PDA

View Full Version : CBBB question

HARDIN18
07-24-2003, 06:43 PM
I thought we wern't going to be able to make it but now we can and all the rooms are gone. Is the closest hotel to the Avi up on the strip? I am pretty sure the strip is around 15 miles from the Avi. Would like to be closer if possable.

Cs19
07-24-2003, 07:53 PM
there are motels in needles. not far from the avi, maybe 15-20 minutes the strip is about 30 minutes away

Danhercules
07-24-2003, 08:25 PM
If your gonna boat to Avi, I would say stay in Laughlin. Better ride IMO. Its broken up better. Then again it is a nice quiet ride from Needels up, Nevermind, dont listen to me..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

victorfb
07-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Does anyone really listen to that guy anyway? :D
actually Dan has a good idea about staying in laughlin. the hotels are nice, (i prefer the edgewater) you can get cheap meals, and the run down river is kinda nice. except for one no wake zone... urrrrgggg! Dan also turned me onto a cool cove about half way down to the AVI that i think would be a killer place for all of us to go, since the AVI has such a small area.

Danhercules
07-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Vic thinks it better to stay up river, his boat will not make it that far, he will run out of oil!!!!! So he needs to float most of the way!!! devil

roostwear
07-24-2003, 09:23 PM
You have a couple options....
If you stay in Laughlin, you'll need to put in at Big Bend. Nice, but there are frequent OUI checkpoints now. The lagoon that Victor is talking about is a nice hangout, too. There's also Lazy Harry's (watch out for the checkpoints, though)
If you stay in Needles, it's a nice cruise, but there's nowhere real close to launch. The up side is, that if you break, you can float back!
You can also try some of the many motels on 95, but you'd probably launch at the Marina......
Personally, I'd stay on the strip, launch at Big Bend, and cruise down to Avi. Wer're going to have to find another spot for non-guests anyhow, as they won't let you beach in the lagoon. (Unless someone made special arrangements with Avi)

victorfb
07-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Nawwwwwww.... there's plenty in there. just wanted to lube up the motor well a bit. that way i can turn the bilge on and leave a trail so you will know where i went after passing you. i dig that the 455 has that automatic oil extraction device. all i have to do is keep it WOT for a while and wella, out the breather it comes... :D though its not as cool as your automatic fuel spiller you have dan, that thing is bitchin, just sit on the transom and the motorwell fills with fuel. now i gotta get one of those. and maybe a couple fire extinguishers... :p

victorfb
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
not sure were big bend launch ramp is. i normally launch at the riverside hotels free launch ramp. the only bummer is all the lake/river lice runnin around. ill have to look into the big bend spot next time i stay in laughlin. i got caught without a throw cushion last weekend at that check point. damn!!! got one now though... :D

hack job
07-25-2003, 07:39 AM
as for the avi allowing no stayer to stay in there lagoon well last year we got away with it but there was a lot less boats i really dont know if they w beable to check the boat that is 4 or 5 boats out.
every one will need to bring lots of tie lines. as the lagoon will be pack with this many boats.

cyclone
07-25-2003, 07:42 AM
What about the Bayshore Inn? I launched from their ramp last weekend and it was really nice. Ill bet they have rooms available. For those that don't know, the Bayshore is south of Harrahs, halfway to the Avi and right next to that bitchin cove.

victorfb
07-25-2003, 08:47 AM
ok, now i have another place to check out. bayshore inn huh? cool. thanks mike.
and thanks again for the awsome run in cyclone. i dig that boat. :D

HARDIN18
07-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Thanx Everyone. If I stay in Laughlin and want to drive down to the Avi, is there a place to launch?

victorfb
07-25-2003, 09:38 AM
i saw that AVI does have a nice launch ramp, but havnt yet checked out the rest. they might only let the people that are staying there launch from there. so i would just have someone who is staying there launch your boat for you if thats the case. the launching never seems to be the issue but parking is. the lots are desighned for only so many and if everyone came to launch the lot would be full in no time. the avi is somewhat in its own world. i didnt see too much else around, so finding another launch ramp near by might be tough.

roostwear
07-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Big Bend state park has a small, but decent ramp, and it's just a few miles south of the Bayshore. There's a cove next to the ramp, and plenty of beach area, too.

Cs19
07-25-2003, 10:16 AM
there is a place right by the needles bridge called jack smith marina which is free, has a nice ramp and lots of parking. keep in mind you will be down river from the avi. there are a few places in bullhead city that are free too on your way to the avi. i reccomend towing down to the avi area and launching. You should be able to launch at the avi, i used to do it while not staying there.

Hustler
07-25-2003, 10:29 AM
If you are not staying at the Avi you can launch from there, the normal fee is $15 and that does not include a beach pass. I'm not sure how things will work at the CBBB but last year Chris (Flat Broke) gave me a a wrist band that you had to put on your steering wheel and that alowed you to launch and use the beach like I said I dont know how things will work this year and I'm sure Tyson and Chris wont really know till they get there on friday.

wrightnow
07-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Is there any place on the river between AVI and the sandbar to purchase av gas?
If I'm going to make the run on Sunday to the sandbar I'm going to need more gas to make it back I'm sure.

victorfb
07-25-2003, 11:38 AM
im not sure about "av" gas but at park moabi he sells race fuel. not sure of the octane rating as i run pump 91. the channel is somewhat long to get to the fuel pumps, but he also has a store for refreshments and such. or you can try across the river at topock. i never get fuel there as i am friends of the owner at the moabi marina. he is a great guy and would rather give him my money. next fuel is up river in needles.

Hustler
07-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Needles and Topoc do not have anything over 91.
Victor since you know the owner can you see what the octane is that he carries and if mark can buy it on sunday? and how much it is? Thanks

wrightnow
07-25-2003, 12:07 PM
victorfb:
im not sure about "av" gas but at park moabi he sells race fuel. not sure of the octane rating as i run pump 91. the channel is somewhat long to get to the fuel pumps, but he also has a store for refreshments and such. or you can try across the river at topock. i never get fuel there as i am friends of the owner at the moabi marina. he is a great guy and would rather give him my money. next fuel is up river in needles. Thanks...

victorfb
07-25-2003, 12:23 PM
ok. just called him and all they carry now is 87 and 91. sorry for the bad info earlier. he said also that topock does not carry it either. that hustler dude is on top of it man... :D the 91 as i recall is expensive. $2.49 but its on the water so i would imagine they are all about that much. sorry again for the bad info.

wrightnow
07-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, Anyone want to carry a gas can?

Danhercules
07-25-2003, 03:37 PM
I know Vics boat like a mix of 1/2 92 and 1/2 110!!!!!! (cough-cough-diesel-diesel) LOL.
I have never seen more than 92 on the water, how much is that stuff eek!

victorfb
07-25-2003, 08:12 PM
yea, thats the last time i accept any gas from you dan. how long was that stuff sitting in the can? i have a feeling you gave me some pre-mix. sure glad you got your own boat now. by the way, i got some gas for it... devil