PDA

View Full Version : When is FC4?

Dogballs
12-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Will there be a FC4 this year? Last year was a blast and I need something to look forward to other than eating a fruit basket or fruit cake, drinking egg nogs & picking my but. :mad:
Your friendly boater,
Balls

BBTAHITI
12-15-2005, 02:54 PM
There was an FC4 in October.

LGCDEVIL
12-15-2005, 05:44 PM
I heard there was gonna be some kind of blow-out late April. Anybody have details?

Dogballs
12-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Yah, I heard about a big ***boat weekend, not sure if it was Needles or Yuma area, do you know anything about this Darth?

RCB19
12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Will there be a FC4 this year? Last year was a blast and I need something to look forward to other than eating a fruit basket or fruit cake, drinking egg nogs & picking my but. :mad:
Your friendly boater,
Balls
Better start pickin yer butt Balls cuz we've got a long winter in front of us. :yuk: J/K. What's the latest brotha?

Dogballs
12-15-2005, 07:10 PM
I am picking my butt and nose at the same time. No seriously, I am getting a tune up on the old dogballs #000 :crossx: and should be able to pick up 2.3 mph next year if there is a tail wind and I am going down river.
Next year will come sooner than you think, I usually make my first trip last week in March if there is no rain and a heat wave! :skull:
Balls

beerjet
12-15-2005, 07:19 PM
does any one go out to mead at all.

Cs19
12-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I am getting a tune up on the old dogballs #000 :crossx:
Balls
Balls, number 000 is taken.Sofa king nailed that number down last season. I like 666 better. :)
Just a tune up huh? :)

FuelInMyVeins82
12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=dogball]I am picking my butt and nose.
As long as its not w/ the same fingure I'd say your alright
Why doint you come to Elsinore on Saturday!!

Cas
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
I am picking my butt and nose at the same time.
Confucious say - Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails

Dogballs
12-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Now I am licking my finger. I like the numer 909 that will through everyone off. I would love to come out to smell-some-hore but I don't have a boat. Maybe I will bring my personal watercraft and race some jetboats this saturday.
Its a wave runner on the bottle!
Dont Mess!

moneysucker
12-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Late april is when the Red Bluff Nitro Nationals are. Oh well, I never show up for get togethers anyways...Continue.

beerjet
12-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Is it just me or does elsinore have a constant 3' chop all day

screamdreambrad
12-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Late april is when the Red Bluff Nitro Nationals are. Oh well, I never show up for get togethers anyways...Continue.
that'd be memorial weekend , the end of may for red bluff

RCB19
12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Now I am licking my finger. I like the numer 909 that will through everyone off. I would love to come out to smell-some-hore but I don't have a boat. Maybe I will bring my personal watercraft and race some jetboats this saturday.
Its a wave runner on the bottle!
Dont Mess!
Don't tell me the Sanchez is next! Put on the dry suit and bring that 440 Jet Ski out that Jeff Jacobs from PJS set up in the 80's @ lay down some elbow drags. :lightsabe

RCB19
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Is it just me or does elsinore have a constant 3' chop all day
Gotta get there in the AM. Blows out in the afternoon most of the time.

beerjet
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
How the hell was fc3? It snuck right past me.

RCB19
12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Wasn't much. Just a bunch of die hards that wanted to run their boats and drink a little. Still it's always fun.

beerjet
12-15-2005, 09:23 PM
read about the first , made to the second , and the third got away.

RCB19
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
First and second were the real one's that Roostwear put together as an event. I never made thoes two. He bailed out on the third for undisclosed reasons.

beerjet
12-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I had a good time even though "blueski" wasnt runnin all that good.
mainly cuz I'm dumb ass. :mad:

RCB19
12-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I had a good time even though "blueski" wasnt runnin all that good.
mainly cuz I'm dumb ass. :mad:
We're all dumb asses. We own boats.

beerjet
12-15-2005, 10:07 PM
We're all dumb asses. We own boats.
I'll tell you what, after repeat disasemblies the things one forgets due to the anxiety of gettin on the water is amazing.

