PDA

View Full Version : Nesher boat hull

Nitro Neil
12-28-2002, 06:16 PM
My son and i have foun a flat bottom boat hull mad by Nesher In Buena Park, Ca.Can anybody tell me about the builder.This is only info we have off the plate.There are no holes except for the jet.it has just been sitting.This is in great shape. sleeping

Oldsquirt
12-28-2002, 08:08 PM
I believe that would be a Sleekcraft. Product of Nescher Inc., which was owned by Bruce Nescher.
Is it a true flatbottom or is it a shallow-v? Most jets are actually a shallow-v. Apparently, true flats didn't make such great jet boats.

Old Guy
12-28-2002, 08:21 PM
You can see a Sleek Craft brochure at http://www.roostwear.com/scbr.htm
It takes a long time to load unless you've got a super fast connection, but it's worth the wait if you're interested in Nesher's stuff.
Got any pics of yours?

12-28-2002, 09:48 PM
OLDSQUIRT:
I believe that would be a Sleekcraft. Product of Nescher Inc., which was owned by Bruce Nescher.
Is it a true flatbottom or is it a shallow-v? Most jets are actually a shallow-v. Apparently, true flats didn't make such great jet boats. But they make great prop boats!! :D

77468sleekcraft
12-28-2002, 09:53 PM
YEP THEY ARE A SLEEK CRAFT.

Oldsquirt
12-28-2002, 09:58 PM
058:
OLDSQUIRT:
Is it a true flatbottom or is it a shallow-v? Most jets are actually a shallow-v. Apparently, true flats didn't make such great jet boats. But they make great prop boats!! :D With all the time you spend on the Jet Forums I'm convinced you have "impeller envy" :D

Old Guy
12-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Hey Oldsquirt, I see 2 stories about Bruce Nescher. Do you know if either is true?
"Sleekcraft- Bruce Nesher, Bruce passed away earlyer this year, the rebel was 18ft and real wide, the sportster was a southwind copy with a different deck, the rebel was a better boat, I won the parker 9 hr in 1975 and the Elsonore 250 1975 in a sleekcraft rebel, Jim Brock"
or
"The builder of that boat was Bruce Nescher. He currently builds Conquest boats in Havasau. Still has the molds for that hull. My wife an I drug our's from Corpus Christi, TX area all the way to a conquest regatta on that same single axle cheesy trailer, to Lake Havasau. Had a blast. Love the boat. Run's fastest into the rough. Great ride.
Nathan"
old

Tim_T
12-29-2002, 06:14 AM
I have a 72 sleekcraft rebel, and it has the "By nescher boats" logo on the side. Mine is a shallow v though. Its a pretty wide boat and rides well in rough water. But its heavy as hell. If you want i can send you a picture of mine and you can compare the hulls.
Tim

Jim Brock
12-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Bruce Nescher used to build prop flatbottoms before he stsrted sleekcraft, he had been in and out of business before the jetboat boom started, if this is a prop flatbottom it would have to be a 68 or older, 1969 he started sleekcraft, Jim

roostwear
12-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Here's the low octane version to view the Sleekcraft brochure. You can pick what page to view from the list.
http://www.roostwear.com/dbro.htm
**SPAM ALERT**
BTW, Sleekcraft vinyl and shirts available soon! :D
Email me to be notified when they are released!
[ December 29, 2002, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

12-29-2002, 10:57 AM
OLDSQUIRT:
058:
OLDSQUIRT:
Is it a true flatbottom or is it a shallow-v? Most jets are actually a shallow-v. Apparently, true flats didn't make such great jet boats. But they make great prop boats!! :D With all the time you spend on the Jet Forums I'm convinced you have "impeller envy" :D No...just bored. :rolleyes:

sleekcraft76
12-29-2002, 06:36 PM
love my 76 rebel, it is wide but rides great in ruff water . i would like to have some sleekcraft stickers and stuff keep me poasted .thanks

e-ticket
12-30-2002, 03:28 AM
I sent a logo to Mike at Rootswear. He may be making stickers of the Nescher Sleekcraft in the near future. :)

roostwear
12-30-2002, 07:48 AM
E-ticket,
Look at the background on the Sleekcraft page. Looks kinda familiar, doesn't it? :D
http://www.roostwear.com/scbr.htm
Thanks,
Mike

e-ticket
12-30-2002, 08:00 AM
Mike,
That looks good! :) I really like how you did the brochure. Bruce would be happy.

MJS
01-01-2003, 11:09 AM
The title say`s 1970 Sleekcraft But I dont have a clue, I cant find any I.D.#`s any help??????? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Dec30_131.JPG
Just Dollars No Sense

MJS
01-01-2003, 11:16 AM
Here`s a deck veiw!!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Dec30_14.JPG
First time Posting Picture`s
Just Dollars No Sense

Jim Brock
01-01-2003, 03:07 PM
No sleekcraft, maybe a regatta, Jim

jweeks123
01-01-2003, 07:23 PM
sort of looks like a Regatta to me too.
jw

MJS
01-02-2003, 06:42 AM
I`ll get some pic`s out in the sunlight so you can see it better, But Thank`s for your information. Suck`s when you own a Boat for five years and you dont know what the hell it is.Like I`ve alway`s said Just Dollars No Sense.

Nitro Neil
01-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanx for the pics and information on the Nesher.It is a Jet shallow V(almost flat)and wide. We are excited about getting it going.Hemi or BB Olds(sorry old guy stuck in past.Old fuelers ruler.)It is solid with no cut outs except for Jet and did I mention it is Free!We also have a Tahiti with a 425 Olds with a lot of help from Mondello!! :cool: pig_flyi