PDA

View Full Version : Newbee wannabee

nesrat
03-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I have been thinking about buying a boat for a while, found jets and got hooked looking for some advice of what to purchase. I would like reliability, performance, be able to take 4 to six people, water ski, and just plain have some fun. I would like to stay in the $5000 to $10,000 range to start. Is this possible or do I need to step up more? I realize that my questions are like asking some one what car should I buy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 05:52 PM
i would say any kind of enclosed engine daycruiser...they could easily sit six if the interior was done right....i kinda wish i got one....(but i love mine so much!)....welcome to the boards....hopefully you'll have a boat soon bud. keep on checking the SPAM! section.

centerhill condor
03-10-2006, 06:54 PM
you're gonna learn a lot here.... jets are great.. they're as simple as a role of toilet paper and more fun to operate..and that is a gooood thing! welcome

Keyser
03-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I just got my first jet about a year ago. I dont know what I would have done without this place. You'll learn alot here :crossx:

1968Droptop
03-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I have been thinking about buying a boat for a while, found jets and got hooked looking for some advice of what to purchase. I would like reliability, performance, be able to take 4 to six people, water ski, and just plain have some fun. I would like to stay in the $5000 to $10,000 range to start. Is this possible or do I need to step up more? I realize that my questions are like asking some one what car should I buy. Any advice would be appreciated.
A GREAT place to start asking questions nesrat ! Your price range should afford you a nice Jet boat, but your area may be a bit fo a challenge. 6 people may be a push, as most Jet boats I've seen are 4 seaters max. What to purchase is indeed a tuff question. My advice to you is to find one for sale and ask about that specific model here on the forum, you'll get plenty of answers. Really tuff to say which is good/bad. It seems as though most are more than capable of doing what your post is asking, fun, ski, and performance.

nesrat
03-11-2006, 02:38 AM
I found a 18' starbuck with a Berkley pump and jet diverter. Does any one know about these? The owner claims they are a custom made boat of great quality, naturally he wants to sell it.