PDA

View Full Version : 454 rebuild ?

HARDIN18
05-15-2003, 06:03 PM
I have already asked this but didn't really get an answer.
I would say I have a 330 hp engine, not sure though. I would like to get 400 hp out of it. I am taking it in on Saterday and would like to have an idea of how much it will cost.
I have around $6,000. Will I be able to get my pump and engine rebuilt for this?
[ May 15, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: HARDIN18 ]

HBjet
05-15-2003, 06:31 PM
If you want to spend 6k on your pump and motor, I really would consider talking to Jack at MPD (pump work) and Dave at DNE (motor work)
If 6k is your budget, then they will get your boat running fast, and a lot more HP then just 400hp.
HBjet

ChetCapoli
05-15-2003, 07:10 PM
HBjet:
If 6k is your budget, then they will get your boat running fast, and a lot more HP then just 400hp.
HBjet Again hb with the relentless BS....."i really would consider"....for six grand he should be going fast no matter what shop he chooses!! Man you can burn burningm my ass sometimes.
CHET

Johnwithjm
05-15-2003, 07:20 PM
There are lots of shops out there DNE is very good. Also try Tom Papp he is very fair and will treat you right 909-734-4606. Maybe Chet can hook you up with a great motor and pump guy

ChetCapoli
05-15-2003, 07:21 PM
HARDIN18:
Of course not hardin...HBjet is too busy with the cheerleader routine to answer your questions without any bias. I'm not sure where you are in CA but if you are in the north i would consider talking with jim@performancejet or something. FYI, He was another good guy who posted here alot until LATELY. I think ol' HBJet scared him away like he does everyone else with the cheerleading routine about his shops. BTW, if you are near GS marine and he is who you had in mind to begin with, dont get any doubts because of a few guys around here(HBJET) who get paid to spam their shops. Greg has been around a long time and knows his shit.
CHET

HBjet
05-15-2003, 10:18 PM
ChetCapoli:
a few guys around here(HBJET) who get paid to spam their shops.**** You Chet!
You are such a blow hard. This guy has started 3 or so threads asking questions, and you have YET offered any advice. If there are others (which I know there are) then tell him. Jeez, if there are so many other great shops, they will be posted to. So get off your burning ass and grab some toilet paper from those toilet paper roll dispencers you have mounted on your hull.
Chet, your completely useless on these boards and if it wasn't for you, I honestly know of 10+ people that would have considered using Aggressor products before you trashed there name and rep!
For the record (even though I shouldn't have to do this) I DO NOT GET PAID, FREEBIES, KICK-BACKS, OR ANY SORT OF DEAL FROM EITHER MPD OR DNE AND I PROUDLY PAY FOR THE WORK AND SERVICE I RECEIVE FROM THEM.
HBjet

Windy
05-15-2003, 10:26 PM
My God Chet...just recommened a shop and move on.
On another note...I cant believe you are second guessing Westechs numbers on Cyclones motor.
Enough already frown

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-15-2003, 11:45 PM
HARDIN18:
I would say I have a 330 hp engine, not sure though. I would like to get 400 hp out of it. I am taking it in on Saterday and would like to have an idea of how much it will cost.
I have around $6,000. Will I be able to get my pump and engine rebuilt for this? I am sorry that you have to go through this to get an answer. Yes, you will get some great numbers with that kind of money. I would consider jack only because alot of the guys on here are really happy with his work. Also, if your going to do a carb upgrade then turn to "ty" because he has a lot of people that love his work as well.If you need to spend more that $6000 to get quality work then drive down to phoenix and I will personally hook you up with a few people that will get it done right. Hell with $6000 you can get another complete motor with a blower and a pump upgrade. Just make sure you get a shop with a rep to do the work because I just got the shaft on my engine work(that will never happen- I will spend the extra $300 for the quality).

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-15-2003, 11:48 PM
As far as hb and chet, come on guys this is getting out of line. This guy needs help and the fighting isnt going to help him. I thought the bench racers area was the place for that argue ? :confused: :confused: :confused: You 2 need to relax and have a few cold ones wink

HBjet
05-15-2003, 11:54 PM
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
As far as hb and chet, come on guys this is getting out of line. I agree, I'm trying to help this guy out. I haven't seen one bit of advice from Chet!
I'm just pissed because he accused me of getting paid to recommend! So I'm done recommending who I do business with. I'm only going to recommend shops I have no history with and no first hand knowledge of there finished product. It seems more people would rather hear that. Fine by me, but I'm going to help Hardin18 for as long as he wants me to.
HBjet

beached 1
05-16-2003, 03:56 AM
HARDIN18:
I have around $6,000. Will I be able to get my pump and engine rebuilt for this? 6k should be enough no matter where you take it.
Unless there is some serious damage to your bbc or pump of course. If someone quotes more than that, I would get a second opinion from another shop.
Good Luck!

King Kuracz
05-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Johnwithjm:
Maybe Chet can hook you up with a great motor and pump guy Someone with an 800 # no doubt.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/161558/license_20030416224204_66876.jpg
[ May 16, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: King Kuracz ]