PDA

View Full Version : Boat 4 sale... NEW PRICE!!!!!!!!

jester
05-22-2003, 06:55 AM
1993 20' Jet Boat Engineering (splash of a Daytona) picke fork jet boat. Very healthy BBC, new hydraulic roller cam and rockers, newly worked heads (have receipts for $1000 + just in headwork), Predator carb, new Agressor hydraulic diverter, new Bassett twisties, new performance distributor, new fuel pump and more. Matching tandem axle trailer with chrome wheels and low pro tires...lots more. Runs good, could probably benefit from some tuning. The trailer has minor rust on it (still looks good), the boat has a couple minor cracks in the original finish, some of the gauges need to be hooked up, very minor things could be touched up a bit. Overall a solid boat that needs a days worth of lovin' and a new home. $11,500, NEW PRICE IS $9000 delivery assistance possible, I'm in Minnesota. for more info and pics (I'd post pics but I don't know how).
Thanks,
Jess
[ September 24, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: jester ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-22-2003, 07:20 AM
check your PM's jester. I can post your pics if you email them to me
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-22-2003, 07:30 AM
here you go Jester. glad I could help. nice boat!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/523boattop.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/523boatengine.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/523boat2.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/523boat1.JPG

jester
05-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks Omega!

TRG
05-22-2003, 04:33 PM
if im not mistaken, thats a scorpion splash, by eliminator?

565edge
05-22-2003, 04:39 PM
It is the scorpian splash,just like advantage banshee,liberator 20.

AZKC
05-22-2003, 04:49 PM
That looks fun :cool:
KC

jester
05-23-2003, 04:51 AM
You guys are quick and correct...I meant to say splash of an Eliminator, but Daytona came out. Anyway, I REALLY need to sell this soon, any offers??????
Thanks,
Jess

Hydro-Thunder
05-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Where do you run that boat? I am at alot of lakes here and have never seen you? If I had the coin now I would love to buy it but there is a new baby in the house and $ is tight.
Jesse

jester
05-23-2003, 09:42 AM
The boat was in the water 4x last year and once briefly this year. That's the reason I'm selling it, I have no time for it and I really need the money at the moment. It's been on Lake Minnetonka (just once last 4th of July and got hasseled by the man for being too loud...how can you be too loud on the 4th of July any way?), and the rivers mostly.

jester
05-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Price negotiable, I really need to get this gone soon!!!!!!!!!!
Jess

Snorider
05-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Maybe posting some performance results would help... I already got a ride, but it seems there are 4 key questions whenever someone wants to buy a boat (in no particular order)
1.) Price
2.) Color
3.) Horsepower
4.) Top speed
You already covered the first 2...
Just tryin to help out...

jester
06-17-2003, 08:02 AM
The boat is still for sale and I need to get rid of it soon! Here is more info on it...
-MFR. Jet Boat Engineering
-Exact same hull (splash) of an Eliminator Scorpion
-light lay up, not sure of exact weight
-original finish, good shape overall, very minor stress cracks on inside of the forked part, a couple snaps pulled out for the cover
-hull is in great shape
-cover is ok, has a burnt spot in it (did not happen on boat)
-trailer in good shape very minor rust, good bearings lights etc, chrome wheels new tires, no brakes cuz it's a light boat
-berk J??, not sure of impeller specs or exact intake grate, (claimed to have pump work when I purchased it 3+ years ago) it's tight and seems great, has a droop snout and new hydraulic Agressor diverter
-motor is very healthy BBC, don't have the cam or head specs handy at the moment. new hydraulic roller cam/lifters, $1000 + in headwork last year, well worked large oval ports, edelbrock intake, predator carb, velocity stack with big K&N, new chrome bassett twisties, new distributor and fuel pump (holley red), lots new, throttle cable bracket needs attention, new bassett twisties
-set up with gate valves for water regulation
-interior is near perfect, two buckets and a rear bench
-stock gauges
-new steering cable and rack and pinion steering
-two 10 gal alum fuel tanks, one on each side in rear of boat
What it needs: When I put the new steering components in I put the rack in upside down, as it is you steer left to go right, etc. This is an easy, quick switch. Stock gauges, not all of them work. I had new gauges and sold them separate. Boat was only used a couple times last year and not at all this year, needs a good buffing and tune. Has a new batt and starts right up though. One of the gas cap latches needs to be fixed. Just needs a day or so of love to be a great boat in great shape. I have no time to do this, that's why it has to go. Boat handles great and is totally stable, I will buy another cat/picklefork again when time permits. It's never been gps'd but I've paced it against friends's boats and it runs about 70 as is. With some tuning and ride plate adjustment I'm sure it's capable of much, much more. Absolute bottom dollar on the boat is $9900, and I'm totally losing my ass on it! I need to selll it soon as it's just taking up space at the moment.
I've got more pics too.
Thanks,
Jess
[ September 24, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: jester ]

