PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure to Holly 660's?

Bryan Rose
07-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Found out the guy I bought the Boat from installed a Holey Blue pump with no pressure Reg. The boat has been run with no reg in it and 15 psi seems kind of steep for pressure to 2 Holleys to me, also the engine dies when you get off the gas and acts flooded .will one pressure reg work for both carbs? and what psi should I set it at?
thanks I'm tryin here...
Bryan

LakesOnly
07-08-2003, 05:51 PM
As far as fuel pressure, try 7 p.s.i.
As far as on regulaotr for two carbs, well, I'm going through that one myself right now. But 7. p.s.i. should be appropriate for your set-up (based on your profile).
LO

Beautiful Noise
07-08-2003, 05:56 PM
I run a Pair of 660's and I have them regulated at 7 psi with the Blue Holly Pump :D :D
Steve

Bryan Rose
07-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Will set it at 7 psi for the two . with on reg inline before the split. Does this sound like the cure for the problem I described .
Thanks for the quick responce guys and I will keep you posted as to what happens..............
Bryan

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Bryan,one more thing.If it dies when you let off the gas it sounds like you have a float stuck as well.After you get the fuel pressure set reset the float level.15psi might be enough to mess with your needle and seats.