PDA

View Full Version : Where to Find Classic boats?

Hemicbx
08-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Just curious to get opinions on where people are finding their classic jet boats. I've been lurking around these forums for a bit now and I've been searching Boat trader (http://www.boattraderonline.com) but there have to be more resources.
I'm at a definite disadvantage becasuse I'm in PA and quite frankly, low profile jets just aren't that popular out here.
Any input on other sources or dealers that carry old jets would be appreciated. Please don't limit responses to east coast only, I'd be curious (and I'm sure other would also) to hear about sources anywhere in the US.
Thanks
Hemicbx

Jake W
08-28-2003, 06:32 PM
You are kinda north.Oklahoma has alot of jets for sale being that Condor boats and Taylor boats were made there.My Tahiti made its way there from Texas and was used as a dumpster befor I bought it.Are you looking for a fixer uper or a turnkey boat?And what models are you looking for?
Jake :confused:

SPECTRABRENT
08-28-2003, 08:01 PM
95% of the old jet boats were built in California. Try and get a So. Cal boat trader, you should what you are looking for.
Brent

Cas
08-28-2003, 09:02 PM
I just picked up a Boat Trader here in NorCal and there's at least 30 low profile jets, quite a few v-drives too. The prices range from around $800.00 to $20K
I'm sure the SoCal trader probably has a lot more.
Around town here, I've seen 5 or 6 jets that could be picked up from $150.00 to $4500.00
It basically boils down to what you want and how much work you're willing to do.

moneysucker
08-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I have gotten the Nor. Cal trader for the last few months. Up here they are asking San Diego prices, if not more. I would check out the Orange county trader and Recycler Classifieds and So. Cal trader. That is where I find most of my deals. $5000.00 will get a pretty good jet boat if you know what you are looking for.

ole war horse
08-29-2003, 04:04 AM
I know what you mean because I am down below you in Md. and always looking to buy another jet besides the one I have and I think it's healthy to have at least two old jet boats because it's good for the wallet.

Hemicbx
08-29-2003, 04:14 AM
Thanks for all the input. Boat traders up here will have one, maybe two if you're lucky
I grew up in a 18' 454 Tahiti Super Tiger so I'm looking for something along those lines. Got to have a good hull w/ good gel. Engine & interior work is no problem, but I'd certainly buy a finished boat also.
I've got some friends that ship old MoPars back from LA area pretty regularly for what I think is a resonable price, so I'm going to call around and see just what it would cost to ship a boat/trailer.
Thanks again
Hemicbx

manuel
08-29-2003, 04:55 AM
http://www.boattraderonline.com/newadsearch.html
will let you search the entire country and you can actually see the ads before they go to print because they show up as soon as the ad is placed instead of when the new issue hits the stands,there is a trick, if you don't find it under manufacturer leave that blank and put it in the keyword space. and you can set ebay preferances to e-mail you the listing when something you are looking for shows up, I live in Alabama and the cost to ship some boats from CA. and AZ.that I looked at was going from $1,500. to $1,900. Good luck, Manuel

superdave013
08-29-2003, 05:20 AM
give it up brah, Cyclone's done bought them all! :) haha
I looked for a few years for my toy. I ended up finding it in the Boat Trader online. manuel's right, I was the first person to call about it. I drove straight over there and made him go to the bank with me so no one else could snake me.

cyclone
08-29-2003, 08:40 AM
i haven't bought all of them yet. i'm working on it though. :D

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
08-30-2003, 06:33 AM
A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WHILE VISITING MY WIFE'S PARENTS WE SAW A NICE JET BOAT FOR SALE ON THE CORNER AT A GAS STATION IN TOWER CITY, OUTSIDE HALIFAX, PA...BILL

johnboy
08-30-2003, 01:23 PM
THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER:
A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WHILE VISITING MY WIFE'S PARENTS WE SAW A NICE JET BOAT FOR SALE ON THE CORNER AT A GAS STATION IN TOWER CITY, OUTSIDE HALIFAX, PA...BILL I was gonna say your in laws barn...That is where I found the Biesemeyer...He had a matched set for years and then started sailing and sold the other one. Hey "dad" I sure could use a boat....
Ok since I never had a son here are the keys.
I think he knew how much pain this boat was gonna cause me and laughs about it every day.
John