jester
07-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Doesn't anybody want a nice boat at a good price???

dgie
07-03-2003, 09:05 AM
I do not get enough unemployment checks to afford it frown

victorfb
07-03-2003, 10:05 AM
thats a great looking boat, and sounds like a great deal. im sure there has got to be someone that has the cash. my boat savings is up to $4300. cut the boat in half and ill take it. anyone got a sawzall? lol.

jester
07-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Victor, thanks for the compliment! Save faster!!! Somebody needs this boat!! Delivery assistance possible....

jester
07-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Still for sale...

jester
08-05-2003, 06:03 AM
What's a guy have to do to sell a boat???? New price is $9000 Somebody is gonna get a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This boat needs a new home!

victorfb
08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
sure wish i COULD save faster. youd be amazed what i try and live on. not sure if you read any of my other posts, but i am disabled and not working. if i was, your boat would be sittin in my driveway right now. there are alot of people with the same passion as i for nice jet boats. im sure theres got to be someone out there looking for exactly what you got.
hope this helps with the bump...keepin it at the top. :D

mud duck
08-05-2003, 11:07 AM
You could haul it down to HTP near Wichita, Duane would sell it for you. That is what I did with my 18' Taylor. Unfortunately, I miss my Taylor. My current boat is bigger, faster, and carries more stuff. But I knew every inch of my Taylor and knew what could break or usually needed attention. I am still learning this new boat.
Oh, the things we have to put up with on our toys. Nice boat you have there. I hope you are successful in selling it. However, then you will miss it. cry

jester
08-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I know somebody wants to buy this boat!!!!!!

victorfb
08-07-2003, 09:11 AM
alot of us want to buy that boat. we just dont have that much cash... :p

Bense468
08-07-2003, 04:03 PM
I like the part where you said you put the rack in wrong and you have to steer right to go left and vice versa. Thats a custom piece right there. You will never find another like it.
Why don't you switch it the right way? I know what you are talking about too because I installed the same rack steering 2 years ago.

jester
08-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Thanks Bense, perhaps I should advertise it as "totally custom" wink
Still for sale.

HOSS
08-11-2003, 08:11 AM
3500. I`ll take it. Motor ain`t nuttin` special. Stress cracks. Needs a carb or you don`t have idle circuit installed. Needs rack & pinion to be corrected(100 bucks new), gauges need to be hooked up, no mention of drive system, rusted trailer, 3500 and thats just basically for a hull with motr that all needs work.
Gauges don`t work meens you shouldn`t have taken it out. Steering rack upside down. Who burned you on ebay? 9g? Bro better stick with ebay. I could get a blower motor for that bread.

Squirtcha?
08-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Ol Hoss don't pull any punches, does he? I'd have to agree with him in principle though. In order to sell the boat for that kinda of money, all that little stuff should be fixed first. Personally, I'd never pay $9000 for something that needs work right out of the gate. You said it yourself "This is an easy, quick switch". Switch it and fix some of the other things that are wrong with it. Then maybe you'd get what you're asking for. There are plenty of turnkey boats (some even have blower motors) for the same money.

jester
08-11-2003, 09:42 AM
I agree, $9000 is a lot of money and I probably should fix the few minor things things. However, the boat sits in storage and I just don't have the time, nor does it currentlty rank at the top of my priority list. This is an honest (perhaps too honest) description of my boat. I (my opinion) think this is a fair price.
I could counter the stupid and uninformed comments made by Hoss, but there's no point in arguing with a dumbass.
This is my last post regarding my boat for sale and anyone who is interested can contact me directly via the contact info near the top of the page.
Thanks,
Jess :)
[ August 11, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: jester ]

