PDA

View Full Version : Place diverter Ques.

stonehedge
06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
I had some "issues" with my diverter sticking over Mem. weekend, and I noticed a little gasket/condome thingy stick'in out? It seemed to bind? So I pulled the place div. off of the droop snoop and there was a "double-gasket" inside the diverter? I found a new one at Rex and also bought new "pin-gaskets" (sorry if the terms are incorrect)replaced and cleaned everything up, now its fine. But is this common? Or do I need to maintain this gasket? It seemed really flattened out and not sure what caused it? Maybe just a fact of owning a jet? Any info would be great, thanks.

stonehedge
06-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Almost forgot, I add a tiny bite of oil to the pump during the season, is this normal and should I be flushing the oil every season or not? And were is the "drain" plug for the pump, if so? Hope these questions are not to elemetary. I pull the two "add" plugs and put in oil until it comes out the other hole, without pressure(by hand), and then cap'um, it doesn't take much all year, but wondering if it needs to be changed?

Snorider
06-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Hah, if you are only using that little bit of oil all year, feel happy!
I can leave my boat in the water for a weekend, and when i pull my oil fill holes, about 10ounces of lake water comes out - every weekend :p
I found a solution to my problem though.. I called duane @ htp, ordered an aggressor 9-vein bowl, snoot, aggressor diverter, 2 wedges, impeller, shaft, pump rebuild kit, shoe, ride-plate, top-loader, and i think that was about it - all my goodies should be here by the 15th, cant wait to get out there and play :D
[ June 02, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Snorider ]

stonehedge
06-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Never had any milk shake, but should I be flushing or draining it? And if so where is the drain plug?

miller19j
06-03-2003, 08:56 AM
I know absolutely nothing about this and probably should not comment but,
I would think that there is no need to change the fluid. As long as itÂ’s full and clean it should work properly. Now if it gets dirty or has water in it I would change it. Otherwise keep it full and have a good summer!