Squirtcha?
12-16-2005, 05:40 AM
This might've been covered but I'll toss it up anyway. The FC thing has been dumped since Roostwear stopped doing his thing. Last October they did the deal with all the usual suspects, but called it MC1 (Mentally Challenged).
Can't remember now who coined the term Mentally Challenged, but there ya go. Like the others have said, late April was when the original FC thing was happening. I'd imagine everyone will be ready for another one about that same time.
I know I will

LGCDEVIL
12-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Yah, I heard about a big ***boat weekend, not sure if it was Needles or Yuma area, do you know anything about this Darth?
Thought it was Needles. Not sure. Sounded like an FC/MC kind of deal. Some dude was talking about it at the boat shop, but didn't know much either.

roostwear
12-16-2005, 06:28 AM
This might've been covered but I'll toss it up anyway. The FC thing has been dumped since Roostwear stopped doing his thing. Last October they did the deal with all the usual suspects, but called it MC1 (Mentally Challenged).
Can't remember now who coined the term Mentally Challenged, but there ya go. Like the others have said, late April was when the original FC thing was happening. I'd imagine everyone will be ready for another one about that same time.
I know I will
OK, NOW let's get a couple things ironed out. FC was NOT dumped. I had an invitation only FC4 in October and had a ball. FC3 was in May, and after seeing what it turned into, I had to make a change. I have trimmed down Roostwear considerably... namely dropping the shirt line, but it is not dead, just changing. The "Mentally Challenged" thing came up when someone wanted to use the FC name and I said no. There will be more FCs (twice a year as before), but they are NOT races, they will NOT be in Big River again, and they will be invitation only. They are for boaters, not wannabe racers. It doesn't matter if 50 or 250 show up, it has to be people that are enjoyable to hang with.
If anyone is interested, go to the FC board (http://freeboardchallenged.com/fcboard/index.php) and post, or PM me.
Done

sofa king smooth
12-16-2005, 08:13 AM
000 is mine, if you want it your going to have to win it.jk The last week in April is sick at Needles. There just happens to be alot of prop boats down by the bridge, some like to call it a vacation.I will be there for the entire week at my house. I will be driving the v drive as well as the draggon. Looking forward to TRAILERING some v drives with my squirt gun as well as being trailered myself.
There will aloso be cold refreshments and blender drinks being served at the liars lounge.

cyclone
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
OK, NOW let's get a couple things ironed out. FC was NOT dumped. I had an invitation only FC4 in October and had a ball. FC3 was in May, and after seeing what it turned into, I had to make a change. I have trimmed down Roostwear considerably... namely dropping the shirt line, but it is not dead, just changing. The "Mentally Challenged" thing came up when someone wanted to use the FC name and I said no. There will be more FCs (twice a year as before), but they are NOT races, they will NOT be in Big River again, and they will be invitation only. They are for boaters, not wannabe racers. It doesn't matter if 50 or 250 show up, it has to be people that are enjoyable to hang with.
If anyone is interested, go to the FC board (http://freeboardchallenged.com/fcboard/index.php) and post, or PM me.
Done
you have a pm mike.

FuelInMyVeins82
12-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Done
I'm kinda currious what a "wannabe racer" is?

