PDA

View Full Version : AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HASN'T BEEN OUT YET?

uglystick
04-25-2003, 11:11 PM
IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HAS ALREADY BEEN ON THE WATER THIS SEASON. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A SUNNY DAY THAT MATCHES WITH MY DAY'S OFF. I MIGHT HAVE TO GO IN THE RAIN.

Beautiful Noise
04-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Well i'm a Non-Boater so far this Year,Just can't seem to Plan it right.... Between Rain Drop's or Working on the Boat,But all in Due Time :D
Steve

Wet Dream
04-26-2003, 05:01 AM
Still waiting for warmer temps in the water and the air. I have a few things to do to the boat yet, so maybe its a good thing. So...NO, you're not the last one in.

Danhercules
04-26-2003, 10:06 AM
I have not gotten my feet wet this season yet. Still working on the boat!!! :D 3 weeks is my goal!!

04-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Don't feel too bad, I haven't got a boat wet either. Had a couple of lake trips planned but had to cancel for various reasons. frown

JetBoatRich
04-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Been out a few times this year, still not enough.
Next Sunny Day call in sick to match your days :D
http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
[ April 26, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

sanger mike
04-26-2003, 11:37 AM
dont worry' the good thing about CA is you can boat until the end of november. I wont get out until july 4th. the sanger is guted. eek!

sidewound
04-26-2003, 11:55 AM
I feel your pain,
My ride's still in peices and I'm still waitin on parts. SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Peace Man
CESAR

riverbound
04-26-2003, 01:20 PM
STIIL WAITING FOR GEL TO BE FINISHED BUT IT IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A BOAT AGAIN

1Bahnerjet
04-26-2003, 03:36 PM
I do the same thing every year, I watch the Indy 500(t.v. in garage)and wax boat,change oil,or fix something, the next warm day is First day of boating. :D
-----------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You drive

vdrivenman
04-26-2003, 06:43 PM
just got ours home from the paint shop. set the motor in yesterday.lotta's plumbing for fuel & h2o. then stab dist. install carb & try & fire it off. then all the odd's & ends. at least 3 weeks away.
so ur not the only one, besides still to cool to be in the water !

Oldsquirt
04-26-2003, 07:19 PM
sanger mike:
dont worry' the good thing about CA is you can boat until the end of november.... End of November? Here's my boat on my last outing of 2002 out in the Delta, December 22.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/66Orwd1222.JPG
Of course I pulled it all apart in January and it is still apart...... frown

uglystick
04-27-2003, 09:18 PM
WELL I'M GLAD TO HEAR I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. I WAS OUT TILL ABOUT NOVEMBER LAST YEAR. I LIVE AROUND THE BEND FROM OLD SQUIRT BUT I DON'T REMEMBER THAT NICE OF A DECEMBER DAY.

1Bahnerjet
04-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Oldsquirt, Hey thats orwood.From there I drove up to Franks Track saw some boats driving across the track so I went in.Got allmost all the way across before I sucked a bunch of weeds into the Jet intake, had to paddle out of weeds to channel(that took about 30min.)Then pull weeds out of intake and then enjoyed rest of day.Do you know of any other spots in Delta I should avoid? eek!
--------------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Caribbean Jet
04-28-2003, 11:21 AM
In haven't been out this season but I have plans for at least 2 weekends in May already. Between work, weather and the move I am just about ready.
See you at the lake.

78Eliminator
04-28-2003, 12:00 PM
I have not been out. Probably be a few more weeks too.... :rolleyes:

Blown 472
04-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Shooting for mid may, river is cresting today, minor flooding and damn cold water. But on the upside all the VC will be out in their boats driving like crased idiots on a quest for white bass. Yippee.

78Eliminator
04-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Blown 472:
Shooting for mid may, river is cresting today, minor flooding and damn cold water. But on the upside all the VC will be out in their boats driving like crased idiots on a quest for white bass. Yippee. VC? Are you having Vietnam flashbacks Blown?

Blown 472
04-28-2003, 12:09 PM
The best part is coming up to the dock to take out, I stand up in the boat and yell get out of the way hochimin boat coming in and they scatter.

78Eliminator
04-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Blown 472:
The best part is coming up to the dock to take out, I stand up in the boat and yell get out of the way hochimin boat coming in and they scatter. Do you go boating in full camoflage?

Hermosa
04-28-2003, 12:42 PM
uglystick:
IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HAS ALREADY BEEN ON THE WATER THIS SEASON. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A SUNNY DAY THAT MATCHES WITH MY DAY'S OFF. I MIGHT HAVE TO GO IN THE RAIN. I hear you brutha, this weather sucks up here this year. I am hoping for some warmer weather, looks like rain this weekend again! Man I miss So Cal weather...

Oldsquirt
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
1Bahnerjet:
Oldsquirt, Hey thats orwood.From there I drove up to Franks Track saw some boats driving across the track so I went in......Do you know of any other spots in Delta I should avoid? eek!
I don't normally boat in the Delta, but Orwood is a short drive for when I want to do some testing. I learned a very long time ago to NEVER go into Franks Tract in a small boat. Stick to the false rivers that go around it. The only other place I would avoid is the Stockton Deep Water channel.
Where in NorCal Are you located? Have you checked out the Banderlog Boards (http://www.banderlog.com/cgi-bin/banderlog/dcforum/dcboard.cgi)? Lots of local NorCal folks there.

1Bahnerjet
04-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks Oldsquirt, I'm in Santa Clara Valley. Only make it to Delta once a year at best, Its My favorite place to boat.I will check out the other board.Also Thanks for help on my Go Wild Movie Question. :cool:
--------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive