PDA

View Full Version : Fricking Lake Lice

Jetty 468
09-02-2002, 07:34 AM
Why oh why can't they watch were they go ???????
Had one Sun. that damn near hit us! When he saw us he laid it over and the wash hit us in the face and missed my boat by two feet and he keep's going !!!!!!!! I whip it around and grab nothing but air in the intake cound not get the thing going quick enough to catch his DUMBASS . He had a buddy on another one and he saw me coming and shut his down got the a-hole at the no wake zone and told him I've had it with dodging the lake lice !!!! Don't get me wrong Lake Lice are fine IF they know how to operate IT. Also saw another one go MAYBE 5' across a boat and NEVER EVEN saw the boat . The guy in the boat grab's some gear's and shut's it down or he would have nailed him ! They must be wearing horse blinder's we they ride them !! Might need to get Place Diverter sooner then planned and use the roost like the orange flag's on a bike !

Kim Hanson
09-02-2002, 09:09 AM
hear ya......( . )( . )........... http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/l15442.JPG :D

DickDanger
09-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Now that pic is some funny sh*t!!!! -DD Out

Kim Hanson
09-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Spiderwire....( . )( . )......... :D :D :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/jetget933.JPG

Hotcrusader76
09-02-2002, 10:34 AM
I guess all this heat has brought out the critters...hunh? Sad to see that...
Guess we need to start spraying for these pests...LOL :D

Heatseeker
09-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Place diverters make excellent PWC operator removal tools!
They should outlaw the damn things!!!
Just my humble opinion...

502procharger
09-02-2002, 11:22 AM
now i hate assholes as much as the next guy. i am out on my boats as much as possible. i do however have 2 sea doos, and they are a lot of fun. the key is, just like anything else keep track of your suroundings. now that i have that off my chest i do agree most people are semi retarded when it comes to these machines, but not all of us are. cut the people who know what they are doing and have respect for everyone on the water some slack when you guys are out there. i do not want to be tagged as an asshole just becase i left my boat up on shore and am out playing with the other toys.

Hotcrusader76
09-02-2002, 11:29 AM
502procharger:
now i hate assholes as much as the next guy. i am out on my boats as much as possible. i do however have 2 sea doos, and they are a lot of fun. the key is, just like anything else keep track of your suroundings. now that i have that off my chest i do agree most people are semi retarded when it comes to these machines, but not all of us are. cut the people who know what they are doing and have respect for everyone on the water some slack when you guys are out there. i do not want to be tagged as an asshole just becase i left my boat up on shore and am out playing with the other toys.I agree totally...
I use to own one myself, and to be honest it was down right stressful. Watching for boats and keeping my ass from being hit by another Jetski.
If you own them and your responsiable, please ensure that the one riding it is as well. For those of us who spend the cash to own nice toys will obviously ensure they are taking care of. Jetski or boat
I will disagree on the rooster trick. Going to prison for killing someone isn't worth it in my book...Why? Ride my wake, try to hit my boat, or even splash me with your jetski...that's fine! But I can guarntee I will be on the beach waiting for you! and don't tempt me...because it has happened.....and I watched the father literally beat the snott out of this kid after I approached his child curseing him out for what he did! Thanks Dad! Call me a nice guy or even cool headed....but when your in jail for roosting someone, I'll be drinking your beer! LOL
Good Ole'Dad....gotta love'em
:D
-Ty
[ September 02, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Raskal
09-02-2002, 11:36 AM
i was rideing one and my buddy was on the other one he was not much of water person so i tried to stay away from him but the stupid dick thout it was fun to try to get me wet and sure as shit the ****er ran me over when i was try to away from him and another boat he did not even see .

502procharger
09-02-2002, 11:45 AM
ty,
You are correct. It is 100% the resp. of the owner, in this case myself for others ridding your toys. I live on a great lake in ny so when I have in experienced persons (little college girls) ridding I always take them out to a place no one is around until I feel comfortable letting them ride in more congested areas. I have had many occasions when I was almost hit by Jet Ski's in my boat, but I have also had other boats almost hit me because they were not paying any attention either! I am not trying to piss anyone off. If it were one or the other I would definitely keep my boats. But there is a lot of fun to be had by people who are responsible for there own actins as well as the actions of people who are using your toys. sometimes it is just nice to jump on the sea doo and ride down to the beach and pick up a honey!