HOSS
08-11-2003, 10:48 AM
You stated that your gauges do not work because they are not hooked up and are original. You also stated that you bought new gauges but already sold them. Why sell new gauges when originals don`t work. If original gauges aren`t hooked up, WHY? My guess is they are trashed and there are no wires or the wiring harness needs to be redone. That carb is smoked outa the box much less trashed after sitting for a few years. I`ve talked to you before. This boat has been for sale for some time and its always urgent to sell. Yet you still have it. My advice is don`t pull the ebay bs here because people are wise to it and somewhat look out for one another. Case in point peddle that bullshit elsewhere. wink

HOSS
08-11-2003, 10:54 AM
This is my last post regarding my boat for sale and anyone who is interested can contact me directly via the contact info near the top of the page.
Do you promise? If not lower the price. Substantially! Not a high priority? But its urgent you sell! Why is it that you have refused reasonable offers made by myself and others on ebay? When it was on there. Why is it always urgent to sell but yet no sale? Why don`t you hook up the original gauges or better yet install the ones you sold that were new.
And why don`t you remove that stupid ****in` velocity stack with "big K&N filter". What a ****in` idiot. Trailers rusted and hull has cracks. But these are very easy to fix. I hate ****in` ebayers! You ****in` ebayer! :mad:

jester
08-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Hoss,
I SERIOUSLY think you have me confused with some other person and boat. This boat has NEVER been on ebay (though I am thinking of putting it on there). Also, I don't believe I've ever spoken to you other than on this forum and I honestly wouldn't want to as I'm not sure I could speak slowly enough for you to understand. I've advertised it here and in the local trader only. As far as the gauges are concerned, yes they are original, the wiring is there and the water temp and oil pressure are hooked up. I had new gauges and had a good offer to sell them to a friend a while ago, so I did. As far as the "need to sell" I do need to sell it to get it out of my storage building.
Jess

HOSS
08-11-2003, 11:38 AM
jester:
You guys are quick and correct...I meant to say splash of an Eliminator, but Daytona came out. Anyway, I REALLY need to sell this soon, any offers??????
Thanks,
Jess If you say so. :D

jester
08-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Yes, it would have been nice to get it out my storage building May 23rd when I posted that.

jester
08-12-2003, 05:33 AM
"Personally I think you owe him an apology" Are you kidding me?? If you don't like the price of my boat, that's fine, don't buy it. I agree what I have into it does not determine its value. For people who have been interested (there have been a few, it's even been sold but the financing didn't work out) I have supplied much more detailed information than what I listed here...it is a beautiful boat.
As for the "newbie" comment, you may want to check registration dates on the forum, I've been around since shortly after I purchased this boat, and before Hoss. Perhaps I am a newbie in your eyes if I don't have 2000 worthless posts. I choose mostly to lurk because of people like Hoss that hide behind their computer with bold, uninformed, and inflamtory statements...I've never even talked to him before. Too often, it turns into a flame war such as this. I find it easier to pm people for infomation regarding a post or if I have something to offer them.
This forum has the opportunity to be a great place. I've received some good advice and a custom built set of tunnel ram carbs for another project some time ago. Too bad some people have to wreck it by posting crap and starting flame wars all the time.
Just for Hoss, I may give the boat a good buffing, fix the minor things and put it on ebay in the near future.
Regards,
Jess

HOSS
08-12-2003, 06:02 AM
You haven`t been here longer than me. This is my second forced screen name. Lurker? Come on bra.
I do like the hull. Really. I`d love to buy it. And yes we`ve talked before. Shows how long you`ve ben here. If you have then you would have recognized my email from the ebay encounter and known it was me. Buffing will not remove cracks! Tell you what. Why don`t you email me with some up to date pics(like more detailed) and we`ll see. I`d really like the hull. And trailer. But I would love to see the rust. I have already cut up a car trailer I had that came from Michigan. Painted trailer that rusted from the inside out. Lets see some pics,,,please. Current ones. Wanna work out a deal where as you keep the mill? Again, I like the hull. I can tell you are not mechanically inclined but what the hey,,, a sale is a sale right.
Come on Jester. Top Gun was the 80`s and all the tricks have been done. Let`s try to work out a deal! Whadda you say? wink

jester
08-12-2003, 06:26 AM
This boat has never been on ebay before under my ownership, I am positive of that!!!! I really think that you have me confused with someone else!!! I purchased the boat at auction in mid summer 2001 and have no idea of its previous history or owners, look near the bottom of this thread old thread (http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001482 )
I am not interested in splitting everything up, and I am not interested in you wasting my time, nor do I take you seriously at this point. Perhaps you need to keep better track of the people you deal with, I know I have never talked to you before and this may was my first attempt to sell my boat. I am an honest person and would have no reason to lie to you.
Jess

jester
08-12-2003, 06:28 AM
for some reson that link didn't turn out, here it is: old thread (http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001482)

