PDA

View Full Version : stringers

jimthetoolman
07-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey Oldrigger: Where there any things good about not having full stringers on a tahiti boat? All I hear is that it was the cheap way of doing things. So I quess my question is. Is this a bad thing?

Jake W
07-20-2003, 05:59 PM
I am not old rigger but yes engine lenght stringers sucks.Mine had them so when I put in a new transom I put full lenght stringers in it.It was not fun and alot of work but in the process it made the boat stronger and less likely to flex in front of the engine.
Jake :D

tahitijet
07-20-2003, 09:40 PM
I redid my transom also recently and went ahead and added full length stringers for 3 reasons i'm putting in alot more motor then what came out, it gave me a nice place to mount my new seats up front and I am blueprinting the bottom and wanted to add as much strength to the length of the boat as I could to prevent all the work being for nothing.
took alot of work and alot of beer to get it done but I think it was a worth while investment

jimthetoolman
07-20-2003, 09:54 PM
Did you take pictures? I would like to see how you did it. How much weight do you think it added? I am sure it was worth it though.

mile2885
07-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Need to do my stringers too. What kind of wood ect???

HotHallet
07-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Full Length stringers are a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Bahnerjet
07-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Full Stringers are nice (my Bahner has them) I think you can Build a Good Boat with just Motor Stringers (Sanger Jets had them) and Avenger Jets had the Stringers under the Floor where you couldn't even see them. It really depends on how the Boat was Built not Just if it has Stringers or Not.
------------
Thats BANNER with an H