PDA

View Full Version : Stoked! Trailer is almost done

HotHallet
02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone- It's been a long time coming but my trailer project is finally nearing the end. When I started my trailer was full of rust between the steps and rails with old and faded white paint. The bunks were so wasted they were taped on. Thanks to Cyclone the job was a lot easier with the use of his trailer for the boat to rest on. The trailer was first relieved of all it's original lighting and the old holes were welded up and grinded smooth. New light buckets were cut for the taillights and running lights and it was off to the sandblaster. AFCO sandblasting in gardena, Ca blasted off all the old paint and rust. After sandblasting it was delivered to a friend of mine who is a painter where several areas were bodyworked and smoothed and DuPont primer was laid with three coats of white DuPont paint over the top. After that Hackjob and Flatbroke helped me mount polished diamond plate to the steps. It was wired by my buddy Brandon with all L.E.D lighting frenched into the back brace and sides of the steps. The floater bar up front was chromed and shocks were mounted at all four corners of the suspension. New bunks were made and Line-X'd for longevity and then covered in carpet and mounted on with all stainless hardware. All that is left now is to mount the new Weld Wheels and Toyo low profile tires and measure up for the custom polished stainless fenders which will be dropped down for the ultra low look. Then it goes to the pinstriper for some candy red pinstriping. I'm excited to have this project almost done and hopefully HooterSled is going to help me get some pictures up so you guys can check it out. If you have the cash buy a new trailer-this was a shit ton of work.

miller19j
02-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Pictures man Pictures!
I just finished mine and can’t believe how much better it looks.

HOOTER SLED-
02-21-2003, 01:56 PM
HotHallett,
What's up man? I'm ready to snap some pics. I ended up getting busy last weekend. I'm going back to the boat show today, around 3:00. Call me if you want to do it this weekend. (562)631-9855 cell. I'll be working on mine too.
Later, Jason

AZKC
02-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I have always wondered why most boat trailers don't have shocks. I know HotHallet has not towed with his yet, but anyone else with a 18-20ft tandem trailer have shocks and if so,is it a noticable difference.
KC

HotHallet
02-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Hooter- What's up? I was busy last weekend too. Wheels and tires get mounted and balanced this week so next weekend it will be ready for some pics. All that is left is to get the fenders built and get it striped. AZKC- I towed a few blocks with the boat on the trailer and could notice a difference. On the first river trip I will get a chance to really check it out.

HOOTER SLED-
02-24-2003, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HotHallet:
[QB] Hooter- What's up? I was busy last weekend too. Wheels and tires get mounted and balanced this week so next weekend it will be ready for some pics. All that is left is to get the fenders built and get it striped.
Sounds good HH. Can't wait to see it. Just let me know before the weekend, so I can bring the digital home from work. As for the weekend, Saturday night- Roy Jones Jr. fight shindig at the house probably. Sunday- around Noon I got the boy's baseball practice for a couple of hours. If you can work around that, give me a call, hook it up.
See ya, Jason

HotHallet
02-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Jason- Call me when it is convenient for you. My weekend is pretty wide open. Saturday I plan to mount the wheels and tires on the trailer as they just got mounted and balanced today. I will also be working with my Dad on another project for my buddy's trailer-new bunks. My cell is 310-344-2555. Talk to you later and thanks for offering to do the pics.
HH