PDA

View Full Version : Where's the cheapest place to buy a Place...

JetBoatN
01-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Diverter? I still have awhile before winter ends but would like to install a hydraulic place diverter on my Glastron (12JE) in the spring. CP Performance sells a complete kit for @ $700.00. Is this a fair price? Can you buy a complete kit for a cheaper price elsewhere? Thanks for your help!

mcshriver
01-14-2003, 10:21 AM
That's Where I bought mine, But I thought it was cheaper then, I think a little over 600.00, but that was a few years ago. I know CP is cheaper than direct from place, Get the trim indicator kit also, (very handy)

JetBoatN
01-14-2003, 10:27 AM
mcshriver:
That's Where I bought mine, But I thought it was cheaper then, I think a little over 600.00, but that was a few years ago. I know CP is cheaper than direct from place, Get the trim indicator kit also, (very handy) Thanks for the reply. Did you install the kit yourself?

Froggystyle
01-14-2003, 10:32 AM
CP is cheaper, but for my money I would choose Rex for the service and committment to the sport. Talk to Mike, tell him you are on the forums, and see what he can cut you off a piece for.
As I said on the blower post... customer service goes a long way with me, and I have NEVER been let down by Rex.
Squirts up!
Wes

ChetCapoli
01-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey jetboatn,
Give ted a call at C.B.M. in syracuse, (877) JET PUMP, he'll take care of ya.
CHET

GlastronGuy
01-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Since your in CA I'd try Walt at Walt's Hot Boats. I think he was around $625.
[ January 14, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

Cole
01-14-2003, 02:45 PM
I not real familiar with pumps...but i have a place diverter with the manual shifter..it is for the jacuzzi pump though,i dont know if that helps you out at all :confused: let me know Cole

propless
01-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Purchased mine hydraulic PD from "jetboatperformance.com", talk to Tom or Rhonda. Service a year after the sale continues to be exceptional (I buy most all of my boat needs through them because of their exceptional service) - need I say more and I'm an out-of-state buyer!

Unchained
01-15-2003, 04:30 AM
Hi-Tech Performance has some good pricing on Place Diverters.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Parts.HTM

76 Sleekcraft
01-15-2003, 04:33 AM
I agree with "Unchained".
I just got mine yesterday. Although mine is a manual set up, he has both.

BrendellaJet
01-15-2003, 05:31 AM
Im getting my diverter for $250 bucks! Its a knock off though, not sure if they were made legally or not. The $250 is for a brand new unit, but does not include the control cable or the handle. If people are interested, I will let the guy know and see if he is interested. If so I will post his contact info for all to use.

diggler
01-15-2003, 08:18 AM
BrendellaJet:
Im getting my diverter for $250 bucks! Its a knock off though, not sure if they were made legally or not. The $250 is for a brand new unit, but does not include the control cable or the handle. If people are interested, I will let the guy know and see if he is interested. If so I will post his contact info for all to use. I just sent you a PM. Thanks!

mcshriver
01-15-2003, 12:43 PM
I think everyone has their favorite place for parts, Froggystyle likes REX but I on the other hand had bad experiences with customer support at rex and Scott Price at CP (co-owner) has helped me immensly, Still does not matter where you buy it because places directions are very thorough, I highly advise the guage kit and steering wheel switch (be sure to get the diode kit also if you opt for the steering wheel switch because the switch contacts cannot handle the back EMF and will arc, shortening the life of the switch)

mcshriver
01-15-2003, 12:45 PM
I also think regardless of what company you deal with, talking to an owner always helps for obvious reasons.