PDA

View Full Version : REX MARINE ?????????????

djdtpr
07-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Man has anyone had a hard time getting shit from them when they order it.I ordered some shit before memorial day and finally got it this last thursday,then they said that they would pull the part for me so a buddy could go by and pick it up and the friggin guy never even pulled the part so they either sold it or it was never in stock.. :mad:
[ July 08, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: djdplacecraft ]

Cs19
07-08-2003, 09:05 AM
ive had nothing but excellent customer service at rex. both with phone orders and walk ins. probably just a mistake or misunderstanding.

cyclone
07-08-2003, 09:43 AM
djd- not to hijack your thread, but when are you going back to blythe? i'd like to come out and hang with you again. I had a great time last year watching all of the cp's and placecrafts run up by the dam.

miller19j
07-08-2003, 09:48 AM
I have had nothing but excellent service from everyone that I have dealt with at Rex. Most of my orders have showed up the next day and I didn’t pay any additional for express shipping.
Mike at Rex has gone out of his way to help me on many occasions. No matter how small my order they have always treated me with respect and gotten my stuff to me in a timely manner.

djdtpr
07-08-2003, 10:00 AM
cyclone:
djd- not to hijack your thread, but when are you going back to blythe? i'd like to come out and hang with you again. I had a great time last year watching all of the cp's and placecrafts run up by the dam. I am not sure when we are going back out there i need to addres this water in the oil situation probably in a couple weeks.I will let you know for sure when we are going,it would be cool to hang out with you guys again.

sandblasted
07-08-2003, 10:40 AM
I ordered some battery boxes from Rex a few months ago..They arrived the next day...I was pretty surprised by that so I have no complaints at all about them, except for still waiting for the damn catalog to get finished! eek!

Lookin for Liquid
07-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Nice of you to post "The Hate Mail" after you recieved your part.

PLACECRAFT20
07-08-2003, 12:15 PM
I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT SERVICE. I LIVE IN TEXAS AND GET MY PARTS IN THREE DAY'S. I DONT SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE. THATS MY 2 CENTS.

HammerDown
07-08-2003, 12:24 PM
sandblasted:
I have no complaints at all about them, except for still waiting for the damn catalog to get finished! eek! They have a Catalog???...lol...sorry Mike :D

superdave013
07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
I've tried them all and I keep going back to Rex.
Mike and Bob have both helped me with some off the wall stuff and the service has always been top notch.

v-drive
07-08-2003, 12:29 PM
To quote my son. Are you on crack. Those guys are great and no one has nothing but good to say about them........... :cool: v-drive

Lookin for Liquid
07-08-2003, 12:55 PM
None of you guys have recieved your new Rex catalog? I got mine in the mail last week.
Mike is going to cancel my account for sure now!

Bense468
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Danny Let me know what you need next time and I will get it for you.
By the way how was the river this past weeekend?

djdtpr
07-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Lookin for Liquid:
Nice of you to post "The Hate Mail" after you recieved your part. I still havnt got everything yet and it was paid for when they ordered it thats what makes me angry.I never even got a phone call one from them if it wasnt for my buddy Chris going over there all the time asking about my stuff they probably would have just forgot about it.So its not hate mail its angry mail during the fact not after!
Bense the river was great i ended up with a little water in the oil we were going to run my boat at lost lake sat night but there was about 4 extra qts of water in the oil.

Rexone
07-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Reading about a problem of this type in a post with no prior knowledge of any detail makes it a bit difficult to respond. Most times things like this turn out to be misunderstandings best handled direct with the vendor (any vendor), and should be brought to a public forum only as a last resort when attempts for a satisfactory resolution have failed.
I will just say a couple things. If in fact we screwed up (yes it does happen) you have my apology. Everyone screws up sometimes. Misunderstandings also happen. I will leave it at that having no knowledge of this problem.
If you'd like to PM me your phone number I'll have Bob call you to rectify whatever the problem may be. We certainly don't want you going away unhappy. That's not what we're about here. Thanx
:)

Lookin for Liquid
07-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Mike = Class Act
This guy comes on these boards to help people and for someone to grab his balls and pull without trying to communicate the problem directly to him or his company should learn to use his brain instead of his mouth.
Dan Aaseth
Canyon Marine

Jetty 468
07-08-2003, 04:36 PM
I built my boat over a 4 yr. peroid and used Rex for 90% of the special part's needed . Bob took most of my order and would alway's come back with " you will need this part also " and sure enough he was right each time ! Never got a wrong part, and was at the door step in 3-4 days in Tx. Good folk's I'm sure they will find where the problem lies and will get you fixed up quick , now who was stirring the pot above saying they already have their new catalog ????

Lookin for Liquid
07-08-2003, 04:41 PM
What Catalog?

Cs19
07-08-2003, 05:07 PM
I think the online catalog is GREAT, i really dont need the catalog. :)

dossangers
07-08-2003, 05:25 PM
4 boats 15 years worth of service exellant sevice parts always arrived on time and correct something is wrong with this picture?

HammerDown
07-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Lookin for Liquid:
What Catalog? Thats what I said...Beats me... :D

BigBoyToys
07-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I too have had nothing but EXCELLENT service from Rex Marine (thanks again Mike). I'm sure that it was just a misunderstanding that can and will be easily cleared up.

sidewound
07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Haven't had the chance to deal with REX yet, but when I was having trouble with a dealer out west and threatened to flame'm REXONE PM'd me to ask if it was his company that was the problem. I assured him no but he gave me VERY good advice even on a situation that had nothing to do with him. Seemed like a pretty good sort to me.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 06:15 PM
If I didn't know better I'd swear DJD was talking about Eddie Marine....Not Rex..

Bense468
07-08-2003, 06:35 PM
No he is talking about Rex because Chris the guy he is talking about is my buddy. He told me they didn't have his parts a few times he went in. I have never had any bad encounters with rex. They usually do me pretty damn well. I live in La Verne so if they didn't I would be there everyday.

beached 1
07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
HighRoller:
If I didn't know better I'd swear DJD was talking about Eddie Marine....Not Rex.. Ditto

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 08:11 PM
I would have to say that I regret not using Rex when I bought my diverter,MSD and carb.I walked into Teague one day and dropped 1300 bucks,which to me was a lot of money.Well,they treated me like I was there to get change for the coke machine or something.I couldn't even get the guy to return my call when I got the wrong plug wires from them and wanted to order a new set.I guess since I didn't spend 40K I was dogmeat.Mike(Rexone)on the other hand,has impressed me.I asked him about lightning headers,which they don't sell,and expected him to try to sell me some brand they do sell.Instead he said he wasn't familiar with them but heard good things.He gave me some other options,but I was surprised because most people will talk negatively about a brand they don't sell to influence you....

djdtpr
07-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Well i sent a pm to Mike so he will be getting ahold of me.My buddy Chris talked to Jay i guess and he said that he would get it taken care of so hopefully we will put this behind us.

DUCKY
07-08-2003, 08:37 PM
miller19j:
I have had nothing but excellent service from everyone that I have dealt with at Rex. Most of my orders have showed up the next day and I didn’t pay any additional for express shipping.
Mike at Rex has gone out of his way to help me on many occasions. No matter how small my order they have always treated me with respect and gotten my stuff to me in a timely manner. Me too!