PDA

View Full Version : New headers

BrendellaJet
10-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Okay, my 11 year old bassetts are officially being retired. One of the primary tubes separated from the flange and lets just say the noise isnt as pleasant as before. So, anyone out there have a set of aluminized, or coated headers? Im curious to see how they look. Can you run them without water and not have them blue? Does Bassett sell them that way? Anyone out there ever use the Rewarder headers? How do they compare?
Thanks!

MikeF
10-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Bjet, I think they are both quality companies. Though I believe that rewarder has a new setup for the coating on the headers. Neither should blue w/o running water through them, but beware eek! they will get really hot and melt any wiring near them and the hull w/ get HOT. Dry headers are really only for race applications.

burning cole
10-14-2002, 09:47 AM
I use rewarder headers and they seem to work very for me. Here is a picture:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/jp2.JPG

Jetty 468
10-14-2002, 09:55 AM
I put on a set of T.T. Rewarder's and pick up some good number's with them and the price is fair !! When I go through the pit's at the race's I see ALOT of Rewarder's .

BrendellaJet
10-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Mike F, are you saying that the chrome wont blue with out water, if so, I beg to differ, but I may be missunderstanding. I dont want to run them dry ever, but at idle, isn't everyone forced to? After having to idle for 10 minutes into the marina at needles, my headers definitely looked worse off. Not that i'll ever go in there again(they were out of gas!), but I dont want to have to go through the BS ceremony that Bassett reccomends on their website to keep my chrome $600 headers looking nice. For the money, those things should take care of themselves. Unless bassett offers the coating, I think im gonna opt for the rewarders, besides, they are cheaper!
Thanks!

MikeF
10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
BrendellaJet:
Mike F, are you saying that the chrome wont blue with out waterNope! W/ the new coating they will not blue running dry. :D Though I do not know how well the rewarder coating will work. Better call them and ask about the details on the adheering qualities of the coating! Who did they get their coating machines/process from?

squirts
10-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Give Jim a call at rewarder and ask for a set of thru transom ceramic coated. I have a set and I couldn't be happier nice and quiet until you put your foot down.