PDA

View Full Version : ski ropes

slalomskier
09-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Well afer 20+ years of jet boating I sucked up my first ski rope today :( :( . After pulling my boat out of the water I tried to remove it from the clean out real quick before I left the lake. I got most of it out but there is still a small piece wedged against the shaft at the front of the clean out and the rope that is left is pretty frayed. I was hoping for some words of wisdom from my fellow jetters :) :) ! I appreciate any help with my problem. Thanks!
Larry
------------------------------------------------
When in doubt---------GAS IT!!!

Squirtcha?
09-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Razor knife but I do mine from the bottom. Pull the grate off and it gives you lots of room to maneuver. You can even use two hands.
[ September 28, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

ole war horse
09-29-2003, 06:26 AM
I had the same thing happened to me a while back and if I put someone up on the front of the bow, I can remove the cleanout and I always carry a steak knife because it has teeth and it will saw up the tow rope without any problem.......

slalomskier
09-29-2003, 07:33 PM
This forum is great! I really appreciate the info. I got home from work today and pulled the intake grate off and cut the rope out. It took a little while to get it all out but it worked. I just wanted to thank you guys for the info. :) :) :) . I'm planing on taking the boat out in two weeks for my last trip to the lake before I put it away for the winter.
----------------------------------
When in doubt -------- GAS IT !