PDA

View Full Version : Scoop/A Little help

jstwkd
02-11-2003, 08:27 AM
I purchased a dual carb set up and the scoop does'nt fit flush to the carbs. Not even close.Am I missing something?I would have to lift the front of the carbs about 1/2 an inch.???????

Ian
02-11-2003, 08:35 AM
If you could show us a pic I'm sure someone might have suggestion.

hack job
02-11-2003, 11:50 AM
are you sure the enter spacing is correct? dual carb setups have different center spacings.
( centerspacing is the messurement form center to center on the carbs) good luck wink :D and pics usally help.

jstwkd
02-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Ya I know.The measurment is correct.It fits on the carbs correctly just not flush.I have a photo of it.Waitnig for a friend to e-mail me it.I'm not sure if even shows up that great.I'll get a photo soon. Thanks
Any more photos of the spectra? Hows it going?And how about the 20 footer one of your buddies picked up last year.The yellow one.

Froggystyle
02-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Your carbs may be staggered top to bottom. My brother has an Edelbrock Tunnel ram that the rear carb is about 1/2" higher than the front one.
The other possibility is that the scoop is intended for that style carb layout, and you don't have it.

HavasuDreamin'
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Froggystyle:
Your carbs may be staggered top to bottom. My brother has an Edelbrock Tunnel ram that the rear carb is about 1/2" higher than the front one. That is wierd. So, do you put a spacer between the carb and scoop in this scenario? :confused:

hack job
02-12-2003, 02:34 PM
well my boat is going to be gone for week or two after it returns ill take a bunch of pics and post them. it is haveing some stuff done.
as for the 20 that belongs to my brother and it is getting some new power this winter. going to the 496 i believe.

Froggystyle
02-12-2003, 07:56 PM
HavasuDreamin':
That is wierd. So, do you put a spacer between the carb and scoop in this scenario? :confused You buy a scoop set up for it. Or run a pair of arrestors like he is doing.