PDA

View Full Version : Progress report #2

cyclone
08-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Saturday evening at Big River i ran 94.4 mph in my boat... :D

Hustler
08-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Now all you need is a little blue bottle :D :D Good job Mike, By the way are you still heading over this afternoon?

flat broke
08-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Right on Mike!!!
Sunday evening at Elsinore we were cruising around 35 in mine. :D :p :D
Chris

Jordy
08-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Was that on Westech's GPS??? (Sorry, couldn't pass that one up, and wanted to be the first to say it). :D :D :D

HotHallet
08-04-2003, 08:07 AM
That's Rad! The Hundo mark is approaching! 94.4 I have to go for a ride!

cyclone
08-04-2003, 08:14 AM
hustler- for sure. gimme a call so i can get directions.
jordy- i was waiting for that.
flat broke- so is she all good for this weekend?
hot hallet- i am getting C-L-O-S-E.

Jordy
08-04-2003, 08:19 AM
cyclone:
jordy- i was waiting for that. I know what happened:
You were running 70 mph (pretty fast for a jet right?) and then you threw the GPS unit forward as you were under power. Anyone can throw a 24.4 mph pitch... hence the 94.4. Perhaps if you try a little harder you can throw it 30 mph and hit that magic hundy mark... :D :D :D
Just had to throw out that conspiracy theory. :D :D :D
Jordy

Jordy
08-04-2003, 08:20 AM
It's like that theory that nothing travels faster than the speed of light, so what happens if you're in a school bus traveling at the speed of light and you walk from the back of the bus to the front of the bus? :D
If you turn the headlights on, does anything happen? :D :D :D

cyclone
08-04-2003, 08:22 AM
actually. i was driving in reverse and threw the gps over my shoulder for good luck. :D

flat broke
08-04-2003, 08:23 AM
The boat will be in operation for the weekend. I'm trying to steal a day away from work this week to spend some serious time on the pond with the jet kit to see if I can't get the tank running at her best by the time we pull out Friday morning. I've got a couple ideas I want to try out and hopefully have this pig runing as strong or stronger than she did with the turbos.
As for you, be safe when you're out there. We love hearing about the numbers, but we'd much rather have you around to b.s. with for the long haul.
Chris

hack job
08-04-2003, 08:28 AM
mike sounds like you are getting there . that is sweet.
mine almost made it to elsinore yesterday after thrashing all weekend i had it complete and the starter to a shit! now i have to get it fixed then ill take it out on wed.
[ August 04, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: hack job ]

cyclone
08-04-2003, 08:32 AM
thanks. Im really looking forward to hangin' out with you guys this weekend and seeing your boats. i want rides!

victorfb
08-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Damn Mike..... 94.4mph ..... WoooHoooo!!!!!
thats awsome man. if the triple digits is what your after, im sure your gunna hit it. :D
sure wish i could have seen that... 94.4 mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Hal
08-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Good job Mike, Was that with the current or going up River? It can make a pretty good difference in speed in the late afternoon and evening when they are releasing the max amount of water at the dam. Maybe a 2 way average would work?
By the way what have you guys been doing at Big River these last couple of trips? :D
Gay Paradise at Big River (http://members.tripod.com/~Tetworld/gayindex.html)
[ August 04, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

cyclone
08-04-2003, 09:46 AM
thanks vic-
hal-
lol. now that's funny stuff!
running up river with full tanks of gas and a cooler in the morning i went 93mph and downriver in the afternoon with no cooler and 1/2 tanks of gas i went 94.4
it was pretty hot out too, over 100 degrees.

