PDA

View Full Version : Pump Blueprint Questions

RH
10-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Going through the receipts the previous owner gave me with my boat I have one from GTH Marine for rebuilding the pump it shows a [super stock blueprint] and [imp cut to comp-A dia] is a comp A the same as an A ? What ia a super stock blueprint ? Thanks RH

RH
10-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Anyone!

Clown
10-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Better ask BTH marine.
BTH would that stand for BUTTHOLE Marine?

miller19j
10-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey RH,
I am not familiar with GTH Marine and what their Super Stock Blueprint is. But I do know that the term “Blueprinting” is used pretty loosely by some jet builders. To some it is just a standard rebuild to others it is completely going through and optimizing all the components and clearances.
If it were me, I would give GTH Marine a call and ask them what they specifically did to the pump.
I do not know the specs on a “comp-a” impeller. Hopefully someone that does will chime in here.
Sorry I couldn’t be of more help

Oldsquirt
10-04-2002, 04:03 PM
I don't know what is meant by a "comp-a" cut either. I do, however, know that Bruce is a nice guy and easy to talk to. GTH Marine happens to be about 2 miles from my house and I have bought many parts from him through the years. Give him a call and you will get all the info you are looking for. GTH = (925)682-3685
[ October 04, 2002, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

ChetCapoli
10-04-2002, 04:53 PM
i thought GTH went out of business as far as jets were concerned a few years back..no??
Chet

RH
10-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys I'll give them a call and see what I can find out and let you know RH

Oldsquirt
10-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Chet, he's still in business, but the focus has changed more to general boating supply. He did save my ass a few times in my last minute rush to have the Eliminator running for the Tower Park get together back in August. Good thing for me he still keeps some jet boat parts in stock. I do think he has quit doing pump overhauls.

Mopar426
10-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Usually blueprint runs in stages 1,2,3,4. A stock Berkeley has jagged bowl vanes and loose tolerances. They cut the vanes razor sharp and grind to create less turbulence for a stage 1,2. The other stages focus on the exit vanes and bore the exit chamber. Also they grind the mating surfaces ( suction to intake and the bowl split surface for smooth transition of water flow. The impeller leading edges are sometimes angled, but all i've seen is "A" and "AB" cuts. Aluminum impellers will crack if too much meat is removed. I would ask the builder what his terms are, maybe you have a sweet pump or a total stocker. Knowlege is power!!!

RH
10-07-2002, 09:57 AM
I just got off the phone with GTH marine they no longer do pump work but still sell the parts . They said a super stock blueprint is a good basic blueprint cleaning it up and checking tolerances[$600] also a comp-A impeller is a modified A impeller RH