PDA

View Full Version : new jets?

sleekster
05-16-2003, 08:43 AM
a guy at work here asked me if anybody makes new jet boats that look like the old jets? any info?

Danhercules
05-16-2003, 08:52 AM
i was lookin for a new one. i was gonna sell mine and get a new one. Not many at all. The only one that was even close was one made by "Turbo". I think that was the name. I am not sure. IT was 20' with a BBC and a Berk jet. It was close. But 30k for a stock motor. I dont konw if I have the name right. I will look through my fliers from the show.

Danhercules
05-16-2003, 09:01 AM
I was wrong. Its a cobra. Heres the link. http://cobraperformanceboats.com/products.htm
Its 19.5 long and a beam of 82''. 330 hp jet for 30k. 1k for magnum V8 and 1k for diverter.

Aqua Boogie1
05-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Also carrera boats used to make a 18ft with motor packages of 454 to 502 jet boats.

Aqua Boogie1
05-16-2003, 09:13 AM
Im sorry, I just pulled up the web page and its a 20ft'er.....

Danhercules
05-16-2003, 09:19 AM
thats the prob, used to make. A lot of companies MADE them. No one makes em now. Well, one or two might. I was laughed at when I was at the boat show looking for a small jet boat. They said, " Your 10 years to late". "We dont make that crap anymore". "Get a real boat". It all pissed me off.

Aqua Boogie1
05-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey Dan, I just called Carrera boats, they are still there but have moved to Riverside. They do offer the 20ft'er. Its called the 20' eclipse with motor packages of 454 to 502. The website is carreraboats.com. Check it out..... :D

Danhercules
05-16-2003, 09:32 AM
I see it. Looks good. I dont think Carrara was at the show. How much? Did you ask?
Anyone else know any others?

Aqua Boogie1
05-16-2003, 09:37 AM
No Im sorry, I didn't ask but just didn't want be giving out the info without checkin it out first. You know.....

HBjet
05-16-2003, 09:39 AM
sleekster, the only jet boat mfg that still does the classic gelcoat look that I know of is California Performance. Also, if you where going to get a 19' Daytona from Eliminator, I'm sure they can tape up an older/classic getcoat design too.
Hope this helps.
HBjet
[ May 16, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hboldno7
05-16-2003, 09:40 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57020eclipse.jpg
Heres carrera's eclipse 20. It looks pretty sweet.

HBjet
05-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Carrera could tape up an older getcoat design!
HBjet

Danhercules
05-16-2003, 09:42 AM
LOL. I have NEVER done that before!! :rolleyes:
Anyway. New boats are just too much $$$. I was gonna get one, but, I would rather put 3k in mine and it will be just as good as new. Boats are a money pit as it is (as I am learning) but to spend 30k on a new one, so much is lost in the 1st couple of years. I'll keep mine. :D

Aluminum Squirt
05-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Look at harbercrafteagle.com and click on eagle racing on the left lower tool bar. You'll never want a fiberglass boat again and you can go 80-90 on pretty modest horsepower for cheaper than almost any new fiberglass jetboat-Aluminum Squirt

Tom Foolery
05-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Howard Boats has a small jet on their website.
http://www.howardboats.com/images/showroom/19-super-jet-1.jpg
[ May 16, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

sleekster
05-16-2003, 09:46 AM
i did'nt think anyone even made 'em. but for 30k i would rather restore 3 old relics, at least you get a sense of pride along with your receipt book.

nelsonf
05-16-2003, 10:54 AM
There are Many companies thet still have and will lay up 18 To 20FT Hotrods IE Kachina,Advantage,Ultra,Carrera,Cobra,CP,Tom Papp, The Cobra i seen at the Show last year was an old Southwind Tdeck mold pretty nice it was 24,000 with trailer

miller19j
05-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Miller Still makes their jet boats in 19 foot and 20 foot models

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-16-2003, 11:52 AM
omega still makes jet boats also.......

HammerDown
05-16-2003, 01:13 PM
I say look around...I came across my 1983 21'Daytona...and got it for penny's on the Dollar. And was in really great shape.