victorfb
08-04-2003, 09:52 AM
now hows that for an average. :D way cool mike.. and dont worry, im sure someone will say "yea, but they switch water flow direction, you were going down river both times"

superdave013
08-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Hal:
Good job Mike, Was that with the current or going up River? It can make a pretty good difference in speed in the late afternoon and evening when they are releasing the max amount of water at the dam. Maybe a 2 way average would work?
By the way what have you guys been doing at Big River these last couple of trips? :D
Gay Paradise at Big River (http://members.tripod.com/~Tetworld/gayindex.html) and just how did you find this site?? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Hal
08-04-2003, 10:37 AM
I put up a search for Big River,CA on aol and thats one of the sites that popped up. Why, is it supposed a secret? Don't tell Boozer about it. :D
AOL seach (http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?query=big+river%2Cca&page=2)
[ August 04, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

Danhercules
08-04-2003, 11:19 AM
flat broke:
Right on Mike!!!
Chris I was there from 10 to 2. I did not see anyone!! cry I had lots of beer to give out!!!

XClutchboy725
08-04-2003, 11:25 AM
cyclone:
Saturday evening at Big River i ran 94.4 mph in my boat... :D nice Pull!!

Danhercules
08-04-2003, 11:26 AM
cyclone:
Saturday evening at Big River i ran 94.4 mph in my boat... :D Remember I said I will run you if you keep it at 4k? well, I have been thinking, better make it 3500RPM!!!!! :D

roostwear
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
flat broke:
Right on Mike!!!
Chris Damn, I was hoping I would be faster than SOMEONE, now it looks like I have to go deeper into denial. Let's see, why can't I go fast.....
1) It's a Rogers hull
2) My tach is off
3) My ride plate is too low
4) Haven't tried out the diverter yet
Hmmmm, ain't workin'..............

miller19j
08-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the Gay Pages/Site for Big River, CA and Parker, AZ--sister communities on the Gay Riviera at the Colorado River! HmmmmmmÂ…Â…..I keep reading posts about you and Randy going to the river together. Is there something that you want to tell us???? :D

565edge
08-04-2003, 03:09 PM
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do?If i get pushrods in on time you guys will get to meet the miller killer at the avi,my fingers are crossed.

miller19j
08-04-2003, 03:15 PM
565edge:
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do?If i get pushrods in on time you guys will get to meet the miller killer at the avi,my fingers are crossed. You got something against Millers????? :confused:

565edge
08-04-2003, 03:28 PM
miller19j:
565edge:
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do?If i get pushrods in on time you guys will get to meet the miller killer at the avi,my fingers are crossed. You got something against Millers????? :confused: Actually YES!Your boat looks pretty nice,I live in santa maria and you know miller boats is out of santa maria,There is a group of guys at oak shores that all have millers and think there boats are baddest boat anywhere,we use to have saturday night races in front of oak shores with all those guys,they wouldnt race us until we would talk so much shit to them they would start foaming at the mouth,all we heard was how there boat back in the day with this 396 chevy single carb went 105 and broke all these records at ming,they finally raced a couple guys in our group and got spanked real bad,No matter how bad they got spanked they still kept talking,so i finally went overboard and took a vow to smoke every miller made and hince the name miller killer,thats pretty much the reason i built this boat.It pisses me off now becuase they still talk shit but wont run me,My parents sold our house in oak shores but my roomate's brother just bought property there so were headed back.One of the guys had g.s. marine set his boat up this year and built a blower motor,They think there is no way in hell my little tunnelram motor is going to spank em,we'll see.

Heatseeker
08-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Way to go Cyclone! I'm getting more and more impatient waiting to get back to my Roger's Bonny.
I hope when it's done, it looks and runs half as good as yours!

