work to mine so I am fairly familiar with it. What do you need to know?

Jake W
02-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Taylorman I do not need to know any thing about them.They are some solid made boats the ones I have seen you could do jumping jacks on the deck.Do you have a much of a hook in the bottom of yours?Jake

Taylorman
02-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Good question. I have been wanting to check it but I don't have a good straight edge. I plan on doing that soon. Are they know for having hook?

Jake W
02-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I had my Tahiti Painted at a shop called LCK marine buy a guy named Dan really nice guy.Took way too long on my boat but that is another storie.From what I have heard and seen yes they have a good sized hook in them.He had a few of them there he was working on a really nice Sunset candy orange and purple one there.They were in the proces of putting an Aggressor bowl and droop on .Later I asked about it and he said it ended up running around 68 ,69,MPH with these mods with a stock 460 ford.I think they took the hook out of this one.He was not a big fan of making them fast.But for a all around lake ski boat they will stand the test of time.Yours has only motor length stringers right.I would put full length stringers in it and take out the hook if you have the want and the skills.The stories he told about Taylor boats and Condor boats was very intersting.Larry Cummings was the guy that origanly owned LCK and he raced a Tunnel Sunkist.He is a really nice guy and at one time owned the moldes for the Condor Sprint(same bottom as the SJ and SS Taylor.But never produced any.Jake