PDA

View Full Version : Dual gas tanks

Roostertail
04-30-2003, 12:37 PM
I have dual gas tanks that are plumbed together. There is a T at the fuel pump. The problem is that it drains one tank before the other and sucks air when running flat out. I have made sure that both lines from the tank are the same length and that there are no restrictions. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Terry

sleekster
04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
i have dual tanks on my 1979 sleekcraft and it has a electric valve to switch between tanks, also each tank has it's own float so one gauge reads either tank it is a cool ste up, they also make a manual 3-way valve.

sleekster
04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
i have dual tanks on my 1979 sleekcraft and it has a electric valve to switch between tanks, also each tank has it's own float so one gauge reads either tank it is a cool ste up, they also make a manual 3-way valve.

HalletDave
04-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Rooster,
I have dual 22gal tanks in my '77 Hallett. They are connected with a T, no valve. They both drain
at an equal rate. In fact they both run out of gas at the same time. :D Obstruction in a fuel line or kinked fuel line. Could tank venting have an effect on equal fuel flow? Let us know what you find. I don't want this type of situation occurring in my boat.

Charger455
04-30-2003, 01:54 PM
I recently had a problem with my pump running dry at full throttle. I found that the L fitting that hooked up to the tank pick-up had a check valve that had crap, rust and varnish that was restricting flow. Disconnect the hose unscreww the fitting and check it out

hboldno7
04-30-2003, 02:01 PM
sounds like a venting problem