bp
08-04-2003, 03:57 PM
565edge:
miller19j:
565edge:
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do?If i get pushrods in on time you guys will get to meet the miller killer at the avi,my fingers are crossed. You got something against Millers????? :confused: Actually YES!Your boat looks pretty nice,I live in santa maria and you know miller boats is out of santa maria,There is a group of guys at oak shores that all have millers and think there boats are baddest boat anywhere,we use to have saturday night races in front of oak shores with all those guys,they wouldnt race us until we would talk so much shit to them they would start foaming at the mouth,all we heard was how there boat back in the day with this 396 chevy single carb went 105 and broke all these records at ming,they finally raced a couple guys in our group and got spanked real bad,No matter how bad they got spanked they still kept talking,so i finally went overboard and took a vow to smoke every miller made and hince the name miller killer,thats pretty much the reason i built this boat.It pisses me off now becuase they still talk shit but wont run me,My parents sold our house in oak shores but my roomate's brother just bought property there so were headed back.One of the guys had g.s. marine set his boat up this year and built a blower motor,They think there is no way in hell my little tunnelram motor is going to spank em,we'll see. i don't know about the baddest anywhere, but many decades ago, millers did pretty well at ming. millers have always been high quality and, ya hafta admit, their woodwork is real artistry.

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 04:04 PM
RiverDave:
Hal:
Gay Paradise at Big River (http://members.tripod.com/~Tetworld/gayindex.html) You have got to be ****ing kidding me...
Don't get me wrong I'm all for spur of the moment lesbian action at the sandbar.. but Butch dykes and fags?
RD That' right big river has nothing but dykes, fags and large crowds of pwc, so everyone should just stay away...lol

cyclone
08-04-2003, 04:14 PM
funny i never noticed them.... :(
but then again, every time i turn around, Mark is standing behind me offering some drink called 99 bananas! hmmmm... :D

PipesClean
08-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Hal:
Gay Paradise at Big River (http://members.tripod.com/~Tetworld/gayindex.html) Damn. jawdrop
I'm going to start tying my shorts in a knot!
Mark, I'm going to need you to stay an elbows length away from me from now on. :D
[ August 04, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: PipesClean ]

djdtpr
08-04-2003, 04:26 PM
So this is what really happend to Mike on sat night he really didnt have a headache.Hey it was cool meeting you guys this last weekend.

cyclone
08-04-2003, 04:39 PM
ok mark, you can come out now. your secret is no longer safe! :D
im not the catcher!

cyclone
08-04-2003, 05:02 PM
how the hell did this thread get hijacked and turned gay???
Hal!@!! :D

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 05:45 PM
cyclone:
but then again, every time i turn around, Mark is standing behind me offering some drink called 99 bananas! hmmmm... :D Boy, As I remember it was you and randy demanding the 99 bannas and you were more than willing to drive back for it. But lets see how was this weekend again
Mark and Corrine
Randy and Windy
Mike and the twins
Do I have it right?

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 05:49 PM
PipesClean:
Hal:
Gay Paradise at Big River (http://members.tripod.com/~Tetworld/gayindex.html) Damn. jawdrop
I'm going to start my shorts in a knot!
Mark, I'm going to need you to stay an elbows length away from me from now on. :D Yeh, you want me to stay arm length away, but it was ok for Jay to put sun tan oil (as least thats what you guys were calling it) all over you back..
And lets see
Rob and ? You still havent showed up with a girl yet.

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 05:53 PM
djdplacecraft:
So this is what really happend to Mike on sat night he really didnt have a headache.Hey it was cool meeting you guys this last weekend. Bill, it was great meeting you sat night and thats again for the drink. Dont remember much of the night, but I think you said your going to CBBB right?
See you then...

Bense468
08-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Mike Nice numbers. Thats bitchen.
Wrightnow if you were talking to DJDplacecraft. His name is Danny. When are you going to sell me your boat damnit. I think its time for a cruiser. wink wink wink
Had to throw in the winks since this is a gay thread and all.
[ August 04, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Boater Bill
08-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Great numbers, but I think you are still sandbaggin' :D
C ya Friday. :cool:

victorfb
08-04-2003, 07:53 PM
i am almost affraid to post here now... well, i keep looking behind me and all around, so i guess its safe.
ok, if mike is "sand baggin" we are all in for a treat when he really cuts loose. Cmon people.. 94.4 on gps? that used to be unheard of with a normally asperated big block. and no little blue bottle too boot. damn fine run mike! :D wish i could have seen it. i say you go for the triple digits at avi.