Moneypitt
12-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I'll take a wild guess here. Wannabe racers are poeple with boats than can be fast, or slow. I think it is their attitude, lack of experience, and refusal to wear/employ safety gear. Their actions put themselves and everyone else at risk, and you have to remember, the organizers of events like this are all worried about the possibilty of liability attaching if there were any problems on the water, or in the parking lot. Another factor is the alcohol. Some people don't seperate the boozing from the boating, which can also create severe problems for everyone involved.......Just some wild guesses as to why the event became somewhat restricted as to who attends............MP

Squirtcha?
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Squirtcha?
I know I will
If anyone is interested, go to the FC board and post, or PM me.
Done
Dang.................a little testy?
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. Certainly no offense was intended. I didn't mean that FC was dumped, but rather a new name had been adopted by those that wanted to continue meeting at, and having fun on the river.
Obviously I've struck a chord Mike. My apologies.
Guess that means my invitation will be lost in the mail as did my special invite for FC4?
Personally, I never cared who put the thing on, or what they wanted to call it. I just wanted to meet some other folks at the river and run my boat. I'm pretty simple that way.
Dan

revndave
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
All this invite only crap.Its a joke.Gotta come and post.Seems like everbody has a forum now and you can play with us if you post.

Dogballs
12-16-2005, 03:51 PM
000 is mine, if you want it your going to have to win it.jk The last week in April is sick at Needles. There just happens to be alot of prop boats down by the bridge, some like to call it a vacation.I will be there for the entire week at my house. I will be driving the v drive as well as the draggon. Looking forward to TRAILERING some v drives with my squirt gun as well as being trailered myself.
There will aloso be cold refreshments and blender drinks being served at the liars lounge.
Sofaking,
I will just take the number 0 which describes my status. I will be in Needles the entire week myself and would enjoy a lovely adult beverage at the liars lounge.
Love,
Balls

Dogballs
12-16-2005, 03:54 PM
It sounds like this whole FC deal is a real teer jerker :cry:

revndave
12-16-2005, 03:58 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Squirtin Thunder
12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
It must be the cold slowing you down. :grin:
I appreciate the support. I've caught a ton of shit from people today about the FC4 thread on ***boat and my response. Unfortunately, they don't know what happened, but I'm tired of trying to explain it.
FOR THE RECORD..... there are very few people that didn't receive an invitation to FC4 because of who or what they are. I wanted it to go back to what it started as, and there was no way to start over by announcing it to the world. If you read this and feel hurt you were not invited, please don't. It was this way or stop doing FC all together. I spoke with people about it, and it was pretty much unanimous that they wanted it to continue. I appreciate that people that came to the first 3 wanted to come to FC4. Just think of it as a retooling.
Post here who would like have attend FC5. Not to single anyone out, but Jim, keep this on topic please.
Basically Mike said to post who we wanted to invite. Most of you had other plans that weekend.

Dogballs
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And the twenty-twos keep spinning :rollside: :rollside:

moneysucker
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
I think all you guys need to make a trip down to Yuma this year. If we had a hotel it would be perfect. Hook up the RV and roll down.

Squirtin Thunder
12-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I think all you guys need to make a trip down to Yuma this year. If we had a hotel it would be perfect. Hook up the RV and roll down.
I will show if you show !!! :yuk:

RiverRacer
12-16-2005, 11:39 PM
I've had a couple guys from that area call me about doing Ford engine work for them. One stopped by the shop about 3 months ago with his Daytona. VERY NICE! He told me they hang with a bunch of CHP guys that take the radar heads out of their cars and clock boats at 120+(theirs). I just stood there and nodded my head. I will be there sometime this coming year to find out for myself what goes on south of beautiful, downtown Blythe. I'll be reading the posts to see when. RR

FuelInMyVeins82
12-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey as long as its not "invite only" who knows maybe ill RSVP

Cs19
12-17-2005, 12:49 AM
I know im beating a dead horse, but I still would like to see a GIGANTIC ***boat bash with all hotrod jet and v-drive guys. I think it could be fun.We can call it "wanna be racers" challenge #1

Dogballs
12-17-2005, 07:45 AM
YUMA sounds like the place and Wanabe Racers shall be the name, hell I know that fits me to the T. This trip will only be for the hardcore because accomodations at Lake Martinez are limited. Maybe we can get this thing going and start signups on a thread right now so it will be the largest jet/vdrive deal yet.
P.S. If you are looking for an invite your not invited! :rollside:
When would be the best date for this event?

