PDA

View Full Version : 42 Race dates for scorpionking

jodangles
02-06-2003, 09:25 PM
I found out that the races are the first saterday in August for sure. My nighbor that bought the new eagal tunnel told me he was going to race this year but now he is selling the boat without even puting it in the river. It seems our country needs him in kosavao or somthing he leaves in March Bummer hu. Anyhow you are going to race the steaptec? I don't know if the rules have a deep vee class or just flat bottoms and the rest have to run the same class but if you can run without any tunnels you should be able to win your class. With the power you have how fast do you est. you can go? Thanks Joey O ya the ol gasconade was damn thin last weekend I hit once going over pink cabbin shole.

scorpionking
02-08-2003, 06:48 PM
hey thanks for the update. i will be racing but not in the steptch. i am hoping to see mid 80's with the steptech. i also have an older shoal runner stock except with updated interior but its no racer. the boat i will be racing is a true tunnel/pickelfork setup. top end around
115 mph. bummer about your buddy, i hope all goes well for him. did you mess up your boat when you hit?

jodangles
02-08-2003, 10:57 PM
naw, my boat is in fine shape it's juat the nature of the beast when the river is as low as it is. living in the city I don't have to tell you the mississippi is so low its sucking all the rivers out here down. what make is the pickle fork you are running? Im trying to sell one for my uncle its a 21' youngblood tunnel needs int, pump, motor and the paint is like some old flame job but just on the front. But the fiberglass and grate are good it also has a loader and a hot shoe.
On the steap teack did you say it was an open bow? I didn't think they made one. But I am by no means an expert on any of this boating stuff. I've only had an inbord since August, except for a waverunner. And ther not mutch count compaired to V8s anyhow you seem to know your stuff on boats by the projects you take on, I mean with the 57 chevy, steptec and the tunnel. Maybe you could lend some advice Im thinking about puting Nitrous on the gator, not for the 42 races but for racing my nighbor. I have a 250 shot plate system leftover from the drag racing days, so I do know that when you put the motor on dope it comes alive. But it was on a 396 with lots of cam and headers LS7 heads dominator intake and an 850 holly. I guess im asking what size plate should I use? Thanks for the reply Joey

scorpionking
02-09-2003, 10:14 AM
the steptech will be an open bow. it will be the only one out there that i know of. i am still looking for power for the 57. i would love to put a smallblock in it but it is a riveted boat and im afraid of it coming apart. i would love to find a wrecked fiberglass jet like a searaider or seedoo style with a mercury sportjet in it. the pickelfork is designed after the edge stealth hull but aluminum. as for the nitrous,my best friend has a 454 with a nitrous setup, it boost him aprox 10mph instantly. is your boat fuel injected or carbed? nitrous is fun but it doesn't last long plus can do some damage if you abuse it. i have asked before but how much does your uncle want for that youngblood? it is just a hull isnt it? and does it have a trailer? i would love to see it.

Jetmugg
02-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Scorpion:
I have been daydreaming about an aluminum picklefork for a few years. I remember asking the guys at the St Louis boat show a couple years ago what kind of new hulls they would be offering. They were talking about Aluminum tunnel hulls back then, but I never saw them offer one. I'd love to see that pickleboat. I guess I'll have to come down to the Gasconade with my Gullwing.
I think I'll be going to the Boat Show on Wednesday evening. Those weekend crowds are too much.
About the Gasconade, I guess I need more experience running the river to know where all the shoals are. I used to go with a buddy of mine that knew it pretty well, but I don't think I'd trust myself not to hit anything or run out of water.
SteveM.

jodangles
02-09-2003, 10:18 PM
jetmug
the tunnel you were asking about will be at the boat show and the one they are bringing is killer its a 21' 454powered gator. It has blue, yellow and chekerd flag grafx. I belive this boat is for sale my nighbor orderd it and is in the guard and getting deployed to kosavo for 6 months to a year so he won't be able to use it. Also if you wanted to boat on the gasconade the spring is very easy going on the lower end my uncle used to run a youngblood tunnel on the river for 2 summers. He just got another one but its just one he bought to sell.