PDA

View Full Version : H2O Level at Blythe

clownpuncher
06-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Looking to go out on Friday, if the water level is good. I know Thrusdays are typically low. I live 1 1/2 hours away and this will be the first trip in two years. WTF is that? BTW, I posted in Jets cause I know not too many of the Rodney-Dangerfield-boat guys go to Blythe.

Bense468
06-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I am pretty sure Friday is the low day there clown. Last year all the fridays were really Low.

clownpuncher
06-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Sumbitch! Thanks Bense. Tuesday it is then

Cs19
06-12-2003, 04:09 PM
you will be fine, just watch it in the afternoon , you just may be limited to where you can go. we get a print out each month in the mail on how much water is being released daily. memorial was really high, ill try and find out what its going to be like this weekend for you. just watch where you are going on thurs. and frday just stay close to the resorts, it seems to be deeper there. good luck.

HARDIN18
06-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Go down to McIntire. I havn't been down below McIntire to many time's but I know the water between the I-10 bridge and McIntire is pretty deep and the sand bars that are there are easy to read.

clownpuncher
06-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks fellas. I usually go out of McIntire or mayflower and I remember it gets pretty low even though my boat is only 18. I guess a low day is better than none, just gotta watch more

djdtpr
06-12-2003, 04:59 PM
We have been down there every weekend for the last month or so and saturdays have been pretty low but sundays have been way high.Last friday the water was up pretty good though.
Bense where in the hell have u been we have already had a couple midnight floats from the damn to camp.I am going to hook up with chris this weekend up at parker.Iguess there is some kind or v drive regatta at my dads place in big river so i guess we will hang out at his restraunt and bar.Call me i need a 502 block i scattered the motor in my boat on memorial weekend.

HARDIN18
06-12-2003, 05:46 PM
dj
Were you the one that blew your engine @ Mayflower on Memorial?

Bense468
06-12-2003, 07:22 PM
djdplacecraft:
We have been down there every weekend for the last month or so and saturdays have been pretty low but sundays have been way high.Last friday the water was up pretty good though.
Bense where in the hell have u been we have already had a couple midnight floats from the damn to camp.I am going to hook up with chris this weekend up at parker.Iguess there is some kind or v drive regatta at my dads place in big river so i guess we will hang out at his restraunt and bar.Call me i need a 502 block i scattered the motor in my boat on memorial weekend. Where I have I been where have you been? I sent you a few e-mails and got no returns. Yeah I heard about you scattering the block. Did you throw a rod or hydraulic the motor? I heard everything is all ****ed up. Saw chris about an hour ago gave him a timing light. He was on his way out there. Yes there is AL's deal up there this weekend. I was supposed to be going to Camp Far West this weekend for the SO cal vs Nor cal thing but WilderthanU sold me out. LOL. I have to get out there again. I will tell you a little more about my plans later. Give me a call.

djdtpr
06-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Ya on sat morning it took a hugh crap. burningm

HARDIN18
06-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Whats up? I was the guy who won the drinking bet with my bro and got to drive his boat all weekend.

djdtpr
06-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey whats up we saw u guys the next weekend down by the bridge at riviera.I was with a buddy of mine in a blue and white stoker.When are u guys going back?We are all getting together for the forth down there.It will be pretty much the same crowd and a few that couldnt make it over memorial.

beached 1
06-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Was at Mayflower yesterday and water was up and looking nice. Friday usually is the lowest day too.

Bense468
06-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Whats up Beached? FIRE

djdtpr
06-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey Jeff u missed a pretty good time up at big river.Chris,tiny and myself got tore up on sat kinda getting to like not having a boat that runs right now .Chris said he is going to teach Amanda to drive the boat so he can drink more often.

Bense468
06-15-2003, 07:45 PM
whats the deal with him and amanda. every time I talk to him they are broke up. Never seems that way though huh. Yeah its pretty fun getting tore back somedays. You will always miss your boat though. Glad you have fun. You never answered my question above. Give me a call sometime.