RCB19
12-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I know im beating a dead horse, but I still would like to see a GIGANTIC ***boat bash with all hotrod jet and v-drive guys. I think it could be fun.We can call it "wanna be racers" challenge #1
We're having the first meeting today at the green pond arent we???

beerjet
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
all this drama when there's really nothin stopin us from "running into each other" out on the water , some where sometime.

Cs19
12-17-2005, 09:06 AM
We're having the first meeting today at the green pond arent we???
ill be at the ramp around noon.
:)

moneysucker
12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
I've had a couple guys from that area call me about doing Ford engine work for them. One stopped by the shop about 3 months ago with his Daytona. VERY NICE! He told me they hang with a bunch of CHP guys that take the radar heads out of their cars and clock boats at 120+(theirs). I just stood there and nodded my head. I will be there sometime this coming year to find out for myself what goes on south of beautiful, downtown Blythe. I'll be reading the posts to see when. RR
We hava a radar gun too. Even on busy holiay weekends the water always gets perfect for passes just before dark. When the racing is done float back down river to the bar (Hot rod boats should only go up river. If we plan it on an off weekend, There are full hook up spaces available at Hidden Shores down river and they even have a nice man made beach right by the dam. There is Av gas at the pump at Martinez and also a ton of no hook up rv area between the bars (Fishers and Martinez) under the treees at the old airstrip. (within Walking distance of both bars) I would say wait until the IHBA and NJBA schedules are finalized to pick a date. probably during the months that IHBA is in TX or Georgia. I think a gathering here would be perfect. We are very limited on big boats. Once people upgrade to one, they go up river with the cool kids and pee in our water. I think a get together in Yuma (martinez) is a great idea. I just don't want to see any of you low life scumbag wanna be racers around my house out there. Oh, who am I kidding, there is a bar at both launch ramps, you won't get far from there in the evenings I am sure.

RCB19
12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Still the one next to Marina West??

Cs19
12-17-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah, but dont tell anyone, this is for special people only.

RCB19
12-17-2005, 09:20 AM
yeah, but dont tell anyone, this is for special people only.
Opps! Sorry I broke the code section 12 article 243.

LGCDEVIL
12-17-2005, 10:25 AM
So CS is the official organizer of the Wanna Be 1? I need to know so I can forward the information to my team of attorneys.....just in case... :D

Dogballs
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
So CS is the official organizer of the Wanna Be 1? I need to know so I can forward the information to my team of attorneys.....just in case... :D
Yes, Yes, I will call Johnny Cockring for some legal advise and do some due diligence on memberships and the ramifications of the wanabe racers federation association!

FuelInMyVeins82
12-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Ya better make we can use the name because technically, we didnt come up w/ it. :rollside:
Today was rad lake was little cold but not cold enough to stop us from thrown a few cold ones back and having a good time. All the boats ran good and that schiada was sick.

Dogballs
12-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Whos Schiada was out there?

Dogballs
12-18-2005, 08:28 AM
As stated by $$$ Sucker lets wait till the race schedules come out before we plan this event at Martinez (Yuma) I am thinking sometime in early April. :crossx:

RCB19
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Whos Schiada was out there?
Rippingnoleggskroker's. Thing looks like and does get with the program.

