PDA

View Full Version : Dominator Pump

Johnnyspeedracer
11-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Found a good deal on a dominator pump. Rebuilt with A-B impeller and inducer. It has american turbine bowl. Not sure about dominator. I have a berkely jg right now. Is the dominator worth it, or should i rebuild my own. Johnny

Unchained
11-20-2002, 04:22 AM
I like the dominator pumps. They have a stepped wear ring and a step built into the back of the impeller that lines up with the bowl to keep water turbulance out from behind the impeller. They also have a water lubed rear bearing which requires no maintenance. Other than that their real similar to the Berkeley.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-20-2002, 07:02 AM
Will a dominator fit onto a berk suction? My buddy needs a pump bad and we were curious.

pops1
11-20-2002, 08:14 AM
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
Will a dominator fit onto a berk suction? My buddy needs a pump bad and we were curious.
396Yes it will fit & line up-Dave Aggressor

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-20-2002, 05:34 PM
pops1:
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
396Yes it will fit & line up-Dave AggressorThanks Dave,396

jacuzer
11-21-2002, 11:20 PM
While the Dominator is a good pump, you are most likely better off blueprinting your Berkeley.
Unless your Berk is blown up and unusable (even blown up they can usually be repaired), it is worth the rebuild. Most of the aluminium parts are hard anodized, the shaft tail is chromed for better wear, the bowl has a shaft seal to keep the sand out, and the older style Dominator wear rings are being phased out, so if ever needed, you would have a little harder time getting the one you want. (A replacement is available)
Also, you have a chance that the Dominator was not rebuilt correctly = problems.
Kevin

77charger
11-24-2002, 09:32 PM
i had an AT energizer kit that used the old style dominator ring i had jack at mpd bore it out to the berklry size and also added the berk type seal to my bowl(had to machine the bowl to adapt it)The advantage of the berk seal was that it let alot less silt and dirt to the bearing