PDA

View Full Version : will I loose top end w/droop snoot

ryantparks
05-04-2003, 10:08 AM
21' Ultra stealth and someone said I would loose top end it put one on does anyone have experience w/one? I basically want a bigger roost and am considering a pump wedge or droop. The boat has a 502 carbed motor. Thanks, Ryan

Jim Brock
05-04-2003, 11:18 AM
I have a rooster booster for sale, Jim Brock (818)890-1867

woodster
05-04-2003, 02:41 PM
I have a 22 stealth with the same motor. I put on a droop and stayed the same for mph but I have a huge roost now. Also seems to be a little better for wakeboarding. Gives a little deeper wake . Id try it out. Worst case u could sell it if it dosent work on your boat.

ryantparks
05-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Woodster, drop me an e-mail so I can talk to you a little bit more about our boats.
Thanks, Ryan

Banshee
05-05-2003, 04:43 AM
RP,
I would expect a bigger top end from adding a droop. Do you have a Place Diverter on your boat now? That would be my first priority if you don’t. Also you should have a ride plate if you’re going to use a droop. Good Luck!!

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 08:56 PM
I don't know if you'll add a lot of top end but I'd definitelt recommend it for 3 reasons.
1.Big roost.My stock 330hp engine put water on the side of the Laughlin bridge.
2.Available with a trick optional ride plate that bolts directly onto the snoot.
3.Your boat will ride better because even though the thust point is lower and further back the droop has 8 degrees of wedge(up)at the point where the nozzle bolts on.You will reduce the wetted surface of your boat significantly but gain a slight amount of bowrise getting on plane.If I had one more recommendation I'd get the stainless fluid lines from Place too.They have custom made lengths for the droop and come with AN fittings for the transom and ram.Look bitchin and never leak,crack or pop off like the plastic ones do after years.