PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Ex-Race Boat

cyclone
08-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Has anyone ever seen an old K-boat named "wet and wild"? Its a 1976 Rogers 19' Bonneville. the guy selling it told me that it was a race boat that he turned into a lake rod. I'm curious as to wether or not it really was a racer. thanks!

superdave013
08-19-2002, 04:10 AM
That does not sound like a K boat hull. Maybe a CJ but not a K. K boats are blown alki flat bottoms.

disco_charger
08-19-2002, 05:52 AM
I agree with Superdave. I saw a lot of the circle races in the 70's and 80's. The Rogers ruled the SJ and CJ circle racing class. K boats tended to be flat bottoms. Lots of Beismeyers and the like. Don't get me wrong Cyclone and you would know better than most of us, that Rogers can scream (even with a paper clip spring wink and a BB Olds)
Disco

cyclone
08-19-2002, 08:59 AM
lol. ok then maybe this guy isn't for real. I was just going off what he told me but I figured i'd ask the wise people here on the boards.
its all about a paper clip and and an olds!

caution 2
08-19-2002, 09:56 AM
Back in the old days the blown circle jets were called KJ, that is maybe what he ment , I don't recall the name,

flat broke
08-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Mike,
Call Jack at MPD 949-631-2040. He ran the roundy rounds for a while and might have an idea about the boat. If you've got a pic, you might email it to him. Good luck getting info etc. If you go to check out the boat again, give me a ring, maybe I can tag along and pretend I know what the hell I'm talking about wink
Talk to you later,
Chris

cyclone
08-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Jim- he did mention that boat ran a blower motor at one time so you're probably right.
Chris- He's asking more that I'm willing to spend but I'll let you know if i go out to see the boat again. By the way, thanks for the parts. Randy and I are going to try them out this weekend at Elsinore. You want to come out?

flat broke
08-19-2002, 09:05 PM
Mike,
I could probably come out to play on Sunday, but Saturday, Em's got us signed up for some socializing with them there teacher folk at some party in the LBC. Personally, I'd test the whole setup in the driveway before I headed out to Elsinore, but that's just me. If you have it working good at home, then spend the extra $14 to run in the green stuff.
Good luck with it if I can't get out there with you guys, and let me know how it works out.
Talk to you later,
Chris

cyclone
08-20-2002, 08:11 AM
Chris- did you get my email with Julie's address?

flat broke
08-20-2002, 08:51 AM
cyclone:
Chris- did you get my email with Julie's address?Sure did,
Em's getting all the paperwork together to mail her. From the sound of things it doesn't look like it would be a problem for her to do the sub thing at all. She should also probably apply at a couple of other districts so that she'll have a greater opportunity at getting some work. Em doesn't have any in's at the other districts, but it wouldn't be anything more than filling out some forms and getting livescanned (optical fingerprinting and background checked). Odds are the livescan from any of the disctricts would carry over into the others.
Talk to you later,
Chris

cyclone
08-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Cool. thanks alot bro. that's great news!