PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Marine Stadium...?

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
i live like a mile away from the place and have no clue what's allowed in the water there....
has anyone taken their boat there? do they allow boats as loud as my jet?...speed limits? other than salt water, what else are the cons/pros?...
thanx,
Reid

MAINEVENT
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
i live like a mile away from the place and have no clue what's allowed in the water there....
has anyone taken their boat there? do they allow boats as loud as my jet?...speed limits? other than salt water, what else are the cons/pros?...
thanx,
Reid
I used to live off of bixby village dr... i know they have the circle boat racing there i believe around may... not sure if its only for that event they allow high speeds and loud boats in there...

Quality Time
03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Every time I motor past, I have seen people skiing in there.

djunkie
03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a 22 ft. limit. Not sure if they enforce noise though. And I'm almost positive there is a speed limit.

77charger
03-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I believe they are strict on noise.

Mohave Vice
03-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Last time I was there, it was 35 mph max. Direction was counter clock wise. Noise? Good luck.

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
right on, thanx...

Koz
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I use to ski in there years ago. It is counter clockwise. Wakes tend to bouce back off the rocks a bit. I had a 20' barefoot sanger at the time and got kicked out because it had to be under 20'. Don't know if thats still an issue or not.

Garrddogg
03-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Its 21 or 22 foot max, 35 mph max and counter clockwise rotation there is a lifegaurd station right there so iffin youre doin somethin wrong they WILL let you know right away!!my bayliners slip is right around the corner from there..

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 09:04 PM
anyone know if ill get rolled cuz of my headers/sound?????

Garrddogg
03-10-2006, 09:06 PM
anyone know if ill get rolled cuz of my headers/sound?????
Rolled? HELL youll prolly get BOUNCED! LOL

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Rolled? HELL youll prolly get BOUNCED! LOL
well shit...so much for a hella local place to tune my boat.

NOTALENT
03-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey focker...there is a 35mph Speed limit...22 max, but they let my 23 slide...skiers get pissed when your in there not sking or wakeboarding...as for noise...I dont think soo....go have fun biatch!!! haha...off to sachi...NOTALENT out! :crossx:

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey focker...there is a 35mph Speed limit...22 max, but they let my 23 slide...skiers get pissed when your in there not sking or wakeboarding...as for noise...I dont think soo....go have fun biatch!!! haha...off to sachi...NOTALENT out! :crossx:
haha see you monday mother father lol thanx.

Riverat84
03-10-2006, 09:45 PM
haha NOTALENT out? lol you sound like fockin secrest hahahaha!

Never Too Old
03-11-2006, 07:28 AM
It's 21' max...35 mph limit...no jet skis...no double tows...nothing posted on the sign about noise restrictions...

lilrick
03-11-2006, 07:36 AM
trust me NO LOUD BOATS.. All of the old ladies around there have the lifeguard station on speed dial! I 've been kicked out of there before.

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 07:48 AM
trust me NO LOUD BOATS.. All of the old ladies around there have the lifeguard station on speed dial! I 've been kicked out of there before.
dammit!...i was hoping not to get a thread like that haha....well if there's nothing posted, cant i fight it then?(not that it'd be worth it)

Never Too Old
03-11-2006, 08:09 AM
This isn't directed at anyone - but I've been in Marine Stadium alot and the patrol guys are very "attitude" sensitive. Especially on weekends when it gets crowded. They will thin out the crowds.
During the week there's hardly any boats in there and not much attention is paid to size, speed - as long as your not reckless.

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 09:02 AM
This isn't directed at anyone - but I've been in Marine Stadium alot and the patrol guys are very "attitude" sensitive. Especially on weekends when it gets crowded. They will thin out the crowds.
During the week there's hardly any boats in there and not much attention is paid to size, speed - as long as your not reckless.
yeah for sure i'd never go on weekends...only on a nice weekday....the only thing im worried about is the sound issue...even on a weekday when ppl are at work, im worried ill get 'bounced' lol by the lifeguards or coastguard.

bchbum
03-11-2006, 09:28 AM
The Long Beach lifeguards are very good about warning people about noise , if your an ass they will return it ( checking your boat over for problems ) .I don't think they have a meter to measure noise .
Long Beach also rents the stadium out to groups , maybe we should have a hot boat party there ? :cool:

MBlaster
03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
...then theres that whole salt water thing...

LUVNLIFE
03-11-2006, 09:50 AM
The Long Beach lifeguards are very good about warning people about noise , if your an ass they will return it ( checking your boat over for problems ) .I don't think they have a meter to measure noise .
Long Beach also rents the stadium out to groups , maybe we should have a hot boat party there ? :cool:
Not if they don't like noise :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
niiice idea! where do we have to go to propose such a thing? im down for that if anyone else is.

bchbum
03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
The marina office # for that area is (562) 570-3215 , the contact person is Kim Marie . Tell her Richard the plumber sent you . :cool:

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 12:21 PM
The marina office # for that area is (562) 570-3215 , the contact person is Kim Marie . Tell her Richard the plumber sent you . :cool:
alright i will call and ask....how about weekends is she available to talk then? or just weekdays? thanx bud.

bchbum
03-11-2006, 12:29 PM
She's only in on weekdays & hard to find then :cool:

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
She's only in on weekdays & hard to find then :cool:haha alright then thanx.

gqchris
03-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I live in Long Beach, and can assure you that the cotton tops that live on the edge of the stadium are VERY nasty when it comes to noise. Every year when the "cracker jack" boats race for ONE TIME, the letters poor in to the mayor and the newspapers about "noise problems". Also like someone brought up, even if you meet all the requirements and you arent pulling a skier or wakeboarder, the other peeps in the stadium get all pissy with you.
Good time to test the boat for a FEW laps is right before sundown on a weeknight, its pretty much empty. No one messes with ya just keep an eye on the lifeguard station and see if the boat is moored. But I cant say I would drop my jet in the salt water. Thats one heck of a clean up job and the polishing would be all weekend.

Riverat84
03-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I live in Long Beach, and can assure you that the cotton tops that live on the edge of the stadium are VERY nasty when it comes to noise. Every year when the "cracker jack" boats race for ONE TIME, the letters poor in to the mayor and the newspapers about "noise problems". Also like someone brought up, even if you meet all the requirements and you arent pulling a skier or wakeboarder, the other peeps in the stadium get all pissy with you.
Good time to test the boat for a FEW laps is right before sundown on a weeknight, its pretty much empty. No one messes with ya just keep an eye on the lifeguard station and see if the boat is moored. But I cant say I would drop my jet in the salt water. Thats one heck of a clean up job and the polishing would be all weekend.
yeah i understand....godamn old ladies, they just need to start liking it lol

502schiada
03-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Its a 21' limit, must have mufflers, and reverse, counterclockwise, 35 mph, and no cutting the course! They got me last year testing my 22' for cutting the course and said the boat was too big. Watch out, they are d!cks.