Kim Hanson
09-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Don't take me wrong here,I have nothing against them either.They just should not hang just behind boat's to get there wake for jumps,I have seen them riding them and it was dark.You heard them and that was all,no running lights-park them for the night.Was on a houseboat this summer and noticed how crazy they where on the water.Found out that a young girl had hit the back of a houseboat and died on the water,blead to death.... frown

lakesmodified
09-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Heatseeker:
Just my humble opinion...Why not outlaw jet boats too? How about v-drives? IB/OB's? outboards? Why don't we just legislate ALL watercraft from the waterways, except for those that are above the law, like yourself? If I've said this once, I've said it a million times: WE AS BOATERS DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE LAW LEGISLATE "ANY" WATERCRAFT FROM THE PUBLIC WATERWAYS, EVENTUALLY, THEY WILL LEGISLATE YOUR CRAFT ALSO! LET'S WORK TOGETHER IN ORDER TO GET EVERYONE THROUGH SAFETY BOATING COURSES. I for one, own both boats and jet skis, and I'm so tired about hearing you all complain about jet skiers.... I'm sure none of you have ever drank and boated? Acted reckless on the water? Oh, of course not! :mad:
[ September 02, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

Kim Hanson
09-02-2002, 12:59 PM
All somebody has to say is "Lake-Lice" and people are all over it.It is just something to yak about,I myself would never own one.That is only me though and to each his own.Here is a pretty one.........( . )( . )...... http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/post-26-23440-i_1.JPG eek! eek! :D

502procharger
09-02-2002, 01:13 PM
lakesmodified
you get 5 stars from me for that one. it is all personal choice on what you decide to ride in or on. but i too am sick of how others feel everyone who has a sea doo is a reckless asshole. you know how many jet boat assholes, cat assholes, v drive ass holes, v bottom assholes, and o/b assholes there are out there. those of us who are responsible( most of the time) which i assume includes most everyone on this forum, has done something stupid or reckless at on time or another. stop the hate!! lol
we do need to stick together, the MAN is always putting new regulations out there for us WATER people and soon enough it is going to screw us all.
now i am off to drive as reckless as i can in my boat! !!

lakesmodified
09-02-2002, 02:44 PM
502procharger:
lakesmodified
you get 5 stars from me for that one. it is all personal choice on what you decide to ride in or on. but i too am sick of how others feel everyone who has a sea doo is a reckless asshole. you know how many jet boat assholes, cat assholes, v drive ass holes, v bottom assholes, and o/b assholes there are out there. those of us who are responsible( most of the time) which i assume includes most everyone on this forum, has done something stupid or reckless at on time or another. stop the hate!! lol
we do need to stick together, the MAN is always putting new regulations out there for us WATER people and soon enough it is going to screw us all.
now i am off to drive as reckless as i can in my boat! !!Thanks 502.... If you continue to read all the complaints on these BB concerning jet skis and their operators, you would think that EVERY boat operator on these boards are SAINTS! I know for one, I've made some real stupid decisions while boating and or jet skiing over the years. Luckily, I never got hurt, or hurt anyone else, and I learned from my mistakes. Like I said in my earlier post, we need to work together in order to educate ALL watercraft owner/operators. OK, I'm done preaching..... Hope everyone had a great time during the Labor Day weekend.... I unfortunately, had an acute Gout :mad: attack on my left big toe, and didn't get to go out and play
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hotcrusader76
09-02-2002, 03:12 PM
502procharger:
lakesmodified
now i am off to drive as reckless as i can in my boat! !!and don't get me wrong on the prejudice taste here....I have talked to a boater at Lake Perris on how to decipher the differences between no wake cones and 5mph zones....
But I do agree and I would participate in a campaigne to start schooling these people, and including some remedials for myself and others alike. I have navigated every waterway around this entire globe, from Australia to Korea, and Maine to Kuwait, Night and day, fog and rain.....and stupid drivers are everywhere! As LakesMod. said "We need to band together before the Government does it for us!"
Important note: I have been a little tipsey and driving a boat at the same time. What made me grow-up? Life did!