RCB19
12-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Balls weren't we talkin about setting up a deal early spring next year? Needles? Avi? Perfect excuse to have the 1st "Wanna Be Racers" event.

moneysucker
12-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, kids, I pick up my christmas present on friday. 40' toy hauler with living quarters so I will go damn near anywhere now and even tow in the rain since M$ will be inside. Quit bustin' Roostwears balls. He got us this far so I commend him for that. It is unfortunate that it was ruined by a few bad apples but all good things must come to an end or at least be scaled down to a cotrolable #.

victorfb
12-18-2005, 01:24 PM
CBBB? :idea: unless of course your thinking more on the lines of a race oriented event. NJBA? :idea: what many of you seem to not realize is the fact that no one person wants to be held liable for any missfortunes that can occur durring one of these events. we all know that courage comes in a 12oz can and when you get that many wanna be racers at an unsactioned event it can spell dissaster. there is a reason for the no alcohol rules at most race events. not only is this a problem on the water but also on the shore. altercations at launch ramps and camping areas are increasing dramaticly. most sanctioned events are organized with more than just a place to gather, but with proper security enforcement to help control some of the issues. "wanna be racers"? if you wanna be a racer, go to a race track, were safety is top priority.
river racing will allways be a part of our sport/fun. but when trying to get a large number of participants together at an unsactioned event you are asking for trouble.
Cs19, in not trying to insult you in any way, but i am very surprized with your post. especially when you are a great promoter of NJBA. imagine lifting all rules and regulations at one of the races at ming. no fee's, no safety requirements, alcohol ban lifted, open water for any and all boaters, no orginization, no trash recepticle and pick up, a total free for all, ect, ect, ect. i bet the participation count would skyrocket. now put your name on the responsible party. thats basically what you are asking for. the Loyd brothers do an amazing job with the CBBB, but that is with the help of the AVI casino, and its NOT a race oriented event.
so for all you that are upset about mike's (roostwear) decision to tone down the FC get togethers, quit your whining. start your own. and when it gets out of hand with all the stupidity that WILL eventually occur, let us see what decisions you make. mike has allready posted that if you want to be invited to an FC event, go to the web site and PM him. its that simple.
when we go to the races, we all have to abide by the rules or we wont be let in. toting 6 cases of beer and being roudy isnt going to get you in the gate. they dont want the trouble. i imagine mike (roostwear) doesnt either. come to enjoy the event for what its intended and youll have a great time. :)

Cs19
12-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Vic, Im not looking to put my name on anything, I just want to see everyone get togethor and have a good time, thats all.
I understand what your saying, but I still think it can be done.Nobody had their name on the 6th street deal, alot of people showed up with their hotrods, and it was a success.
BTW, its not about racing, its just a gathering.

Cs19
12-18-2005, 02:15 PM
CBBB? :idea: unless of course your thinking more on the lines of a race oriented event. NJBA?
CBBB is exactly that..Classic boats. Im thinking more along the lines of an event for hotrods and race boats,besides its so rough at CBBB the hotrods cant get used and everyone knows that by now.
NJBA is a race event, they aern't about to throw an event for us river guys.

dmontzsta
12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
CBBB is exactly that..Classic boats. Im thinking more along the lines of an event for hotrods and race boats,besides its so rough at CBBB the hotrods cant get used and everyone knows that by now.
NJBA is a race event, they aern't about to throw an event for us river guys.
yup, that is exactly why you dont see many V-Drives at CBBB.
:cry:

FuelInMyVeins82
12-18-2005, 07:08 PM
You know i can only speak for my self, but I have never had a problem w/ roostwear or any one else on the boards. In fact I had a blast at CBB hanging out w/ him and vic and all of you guys. I just cant realate to taking something that is a public area such as the river and saying only you can come. Why even name it if that is the case. To me it just sounds like something you would do any other day at the riv.
I mean lets face it the 18-19ft hot boat thing is fading out. I hate to say it, but it is the case. Companies that once mass produced smaller boats are now charging obsorbidant amounts of money to lay up the boats. If they do lay they them up they usually want to rig them aswell which takes the uniquness, inginuity and creativity of rigging your own boat out of the entire project.
Large hot boat groupings such as Free board challenge, CBB and hopefully Wanabe racers is a good thing because it involves more than just the few boats that you see on a regular basis. It shows that there is still a market for smaller hot boats and that we are not goin any where, anytime soon. It also gives our hobby/sport much needed publicity that it would not get at smaller gatherings. I mean our own magazine (hot boat) barely gives us the any coverage any more. FB challegne was one of these large events and is no longer thats fine I just wonder what we are losing because of it thats all.

