PDA

View Full Version : Engine/Bassetts H20 Plumbing?

Hotcrusader76
05-17-2002, 06:36 AM
I have been searching around for a ball valve that is electronically driven so it can provide instant stoppage of water coming off my Jet's hardline into my engine/bassetts cooling lines.
I saw one on DD's boat awhile back, and have since been researching the idea. I have found a 1/2 inch ball valve, with a 2 wire 12/24Volt actuator and .8 Cycle time (that's fast). But the price online is $225.00. Now I am fully aware that technology costs money, but this outdated idea is a little eroneous...no?
Send some advice this way!
[This message has been edited by Hotcrusader76 (edited May 17, 2002).]

stressedout
05-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Basset used to make one. I bought one about 8 yrs. ago works great. It has an rpm adjustment for where you want the water to come in.Give Paul a call at 1-800-345-5824.

DickDanger
05-17-2002, 07:53 AM
I wish that I could remember where the hell I got that thing, but I dont know. I even went thru all my receipts (since I save all that $hit) and didnt see it in there. Let me know if you need some help in hooking it up though. L8..-DD out

DetroitJim
05-17-2002, 08:16 AM
I pondered this one for a while. I am planning on using an MSD RPM activated switch to signal a solenoid valve just like on a hydraulic system. It will not be cheap, but it will be foolproof and independent of water pressure. I need to get above 15 lbs to make my chiller work.
DJ

Hotcrusader76
05-17-2002, 09:56 AM
First off thanks Dave for looking into it for me. I found this website that seems to understand the engineering aspect of a good product. I think this will work for me.
www.kzco.com (http://www.kzco.com)
Also to the others...this post was in regard to the "emergency" shut off valve that is "suppose" to be installed on our jets incase we have a bust up line on our system. Otherwise you'll be diving for your boat. As far as this being used for continouse use with a 0.8 cycle time, I wouldn't do it. Stick with the good ole'fashion thermostats or potentiometers (spelling is wrong)
But overall...thanks to everyone. Dave, see ya at the river!

Hotcrusader76
05-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Hey DD,
Can I get the 3/8 and two 1/4 inch ball valves locally for the balance circuit on the bassets and the down line to the engine..like HOME DEPOT or something?

flat broke
05-17-2002, 10:19 PM
If anyone wants to do RPM controlled water injection, check out this thread http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002042.html I have all of the part numbers needed listed towards the bottom of the thread. If you need more info that what is found there, email me and I'd be glad to help out. I also have the solenoid controled valve and a brand new window switch, that I'd sell. Then all you would have to buy is the adjustable low RPM pill for $19.
Talk to you later,
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

jwbbuck
05-20-2002, 03:44 AM
With flatbroke's help, I ordered a solenoid from McMaster-Carr. I haven't run the engine yet, but it's all plumbed up and I don't see any reason why it won't work. The solenoid was $32. McMaster-Carr is also a great site for damn near everything. Same day shipping - low handling fees, great inventory and prices and an incredible web site.
Buck