Liberator TJ1984
05-16-2003, 01:47 PM
nelsonf:
There are Many companies thet still have and will lay up 18 To 20FT Hotrods IE Kachina,Advantage,Ultra,Carrera,Cobra,CP,Tom Papp, The Cobra i seen at the Show last year was an old Southwind Tdeck mold pretty nice it was 24,000 with trailer Dave Adams owner of Liberator boats took lots of pictures of my 1984 model..he said there is a trend starting where people are asking for the "Old" style combo and he was going to do some..My boat is all Purple Metalflake w/ Gold and Silver accents...Now he has pics to show them.. Surely someone else would also do the same for you ???
Gopherrr

Squirtcha?
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
nelsonf:
There are Many companies thet still have and will lay up 18 To 20FT Hotrods IE Kachina ,Advantage,Ultra,Carrera,Cobra,CP,Tom Papp, The Cobra i seen at the Show last year was an old Southwind Tdeck mold pretty nice it was 24,000 with trailer Yup Fred's right. Kachina still makes my exact same hull. They no longer advertise the fact, but they'll build em. I believe they start around $20K.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
05-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Go with the CP all the way best performance jet. They look way too good also.

-Nezrik-
05-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Advantage makes a nice one in my opinion.
http://www.advantageboats.com/image/boats/205deck.jpg
Heres the Link (http://www.advantageboats.com/205clcd.htm)

Jake W
05-17-2003, 04:51 AM
I had talked to Ultra about their 19 ft Shadow tunnel and you could buy it just Glass and int with the trailor for about 14 thousand and add your pump and engine.Same with Librator in Tx makes a 20 ft jet splash of a Avantage Banshee and Squrpion makes the 19 TX (gullwing)and 18 and 20 ft tunnel.Condor boats in OK make the 19 tx and the 18 ft and 20 ft Tunnel also I think about 8 to 9 thousand for just the glass.Advanyage still makes their Banshee 20 ft tunnel.I agree with the above post on getting the 19 ft CP gullwing very nice hull fast a good lake boat.Jake

Tahiti Tiger Mark
05-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Danhercules:
thats the prob, used to make. A lot of companies MADE them. No one makes em now. Well, one or two might. I was laughed at when I was at the boat show looking for a small jet boat. They said, " Your 10 years to late". "We dont make that crap anymore". "Get a real boat". It all pissed me off. HEHE, what a lame A$$. I have guys in "real" boats checking my '76 Tahiti out all day, mostly all they see is the transom. :D Our boats might not be as family functional as the new boats, but they are damn cool. Nothing looks finer than a flat river boat sitting in the water with a shiny big block only inches above the water.

Kwicherbichen
05-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Tahiti Tiger Mark:
Danhercules:
thats the prob, used to make. A lot of companies MADE them. No one makes em now. Well, one or two might. I was laughed at when I was at the boat show looking for a small jet boat. They said, " Your 10 years to late". "We dont make that crap anymore". "Get a real boat". It all pissed me off. HEHE, what a lame A$$. I have guys in "real" boats checking my '76 Tahiti out all day, mostly all they see is the transom. :D Our boats might not be as family functional as the new boats, but they are damn cool. Nothing looks finer than a flat river boat sitting in the water with a shiny big block only inches above the water. I'm with ya on that one. I had 2 unsolicited offers to buy mine this weekend.
You can take a look at the Tom Papp Racing Stealth too. I'm not sure what the cost is for a bare hull but I can assure you it less that Eliminator or some of the other big manufactures. Plus you'd be getting a really fast hull.

MikeC
05-28-2003, 08:28 AM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
Go with the CP all the way best performance jet. They look way too good also. I'd have to agree the CP seems to dominate the liquid 1/4 mile. However, I'm a litte concerned about running one as a lake boat. From what I've seen, I'm a little concerned with them as such. I could be wrong here since I haven't seen to many on the lakes, but the couple that I have seen, seem to have a problem with big wakes...... From what it looked like to me, the air entrapment does a good job at that, trapping air right under the front of the nose. But when they hit a big roller the air has no place to go and just looks like it blows up and water goes everywhere, including over the deck into your face.... If you have a GW on the lakes, you know better than me I'm sure, so lets hear what you think about it.... Remember this is just from my outside observation, I could be very wrong, but I have a rock to prove it.