victorfb
12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
cs19. i know what you mean bud. i too would love to see it happen all the time. im just going off of the the conversations i have had with mike and the fact that since he uses the name roostwear which is a ligitamate buisness, he cannot have it affiliated in any way to any gathering that may have liabilty issues. but what i know and have seen from prior events is that some of the participants have been unwanted and basically uninvited to these gatherings. its not easy to control who comes to them once the word is out. not sure if you had parties at your parents house when you were a kid, but i had plenty, and it allways ended up with me calling the cops on my own party because some people from a nieghbor area wanted to show up and crash it. it happens. not much differance here with these gatherings it seems. wanna be gang bangers seem to allways show up. a quote from one guy that attended FC4 " we are street fighters,we will take you guys on". not to name names or point fingers, but this the element mike is trying to eleminate from the events. its all about the hod rod boaters and thier rides. if you look at what mike has been up to lately, you would realize he is very much into the hot rod seen, but he has geared himself in the street rod because the boating gig got too stupid. he wants to keep the boating gig alive but it will take some creative thinking and tactics to accomplish what he set out to do a few years back.
i know i know, all my posts seem to be long winded. but its the way i am to get my point across. you want it in a nut shell? keep the *%@ing punks out of the events and we will have alot more of them.

waterwitch
12-23-2005, 01:35 PM
I LOVE this statement! Think it
sums it up! :D

Cs19
12-23-2005, 08:01 PM
ya that focker LGC.. :) that was good.
Funny thing is, Im getting sued all the time for my comments on ***boat.

dmontzsta
12-23-2005, 08:09 PM
ya that focker LGC.. :) that was good.
Funny thing is, Im getting sued all the time for my comments on ***boat.
Can you make some comments to me? I could use the money.

bradbigsley
12-25-2005, 08:46 AM
we dont need no stinking events.. just hot boats together on the river... :crossx:

HalletDave
12-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Can you make some comments to me? I could use the money.
LMAO
I could use some dead presidents also. How have you been Don?
I guess I'll keep the boat in the garage all next year. I don't want Johny Cockring coming after me for bitch slapping some rude ignorant hillbilly threatning me or my friends at a launch ramp. Just kidding, I hope to see a lot of you good folks next year. :D :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Dave I am fallowing you so don't get lost.

78Southwind
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Dave I am fallowing you so don't get lost.
Jim
Dave never gets lost everyone else does. :crossx: :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Jim
If we fallow him we won't get lost !!! :cool:

BigDoug
12-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Jim, it's FOLLOW...... not fallow........that's twice now. :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
OK fellow !!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 11:32 PM
At least it is Mellow

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 11:33 PM
And say Hello to the wife.
BTW
Happy New Year !!! :cool:

Beautiful Noise
12-27-2005, 12:29 AM
yup, that is exactly why you dont see many V-Drives at CBBB.:cry:
What when did this Happen,I thought this was a V-Drive Dealio?? :rolleyes: :)

dmontzsta
12-27-2005, 07:56 AM
What when did this Happen,I thought this was a V-Drive Dealio?? :rolleyes: :)
That explains why you are always cruising around lost.

HalletDave
12-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Jim
That's sort of true Jerry, lol, I may not be able to find everyone else but where ever I am I know I am there.
Steve, "Beautiful Noise" is a V-Drive? I guess I thought it was a jet because I have rarely seen it on the trailer. :D

Brooski
12-27-2005, 07:51 PM
So is it true? Has it finally happened? Have we reached that point?
Hallett Dave is posting on HB, and he is posting in the evening, which can only mean one thing.....................El Casa del Davey must have a computer now.... Welcome to what you've been missing....... :p