PDA

View Full Version : Dominator bowl questions

Mr Twister
08-01-2003, 06:07 AM
I have a berkeley pump that has a dominator bowl installed on it. At idle, I could hear what sounded like a screech/howl/rub in the pump. I am sure it made noise at speed (probably stealing RPM's)but with the OT headers I couldn't hear it. Well, I pulled the bowl and there is a bronze bushing that supports the aft end of the shaft, which was dry, but had reminants of grease farther down in the hole in the bowl. There is a cone installed on the outlet side of the bowl that has a hole in it, no threads, which makes me think this bushing is water lubricated. Here is the question:
What do I have to do to make this a greased bushing and how often should it be done? Changing the bowl is not an option at this point.

Duane HTP
08-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Aggressor makes a nice Bushing/seal/greasable assembly that you can put in your bowl. Grease it every 15 hours. It even has a snap ring to hold the seal so you can not grease it too much.
[ August 01, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

Mr Twister
08-02-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks, I will call you on this on Monday or Tuesday.

pops1
08-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Mr Twister:
Thanks, I will call you on this on Monday or Tuesday. Dominator is a water lube bowl- We have a Dealer in Yuma say's the bushings only last months down there. Our conversion requires machining, converts it to a grease lube system.