djdtpr
06-15-2003, 07:55 PM
About the motor?It broke two intake valves and sent the faces back and forth through the motor.It ruined the heads broke the cam broke 2 pairs of roller lifters and destroyed all the pistons,it also put some pretty good size gouges in the cylenders.
I didnt get your joke about FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Bense468
06-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Wow that doesn't sound pretty good.
If you didn't get the Fire Joke, how did you know it was a Joke there wise guy. LOL
Person A: zipties door of trailer in middle of the night. Then BANG BANG BANG FIRE. GET OUT NOW FIRE
Person B" what what Get me out of here. Bang (as person B kicks the door open)
That should sum it up. for you. If you only had the visual with about 20 beers in you it would be funny.
[ June 15, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

djdtpr
06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
oh ya chris and sean told me about that!That shit is funny!Idont know if it would be all that funny if it happend to me though.Them fags waited for me to pass out a couple weeks ago then came in the motorhome and put duct tape over my eyes!Payback will be hell!

beached 1
06-16-2003, 04:38 AM
There's still a bunch of zip ties on my door knob..
Bastards!
:D

Bense468
06-16-2003, 01:31 PM
They told you about that huh DJ. That was nice of them.
Beached are you keeping those zipties as Souvenirs? Just to remember the good times.

beached 1
06-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Nah, I'm just lazy.
You ****ers did scare the shit out me though.

Bense468
06-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Even though I can say that I was not the offical Culprit. I am sorry if we scared you that bad. I probably would have been scared also. We were really drunk and it seemed funny at the time.

beached 1
06-17-2003, 08:53 PM
No worries. I had a good laugh too.
BTW, I know who it was. He's told everyone in the park (and that's not all he's been doing) and the story gets more dramatic every time it gets back to me.
[ June 17, 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: beached 1 ]

djdtpr
06-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Are u guys telling me that James had something to do with this too?He didnt strike me as a guy that would do something like that.I bet Derick talk him into it.Hey Jeff are u coming down on the forth,or will the pressure washing buissines be to buisy at that time?Well gotta go BRAAAP! :D

beached 1
06-17-2003, 09:14 PM
James and Derrick wouldn't be dumb enough to tell everyone in the park.

djdtpr
06-17-2003, 09:19 PM
I knew Chris and sean couldnt keep it a secret,well that was obvios when they told everyone what they were gona do.
Were u down there last weekend?How did Derilicks boat run?I passed him and skip on the freeway sunday coming home from big river.

beached 1
06-17-2003, 09:33 PM
No dude, YOU can't keep a secret. :D
I was just there doing some maint on the trailer. I didn't stay the whole weekend. How's Skip and Debbie? Haven't talked to them in a while. Planning on being out there 7/12 and 13. Stop by for coolie.

Bense468
06-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Dj you got blamed. I will be in Havavsu for the 4th. would like to be down there. Did you notice my boat is up for sale?

djdtpr
06-18-2003, 04:50 PM
I get blamed for everything,at least this was something funny.
Chris told me u were selling it but he didnt tell me why u were.Did u ever get it to free up and run a little harder?I have been thinking of selling the placecraft also but not guit sure yet everyone has a gullwing so i dont think i want one.Who knows may be time for an outboard that will run all the way down to martinez and back!

Bense468
06-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah Running down there would be fun. I know people that have done it and said its a blast. I would love to go on a run like that in someone elses boat. You are right gullwings are getting real old real fast anymore. But an outboard??? I am not all sure I could sack up and buy one. Espically if I was a motor builder like yourself. What are you going to do with your spare time. I sent you a PM its kind of long but clears up a lot of things for ya.
[ June 18, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

djdtpr
06-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Wow that was long!You have been busy,its no wonder u havent been down yet.How much are u wanting for your boat?My buddy that has a machine shop down here is looking for one.

Bense468
06-19-2003, 07:25 PM
6500 takes the whole deal or about 3000obo for hull less motor and everything else. In some ways I want to keep the motor and others I don't because I might build something else. I will tell you what. I kind of want to sell less motor because of money in mine and for the fact that I would have to do it all over again. If someone buys it with the motor though then they are getting some nice components for a pretty cheap price I think. The heads have that one trip on them along with intake and cam.

djdtpr
06-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Right on ill let him know he probably would rather buy it without the motor,since he does own a machine shop.I wil let u know what he says.

Bense468
06-20-2003, 01:13 PM
sounds good DJ. Like I said one way or another, does not make a difference to me. If he buys it less motor then I can take my 468 put a cam in it AFR heads, put a 200hp nos shot on it, take it to westech and be putting out over a thousand Horespower.
By the way that was a joke, due to the other threads right now.
[ June 20, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

djdtpr
06-20-2003, 01:34 PM
These guys are funny as hell.They all think they have 100 mph boats,and they all have motors over 700 hp.What they dont realize is that its not hard to make 700 hp its hard to make it last!