HOSS
08-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Can you post up to date pics?

HOSS
08-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Figured that!

HOSS
08-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Come on bro!

HOSS
08-16-2003, 07:22 AM
FAG

Hallett19
08-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Hoss does have a point. (you are a crude mofo though,Hoss:D) If its a simple fix, take it to someone and have them do it. The only reason I would ever buy a boat that needed work is if I got it for dirt. Having even SMALL little problems is leverage for the buyer to cut you down on the price. In a way, Hoss is looking out for your best interest, right Hoss :)

superV
08-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Lets see some new pics and a new price :D

HOSS
08-23-2003, 11:08 AM
HA!

HOSS
09-17-2003, 10:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31271&item=2433247671
He`s back!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-17-2003, 10:12 AM
the left means right, right means left thing could be interesting after a few beers...... devil how hard is it to hook up guages??? :rolleyes:
Omega

HOSS
09-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Jester, the urgent ebayer. LMAO!

HOSS
09-17-2003, 01:11 PM
And he still hasn`t done those EASY fix problems.

HOSS
09-19-2003, 06:24 PM
GOING once....

1slowboat
09-19-2003, 10:46 PM
I would have to agree with hoss on this one, after seeing the e-bay deal, and its going for alot cheaper there, you do need to fix the little things and maybee post some pics of it on the water and cleaned up, i know that the hull is worth that if everything is (turn key),....then you can get everything that you want for it,..(within reason), i'm looking for a boat like that myself but unfortunatly i dont have that kind of cash laying around, one day i will find one and at a price thats right for me, but anyway fix the little things and you will get what you want out of it......
peace, travis

HOSS
09-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Going twice...

HOSS
09-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Up to 5g. Jester is looking to break it off in someone.

King Kuracz
09-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Anyone willing to pay that price sight unseen, deserves whatever they get.
You can be he wont be gettin' that 9G's he was lookin' for.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-23-2003, 03:55 AM
5,400 bucks. It didn't meet his reserve price so I guess he can try spamming several other boat sites to see if he can pawn it off. Offer him $500 and a canoe. I bet he jumps.
Omega

HOSS
09-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I bet he didn`t let it go.

jester
09-24-2003, 09:40 AM
The saga ends: As I just replied to Hoss
"Hey Hoss, thanks for sending the messages to bidders, they liked seeing other pics of the boat and more info in the forum! By the way, you have no idea how many people from the HB forum emailed me (like 5 or 6) wishing me luck on the sale and not to take what "a few bitter old asses" as one person said, seriously. Anyway, as you'll notice I ended the auction early as I made a deal with someone yesterday. They got a great boat at a great price. Happy boating.
Jess"
Thanks to those of you who emailed me, you know who you are.

HOSS
09-24-2003, 10:19 AM
No problem buckaroo!
Glad to see you were finally able to flip that ebay item. It took what,,,a year? Did you make coin off it!
Anyway, good luck on breaking it off in other ebayers.
That poor mutha****a that bought that boat. But at least he`s a happy bidder! For now.
[ September 24, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

F N Fast
09-24-2003, 10:25 AM
I feel the love here, you feel it?

RAW DEAL
09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
hey fn fast......where in az do you boat? I am looking to move the chandler or seville country club in gilbert. Wondering where i can go. I have 19 daytona with big moter dont want to get bothered by lake police for noise or speed runs.

sidewound
09-25-2003, 06:35 PM
I was interested in this boat originally but the dude wouldn't budge on price.
I was advised by a pro rigger to stay away from this hull and any other Jimmy Johnson "SPLASH"
This new guy is gonna be eatin lake all day.
Supposedly Ill handling and won't get up like the original.
Peace Man