PDA

View Full Version : HARDIN ENGINE/BODY WIRING

hickz3
04-28-2003, 05:12 AM
ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH HARDIN ENGINE AND/OR BODY WIRING. I ORDERED BOTH, THEY CAME IN AND THERE IS NO INSTRUCTIONS, WIRING DIAGRAM, ANYTHING. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO F*&^ IT UP. I KINDA THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE SOME SORT OF MARKINGS ON THESE HARNESSES BECAUSE THE ONE'S I RIPPED OUT WERE ALL NUMBERED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

BK
04-28-2003, 05:42 AM
Heres a diagram. Hope it helps
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/123ignitiondiagram.jpg

hickz3
04-28-2003, 07:03 AM
THANKS BK. LOOKS GOOD, I'LL CHECK LATER TODAY TO SEE IF IT ALL ADDS UP. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO JUST RIP ALL THE OLD STUFF OUT BEFORE THE NEW STUFF CAME IN.

hickz3
04-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Anyone else. That layout helps alot, I just need as much info as possible.

BrendellaJet
04-30-2003, 10:31 AM
Ignoring any stereo hook ups and what not, follow that chart religously. Last summer I went through all of my wiring, replacing all connections with new terminals. Somewhere I crossed something up because I burned my tach and alternator up the next time out. I then used that chart to determine where the problem was. Turned out the alternator was salvageable,but I went with a new one any way. The only variable you will have is in the alternator hookup. Depending on the make and model, you will have either a 1, 2 or three prong. My delco had a three prong, just like in the photo. Where the red wire from the # 2 terminal crosses the "batt" terminal, you need to make a short jumper. In other words, you will have two connections at the batt terminal, one form the #2, and one that goes to the fuse block at the battery location which then goes to the ignition. Hopefully that makes sense-thats where I got screwed up. Let us know when you start the project if you have any problems.
[ April 30, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: BrendellaJet ]