PDA

View Full Version : 460 headers (twisties)

Liquid Life
06-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Where can I get a nice set of used 460 twisty headers (jet)

cave
06-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Liquid Life
You ever go to Saguaro? Too bad Its not a BBC I got a set of Bassett twisties in the back yard. One has a out off round end from someone ripping off my silencers. The right one just wouldnt go easy .LOL.
cave

Liquid Life
06-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes, we go to Saguaro. We went to Canyon last Sun. because Saguaro was full. Canyon got full too, right after we got on.

Liquid Life
06-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Cave, Do you have a Kachina? We have a 19' Kachina (Saber) too.

cave
06-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Yea I do have a Kachina. I just figured out why My BBC was poping. Simple fix. replaced the exaust manifold gaskets. I havent taken it out yet cause I thought something big had gone wrong.
cave

Liquid Life
06-15-2003, 08:09 PM
We are currently trying to sell our Kachina, but still continue to take it out.

Jake W
06-15-2003, 08:13 PM
I just though I would add something hear.I have a 79 Kachina and is is cut apart deck from bottom.I have measured it and it measures 18 feet and one and a half inches.I think it is wheird that you guys refur to them to 18.5 and 19 feet.Just wondering what you guys thought.
Jake

Kachinalazer
06-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey, I've got a Kachina too. Lazer, 21' open bow mini-daycruiser style. I like it 'cause it's one of the few hull styles that looks racy but is still totally family oriented. The weirdest thing about it...no gas guage!! Just call me stink finger...

cave
06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Jake W, You would have to meet Lewy magors for that 18-19' answer. He makes em or used to. He still has the molds. I got smacked by a jetskier with no insurance and he tried to get me to build another one. I got the ski and fish model. The sheriff really laughed at that one.LOL. thats the standard jet boat. Most of my boating buddies have moved up to Eliminators. Im still waiting for that winning ticket.lol.
Liquid Life Are you getting out of boating or stepping up? How was Canyon. Have you gone to Bartlett and met Squitcha and the rest of the jetters? Those guys have some serios power. Most of them run Fords . They may know someone selling the twisties you want if you want I can send you a link that will get you there.
cave

Liquid Life
06-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Cave, We are selling because I am a victim of hard times, I am only working 20 - 30 hours a week and play toys go first. I would like to move up too, but will have to try and make things better first.
I have been out to Bartlett a few times last year, but not this year. I have never seen or meet Squirtcha.

Liquid Life
06-16-2003, 03:25 PM
JAKE W I have Kachina Saber w/ open bow. I always thought it was 19', It is 19' on my title. After reading your post I had to find out what it measured. It measured in at 18'1.5" I had this boat for almost 4 years and never even thought to measure it.

cave
06-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Liquid Life
That sucks! Since that faitfull day I too have seen my hours dwindle. Somehow I just scrape by . Everytime I get that ergency to sell the Kachina I talk myself out of it.Then it all works out. It is paid for but the cost of running it and maintenance is well you know... Hope to meet ya out on the lake. If funds allow I'm gunna try to go Sunday. I get up real early like 4:30 am for work so getting to Saguaro isnt a problem. Bass fishermen hate me and love it when the BBC is stuburn on startup. How was the water level at Canyon? I havnt been there yet. Just passed it on my way to Apache...
cave

Liquid Life
06-16-2003, 06:25 PM
I like to go early too. At Canyon at the far ramp, you can start and run past the campground. I am sure the campers like that early in the morning. The water level was good.
Do you take your boat to Apache through Fish Creek hill. I have always wanted to go to Apache but Fish Creek seems a little crazy with a boat. Do you need 4X4 on the way out?

Jake W
06-16-2003, 07:21 PM
I have something to add to the Twisttys header search.I was all so in love with the Twist look and bought a new pair.I now wish I would have bought the SHORT strights.I run a splash guard I have to in the Ozarkes and When I made it I could not make it as tall as I wanted to(the twisttys sit ptetty low).Other than that they look great.If you want a cheap set find some one with old bell ones and cut the bells off witha 4 inch grinder or a chop saw(incert tool of choice)Presto you have short strights and you can make them a shorter collecter if you want. Just a thought if you want to save some cash.
Jake :D

cave
06-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Do you take your boat to Apache through Fish Creek hill. I have always wanted to go to Apache but Fish Creek seems a little crazy with a boat. Do you need 4X4 on the way out?
Liquid Life I Do take that long, dusty and bumpy trail. Its not so bad until someone passes you and kicks up all that dirt. Next time I'll take the cover. I always seal my carb openings when I got to Apache or Bartlett. Can you camp at Canyon? I got to go there this summer.

cave
06-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Oh I forgot to answer the 4X4 part. I got a 4X4 Tahoe but I dont use it going to or from. Fish creek is only scary when your going up and That Humungus Motor home that takes up that whole 10' wide road. Then It sucks. Ive been lucky. I use My CB radio to find out If there is a big one coming down. They usully have one on. I do use the 4X4 later in the day to get the boat out from the slippery ramps. I dont think I need it but what the Heck I got twisties and I have plent of room for the splash gaurd. I got to make a new one. Mines cracked. I cant see anyone nowt having one in these Low riders. If some one drops a penny near the rear of my jet I get that PUCKER.....

Liquid Life
06-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Cave Yes, you can camp at Canyon, but you need a reservation and they are booked way out. They have hook-ups and dry, plus a nice grassy area right on the water. Although everytime we have camped there has been problems with Bee's. I have bad news too, I just turned my boat over today to its new owner. The new owner is from the west side and is planning to hang out at Pleasant. I have applied for another job too. I want to get back on the water as soon as possible.
I dont need those twistys anymore either. Thanks to everyone for the info and ideas.

cave
06-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey If it helps you awsome. I think I see you out there In a new one later Liquid Life.
Good luck with the new job...