Danhercules
08-04-2003, 07:54 PM
cyclone:
how the hell did this thread get hijacked and turned gay???
Hal!@!! :D Cause your in it!!!!! devil

Danhercules
08-04-2003, 08:01 PM
cyclone:
but then again, every time i turn around, Mark is standing behind me offering some drink called 99 bananas! hmmmm... :D Are theres the bananas your takin about? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/467dancin_banana.gif

djdtpr
08-04-2003, 08:29 PM
wrightnow:
djdplacecraft:
So this is what really happend to Mike on sat night he really didnt have a headache.Hey it was cool meeting you guys this last weekend. Bill, it was great meeting you sat night and thats again for the drink. Dont remember much of the night, but I think you said your going to CBBB right?
See you then... Ya we are going down on friday night.Shit maybe i should refrase that without saying going down we dont want to get Mike excited.No prob for the brew Mark.Maybe Randy can use a bigger maxi-pad and stay up a little later this weekend.
:rolleyes:

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Bense468:
Mike Nice numbers. Thats bitchen.
Wrightnow if you were talking to DJDplacecraft. His name is Danny. When are you going to sell me your boat damnit. I think its time for a cruiser. wink wink wink
Had to throw in the winks since this is a gay thread and all. Yeh, I was talking about DJDplacecraft, I thought his name was bill, but I wasn't sure about alot from Sat night, being without a boat and drinking most of the day.
As far selling it, dont talk to the wife she would see it in a heart beat... even more so with the motor being down.

djdtpr
08-04-2003, 08:34 PM
But lets see how was this weekend again
Mark and Corrine
Randy and Windy
Mike and the twins
Do I have it right? [/QB][/QUOTE]
so thats why the twins wanted to go so bad!So who ended up dancing on the bow of the eliminator on sat Darin or Dan or all three?
[ August 04, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: djdplacecraft ]

cyclone
08-04-2003, 08:39 PM
all i know is that i wasnt the one jumping up and down on the bow of the eliminator-drunk...i also wasn't trying to waterskii in the dark-drunk.....hmmm. who were these people????

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 08:42 PM
cyclone:
all i know is that i wasnt the one jumping up and down on the bow of the eliminator-drunk...i also wasn't trying to waterskii in the dark-drunk.....hmmm. who were these people???? Does anyone have pic's?????

cyclone
08-04-2003, 08:42 PM
boats that leak gas when you lean on them=gay!
dan-o did you fix that yet?

djdtpr
08-04-2003, 08:44 PM
cyclone:
all i know is that i wasnt the one jumping up and down on the bow of the eliminator-drunk...i also wasn't trying to waterskii in the dark-drunk.....hmmm. who were these people???? No way were they i cant believe it!Those two were funny as hell they argued constantly.pretty cool though.

victorfb
08-04-2003, 08:49 PM
3 cases of silvers (maybe more if needed), one beer bong, a 75' rope, and at the stroke of midnight (ok 9:30PM) we shore start. WHO'S IN ?
and no you cant be the observer, i allready got that job. :D

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 09:09 PM
cyclone:
Saturday evening at Big River i ran 94.4 mph in my boat... :D Was this the 94.4 mph run...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1370Dsc02725_2.jpg

wrightnow
08-04-2003, 09:30 PM
How about this, The girl on the right is the owner of the CP, her dad didn't think it was safe for here to have a jet ski so he purchase this for here, she's only 17 year old..
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1370Dsc02708_2.jpg

HBjet
08-04-2003, 09:44 PM
djdplacecraft:
Maybe Randy can use a bigger maxi-pad and stay up a little later this weekend.
:rolleyes: Hey man, I was the drunk one trying to water ski at 8:45pm saturday night and I know I could have gotten up on the second try, but Phils boat sucked up the roap. All I really remember is I was in a boat, then I was being pulled by one, and then I was just floating to the launch ramp holding onto one in the water, then I was cooking hamburgers for everyone, and then I was in a bar with DJD looking at me probably thinking..... This is HBjet?
haha! It was cool to meet you and we will party it up this weekend!
Oh, and the 17 yo with the CP! Very cool, so was her dad (Mark, his name was Bill)
HBjet