malcolm
09-02-2002, 05:52 PM
I always got pissed when I saw the lice zipping around churning up the water right in front of the dock. I wondered how they could zing around like that with no regard for others, I found out how.
Over the summer I got a chance to ride one. It was a brand new Yamaha 2 place. Now I know why they ride like that. It takes almost all your concentration to stay on it, how can you expect them to also keep all the other boats on the lake in sight! I was amazed that this thing didn't have any reverse or mirrors! I didn't get crazy on it cause I could see how fast it could go from fun to deadly. Sure enough by that evening my wife and my dad had T-boned each other! Thankfully the only injuries were cracked glass and gel coat (on a pwc with 10 hours on it). If you ask me someone at Yamaha is trying his hand at population control.

Jetty 468
09-02-2002, 06:31 PM
lakesmodified:
Heatseeker:
Just my humble opinion...Why not outlaw jet boats too? How about v-drives? IB/OB's? outboards? Why don't we just legislate ALL watercraft from the waterways, except for those that are above the law, like yourself? If I've said this once, I've said it a million times: WE AS BOATERS DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE LAW LEGISLATE "ANY" WATERCRAFT FROM THE PUBLIC WATERWAYS, EVENTUALLY, THEY WILL LEGISLATE YOUR CRAFT ALSO! LET'S WORK TOGETHER IN ORDER TO GET EVERYONE THROUGH SAFETY BOATING COURSES. I for one, own both boats and jet skis, and I'm so tired about hearing you all complain about jet skiers.... I'm sure none of you have ever drank and boated? Acted reckless on the water? Oh, of course not! :mad: Thought this one would bring on the bashing !! I complain about ANY ASSHOLE in a BOAT or seadoo who almost get me or my passenger's hurt or killed !!!!!!! It's NOT the seadoo or the boat but the one who is driving it . I'm all for safe boating courses .

Kim Hanson
09-02-2002, 07:09 PM
I really hate to tell you this, but you can take as many courses you can and you will still have "ASSHOLE'S" out there, no matter what.Let's all take a class in fire-arm's and all will be nice.J/K.......Lighten the **** up guy's .....( . )( . )....... :rolleyes: :D

Old Guy
09-02-2002, 08:15 PM
My wife used to think I was a real hardass 'cause I didn't have anything good to say about "jet ski's". One day we were chugging along just a cut above "no wake" and I could see a lot of boats and tubes and skis coming around so I get ready to nail it and get out of their way. Just as I hit the throttle, a kid on a standup jetski cuts right in front of me. Lucky the boat didn't respond quicker than I did. I was able to shut it down before I hit him. I missed him by about a foot. He dumped it and his eyes were as big as dishpans. He just kept sayin, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". I said, "You're lucky you're not dead". A week later I saw him doin the same thing, looking at the water 20' in front of him while he's doin doughnuts. He looked like he was about 14 - 15 years old. Hope he makes it. The wife now hates "lake lice"
Anyway, I have a Place Diverter and I've been around long enough to know that I am responsible for any and all damage caused by watercraft under my control so when the wife says, "get em" I don't. As a matter of fact, I always watch anybody driving anything headed for my tail. By the time they get there the tail is gone. Shortly after I got the Diverter, I thought I was "in the clear" and put the tail up. The wife starts laughing like hell. I don't see anything funny so I ask. She tells me 2 guys were jumping wakes and came blasting up behind me just about the time I put the tail up. She says I knocked one guy on his ass and she couldn't see if the other guy ran over him or not (too much tail). Scared the shit out of me. I went back and there was nobody around, so I guess nobody got killed.
Aside from killing (or worse) somebody you don't even know, you should ask yourself. "What have I got to lose?" If you're just another loser then you only got to think about your conscience (if you got one) and jail. As for me, I worked my ass off for most of 50 years to get what little I've got and I'm not about to piss it all away proving that my 500 hp Berkley powered boat can blow somebody's sorry ass out of the water.
Sorry about the length
old

