PDA

View Full Version : ford 460 timing cover?

Brendella
05-08-2002, 09:59 PM
Any one have a ford 460 timimg cover the want to sell I think I am in need of one.
or do you know where I can get one new hopefully.

Beavertim
05-08-2002, 10:04 PM
If you're in SoCal, the long beach swap meet is a good place to look. I think it's this sunday (at veterens stadium by the airport). You can call ecology auto wrecking to verify (they sponsor it). Tim

hack job
05-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Brendella:
Any one have a ford 460 timimg cover the want to sell I think I am in need of one.
or do you know where I can get one new hopefully.
most of your local speed shops can get you a new one its going to be a bit pricey and i would go out to some junck yard there is usally a abbundace of 460/429s in the junck yard i wouldnt imaging that it could be that much form the junk yard like maybe 35 . new its going to start at 175 good luck ! i might be looking too , i neew to pressure check mine.
Tyson www.plumbersassracing.com (http://www.plumbersassracing.com)

HYDROMOBILE
05-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Are you looking for the ford water pump housing, or the marine flat alum polished plate that bolts on to it . I habe the alum plate Jim Brock (818)890-1867

Brendella
05-09-2002, 08:01 PM
jim I am looking for the housing I already bought the plate from you about sixweeks ago with the motor mounts.
thanks guys

lakesmodified
05-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Brendella, just noticed this post... I bought one through a guy that sells aftermarket ones on ebay. I sent him an email asking what I could buy one for(not on auction) and he answered $75.00 plus shipping. I received it within a week, and it's a new housing, looks almost identical to the Ford part, just some little differences in a casting mark here and there. The one thing I did like about it, that I felt was an improvement to the original cover, was the front seal is pressed in from the front, versus the inside of the cover. So if you end up with a leak, you don't have to remove the cover in order to replace the front seal. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll see if I can back track and find his email address. I figured it was better than buying a "used" one, that you have no idea as to if it's going to leak water into your engine. Or a new one from Ford for over $170... Ivan