PDA

View Full Version : place diverter

hydro-KC
07-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey all ,
My place diverter hydralic pump quit, only second season on it. Getting power to it , can here the silinoids kickin but no motor action.
Ive checked the power and all is good , ground is good.
Anyone else have this problem? Ever seen a repair kit on the motor? Any Place diverter guys here that can steer me to fix it? Is this common that the motors go out on the hydralic units after just 2 seasons? hmmm
stumped and pissed ,
i lost my roost.

FastRat1
07-28-2003, 03:18 PM
that is weird...i know people that have had them for yrs..n/p..have u cked the hyd lines?..could be air in them..just my 2 cents
Ron

HotHallet
07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Put a manual diverter on that thing!

Mr Twister
07-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Sounds like the motor went bad or has an open in the power or ground. The pump that came with my PD is a model v-351 by bennett. I think it is also used for trim tabs. You may be able to order individual parts from them.

pops1
07-31-2003, 12:56 PM
hydro-KC:
Is this common that the motors go out on the hydralic units after just 2 seasons? hmmm
stumped and pissed ,
i lost my roost. You can send the unit back to Bennett for repair Good Company. We dropped the pump on our trim unit & had Oildyne produce our pump- I dont have any Bennett'left or I would try to help out.
If it don't work out- call me & I will try to help you out with our pump. it will require higher pressure line, ours is boost on pressure. -You may also try Place for Help- Dave- 888-246-5075

H.B. Brett
07-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Stupid question but did you check the reservoir? If the level is to low the rooster won't blow. I had to remount mine.

Mandelon
07-31-2003, 06:16 PM
I had problems with mine too. Took it by the Place place...they checked it out and it worked fine on the bench. After I put it all back together it started working again...
Switch is now giving me a little bit of trouble. I heard some say the current drops over the long run to the switch and back...but if it used to work why would that change now?
Does the switch make the ram move up and down when it is disconnected from the diverter??

hydro-KC
08-01-2003, 06:20 AM
OK , took it off and and had my local fried at a hydraulic shop go thru it.
It was full of water. ?(powerwashing) He cleaned it up , resealed it and it all works. I cant imagin getting that much water inside it. The water froze up the motor.
Hmm going to do more research on it and find out how it got that way.
As of now its working great again.
But a question for other diverter users.
Im running a droop also , is anyone still running with a wedge also at the droop?