PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock or Weiand???

DickDanger
05-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Need some opinions here. I am gettng ready to replace my older Edelbrock Torker II manifold with something new and polished (mine looks like shit from age). My question is: on a 454 BBC, single Holley 4 barrel, don't want a tunnel ram, what is the better manifold to use, the Edelbrock, or a Weiand? Thanks. -DD out

HammerDown
05-30-2002, 05:11 PM
When I did my research some year's ago...everything led me to the Weiand Stealth.
But now Edelbrock comes out with that air gap design intake...Is it just marketing B.S.? Would it make a diferance on a open engine jet boat?

77charger
05-30-2002, 05:38 PM
dont have experience with the weiend but have the edelbrock rpm on a 429 ford am happy with it so far as for the weiand i believe the performance is similar to the edelbrock rpm just another name.

hack job
05-30-2002, 05:54 PM
i would go with the weiand team G that is just my .02 good luck !
Tyson www.plumbersassracing.com (http://www.plumbersassracing.com)

kceballes
05-30-2002, 06:00 PM
I have a 454 and did a rebuild. the boat had a torker 2, but I just went out and ordered a victor jr polished from edelbrock. $349.00 in the box polished. This was probably the best thing that I have done. The runners on the torker2 were extremely small, and restrictive. The height is two inches taller and the carb flange on the victor evenly centered, the runners are much taller and longer. I'm running a 2.30 - 1.90 oval port head, with a 850 dp with the victor the throttle response and bottom end is still there with more top end all around. MY VOTE EDELBROCK.
hope this helps

squirt
05-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Hey richard reckless http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif We have about the same setup , Bahner 454 berkley. I just went through this and I bought a Victor JR. air gap and the thing looks great! I also have a Stelth but I like the Jr. because it's a single plane and is a little taller. I got mine through Summit unpolished for &203.00 in 4 days and no shipping charge. Unfortunately I chose to clear powder coat mine and it turned a dull grey.. ... Live and learn Don

DickDanger
05-31-2002, 09:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I think that I am gonna go with the polished Edelbrock performer. I appreciate the advice!!!!! -DD out

beached1
05-31-2002, 12:04 PM
DD, what kind of heads do you have? I have a Oval port performer for a BBC. Unpolished.
gerrit.costelow@attws.com

1stepcloser
05-31-2002, 02:29 PM
DD, If youre buying new, invest in the Air Gap manifold. The biggest advantage is the exhaust crossover has been eliminated, thereby reducing the plenum's temperature, increasing the density of the intake charge. I have run this intake for the past year, it made a noticable improvement in the bottom, and, more particularly, through the midrange. If this is installed in an open engine compartment, the advantages are increased in that there is airflow under the plenum, further reducing the air temp.
It looks realy cool polished also http://www.plauder-smilies.com/happy.gif
[This message has been edited by 1stepcloser (edited May 31, 2002).]