Windy
08-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Bill and Sandra...cant thank you enough for letting us freaks use your riverpad :D

MikeF
08-05-2003, 05:19 AM
cyclone:
Saturday evening at Big River i ran 94.4 mph in my boat... :D Why don't you make my job a little tougher :rolleyes: :D .
That's pretty good for that air up there! Have you been adjusting anything on the pump to run or increase your #'s? What was your rpm (might not have been looking :p )?
Bitchen! :D

Big Proppa
08-05-2003, 05:53 AM
It's all good Windy, glad you guys had a fun trip.

wrightnow
08-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Big Proppa:
It's all good Windy, glad you guys had a fun trip. Well I guess I'm on the shore (boatless) with you now...this is not what I wanted.
Mark

Danhercules
08-05-2003, 07:17 AM
This topic is about cyclones gps #'s. Whats all this waterskiing stuff. Are trying to tell me that you guys were waterskiing behind cyclone at 94MPH?!?!?!?! You guys got balls, (or just really drunk!!!) :D :D :D

HBjet
08-05-2003, 01:32 PM
RiverDave:
I guess nobody appreciates my humour anymore.. :D
RD Aren't you the one running about 80+mph in Havasu Barney's tunnel with one hand on the wheel and the other holding a beer while looking over your shoulder for the picture? Safety First!
Besides, jet's boats are slow.
HBjet :D

djdtpr
08-05-2003, 03:57 PM
HB we will look you guys up and definatly party it up this weekend,And maybe if Mike doesnt have to bad of a headache he can party a little too!I allready know Mark is in.

djdtpr
08-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey Mark where are the pics of the river crossing rice road?

565edge
08-05-2003, 04:48 PM
565edge:
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do? ????So what it run with the changes hbjet?

HBjet
08-05-2003, 05:03 PM
565edge:
565edge:
You got to be stoked cyclone,thats moving pretty good,What hbjets do? ????So what it run with the changes hbjet? Well, for some reason my carbs decided to no work for me this last weekend. we test fired the motor thursday after everything was hooked up and we used new gas, and everything was fine. My carbs where always running just a little fat, and Dave has been getting on me to pick a day to go lake test the motor and dial everything in. So anyways, the motor didn't like what the carbs where doing and Wrightnow, Cyclone, and myself aren't carb experts so after 45 minutes of messing with them, we trailered the boat and I just hopped in Cyclones to ride to up Party Cove, where I consumed more then my usual amount of beer, therefore I thought water skiing at 8:45pm would be a fun thing to do. I did get the boat up to about 50 mph and it rode really smooth and felt a lot looser on the water. Yesterday I had the boat at DNE and he checked over everything and fixed what we messed with, but still doesn't understand why it would have ran so differently without changing anything. So, we are going to lake test it tomorrow (like I was suppose to do a long time ago)
HBjet

Give Me Some Slack
08-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Who was dancing on the bow of the eliminator? I was there and didn't see that, but then again I was pretty drunk! And also who was arguing?

BrendellaJet
08-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Cyclone, you had your headers ceramic coated didn't you? It appears that they have changed colors...I thought they weren't supposed to do that...What gives?(not trying to bash, I just dont want to pay to have mine done if they aren't going to stay pretty like Jet Hot says they will...)

Bense468
08-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Did it ever backfire Randy?

wrightnow
08-05-2003, 11:35 PM
djdplacecraft:
Hey Mark where are the pics of the river crossing rice road? I posted the pic on hot spots west
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=002114

cyclone
08-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Brendella- i dont run water through the headers so they got dull. As long as you have a small amount of water running in the exhaust then they wont change colors. Check out HB's boat his look brand new still.