check your PM
HBjet

Cs19
07-22-2003, 08:23 AM
cs19 has a 6 pack of coors light middle man fee if the deal goes through! :D

HBjet
07-22-2003, 08:48 AM
cs19:
cs19 has a 6 pack of coors light middle man fee if the deal goes through! :D 6 pack? Dude, I'm thinking 30 pack! BTW, wouldn't getting a ride in my boat be enough? J/K
Thanks
HBjet

slotracer
07-22-2003, 08:51 AM
hey cs19 if you deliver i will get you a 24 pack
pat(slotracer) :D
[ July 22, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: SLOTRACER ]

ChetCapoli
07-22-2003, 09:03 AM
How's the test and tune Hb?? kinda being quiet arent ya? I finally cracked the aluminum impeller, new one should be here this week. Seems i hit a wall with speed btw....gotta few more things to try then it's looks like it's tunnel time. :) Cant surrender to your speed yet you know. :D
CHET

HBjet
07-22-2003, 09:41 AM
ChetCapoli:
How's the test and tune Hb?? kinda being quiet arent ya? I finally cracked the aluminum impeller, new one should be here this week. Seems i hit a wall with speed btw....gotta few more things to try then it's looks like it's tunnel time. :) Cant surrender to your speed yet you know. :D
CHET Well, I haven't been able to run the boat at any speed yet. At the lake with crappy water conditions I reached 77, but I was in and out of the water and on and off the gas. When I go out and run it again I'll post what my numbers are then. That sucks about your aluminum. I'm still running my aluminum too. I need to get a stainless, just waiting for the right deal. What's the best speed you have seen in that boat? I have 1/4" of hook around the intake of the hull so I know that's hurting me. I need to get that fixed someday!
HBjet

Cs19
07-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah i think i quit drinking this morning. pig_flyi Nasty hangover from the elsinore trip. So ill take you up on the ride in your boat. Hey slot i will be up at the sac. delta for 5 days at the tower park marina if i can help just let me know, i have no problem driving the parts up.

Jet Hydro
07-22-2003, 11:44 AM
HBjet:
ChetCapoli:
CHET Well, I haven't been able to run the boat at any speed yet. At the lake with crappy water conditions I reached 77, but I was in and out of the water and on and off the gas. When I go out and run it again I'll post what my numbers are then. That sucks about your aluminum. I'm still running my aluminum too. I need to get a stainless, just waiting for the right deal. What's the best speed you have seen in that boat? I have 1/4" of hook around the intake of the hull so I know that's hurting me. I need to get that fixed someday!
HBjet Hey HBjet if you want to save a little money try the Aggressor TenzaloyMagAlum.Impeller . I`v had great luck with it.

HBjet
07-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Jet Hydro:
Hey HBjet if you want to save a little money try the Aggressor TenzaloyMagAlum.Impeller . I`v had great luck with it. You know, I have never thought of that! Thanks for the tip!
pig_flyi
HBjet

BowTie Rick
07-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Hey CS19... The heads I got from you kick ass. I am more than happy with them :D Thanks again!

Cs19
07-22-2003, 01:14 PM
i just pmed you to see how they were running. weird.. anyways im glad they are running good. have you noticed a big improvement over the oval ports?

BowTie Rick
07-22-2003, 01:31 PM
I did multiple changes at the same time so I don't know what made the biggest impact. I did the heads, went from a 750 to an 850 double pumper, changed the fuel line to -8 (3/8") all the way from tank to carb, new intake manifold (lower RPM band to match boats RPMs), and went from a jet-o-vator to a place diverter. I wound up gaining 10 MPH on GPS!!! :D :D :D

flat broke
07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
BowTie Rick:
I did multiple changes at the same time so I don't know what made the biggest impact. I did the heads, went from a 750 to an 850 double pumper, changed the fuel line to -8 (3/8") all the way from tank to carb, new intake manifold (lower RPM band to match boats RPMs), and went from a jet-o-vator to a place diverter. I wound up gaining 10 MPH on GPS!!! :D :D :D Rick,
What did you end up with as your current top speed? It's always good to see us guys with the bigger boats post up some nice numbers. 10MPH is a great increase. It just goes to show that a good setup is more than the sum of its parts. Good luck, and maybe there are a couple more MPH laying in wait with some more tuning.
Chris

slotracer
07-22-2003, 05:15 PM
cs19 looks like you are going to get some beer for your efforts smile_sp i talked to hbjet about the crank ands rods and i decided to pick them up from him for my new project engine give a pm when
time gets closer and we will set up a meeting time
and CHET it is none of your bussiness what i paid for them. pat(slotracer) :D
[ July 22, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: SLOTRACER ]

Cs19
07-22-2003, 06:00 PM
ok sounds good. i will be leaving oc the first sunday of august. sent a pm slot. After re reading this thread i sound like a real drunk. :D

Bense468
07-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Now you just need a boat for that motor right slot?
CS you are a real drunk. Now get back to work on that boat. Its crunch time. Only 3 months left of decent water. That thing is hitting the water this october. I will come down and help you drink your beers if you would like, so that they are not distracting you from your work.
[ July 22, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Cs19
07-22-2003, 07:33 PM
funny bense. :D to be honest i have been distracted latley, its summer and all. But in reality there is not anything left to do except put in a motor,battery,grate and some gas. sounds so easy..ya right.

Bense468
07-22-2003, 08:32 PM
I know what you mean. But the motor that is kind of a big step.

Cs19
07-22-2003, 09:20 PM
the motor is a huge step,i agree. but i dont think some people realize how much work it really is to rig a boat from scratch. Its soooo much easier to start with something and just improve what you have and simply replace stuff. As far as the motor i think im there financially, just waiting in line. :D

slotracer
07-23-2003, 04:25 AM
bense i have a southwind tunnel dragster this
engine is going in. if i did not have this boat
i would bought yours from you for sure.
pat(slotracer) :D

BowTie Rick
07-23-2003, 08:24 AM
flat broke
[/qb]Rick,
What did you end up with as your current top speed? It's always good to see us guys with the bigger boats post up some nice numbers. 10MPH is a great increase. It just goes to show that a good setup is more than the sum of its parts. Good luck, and maybe there are a couple more MPH laying in wait with some more tuning.
Chris [/QB][/QUOTE]
It hit 62.23 on GPS going upriver to Topak. Best it did before was 51. Not bad for an open bow, with 3 people and full tanks. I think a droop will help get it out of the water a bit more and might add a couple more MPH. I have a JC bowl so I'll have to get it cut and I am tapped out right now.