beached1
09-03-2002, 05:40 AM
This last weeeknd in Blythe, some idiot on a PWC T-Boned a guy in his 21' Eliminator as he was backing off of his trailer, luching his boat. WTF!? I consider myself a PWC enthusiast, but people like that give us a bad name. What the hell was he doing near the launch ramp anyway? Education is the answer, banning them is not IMO.
However, that was not the dumbest thing I saw all weekend. As a bunch of us were tied off on a floatilla, partying, having a good time, this dumb ass mother f**ker pulls out his shot gun and shoots a dove (Dove season opened this last weekend) flying over the river! Lucky for us we were about a 100' down river from it, but on a holiday weekend, shooting a gun in the direction of boaters, swimmers, PWCers, etc is frigging stupid! Goes to show you idiots come in all types and colors, ......and boats.

Heatseeker
09-03-2002, 09:20 AM
You guys are right, there are some responsible pwc'ers. I sure don't know very many though. Including you guys, I know about a half dozen.
I've had nothing but bad experiences with pwc's, from the first time my two kids (aged 2 and 4 at the time) were in a boat and a guy that WE KNEW squirted them square in the face at 45 mph to the jagoff that almost hit my 10 year old daughter while she was tubing. Something about pwc's seems to make people forget the rules and COMMON COURTESY. As a houseboater, I can't stress the value of finding that nice quiet cove off the beaten track, back in the No Wake zone to kick back and enjoy. Then along comes Joe pwc'er to show everybody how cool he is, tearing up the water, nearly drowning swimmers and crashing boats around in the process.
90% of all injury accidents reported on the Ca. delta involves pwc's. I read it all the time in the local papers. Maybe a little training at the local pwc store before turning people loose with them would help.
Everybody gets out of line once in a while and I'm no different. I am not trying to make enemies here, but from my view, pwc's get out of line way more than boaters. If people want to ride pwc's and obey the SAME RULES and extend the same courtesies that boaters are required, then right on!

WETDAWG
09-05-2002, 11:49 AM
I've had several close call myself. I was sitting in BBTHAITIs boat when one of the little suckers came across the river and aimed right for us. We were shut down and just floating. He got within about a foot of us and just missed us. Laughing all the way
BBTahiti jumped on , followed him in to the beach and the little rat had already gathered his daddy and friends to defend his action. The Dad was worse than the kid. AVI police had to break it up. The Dad said that the kid wasn't right in the head DUUUUH :rolleyes:
We gotta do something and the Place diverter is the trick. PAYBACK
We neeed the little stickers like they had on fighters when you win a dogfight
Check out WWW.ROOSTWEAR.COM (http://WWW.ROOSTWEAR.COM) some cool stuff :D
[ September 05, 2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

BigDaddy
09-05-2002, 03:04 PM
I ROOooOOSSssTTTttEEEeDDDD One Last Weekend and he asked me to do it again and I was Pissed off that he was so Close to me.
and thats all i got to say about that other then
if it says Wake ZONE!!!!! they should have to Respect this RULE as well.

jrau
09-05-2002, 03:11 PM
small lake near me, after two pwc to pwc collisions and a pwc sinking a boat with a family aboard. has put a 21 year age limit on pwc's. I cant begin to tell you what a difference this has made. next year pwc's will be allowed onllly certain hours on the lake. ICAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :D

Jetty 468
09-05-2002, 04:54 PM
WETDAWG:
I've had several close call myself. I was sitting in BBTHAITIs boat when one of the little suckers came across the river and aimed right for us. We were shut down and just floating. He got within about a foot of us and just missed us. Laughing all the way
BBTahiti jumped on , followed him in to the beach and the little rat had already gathered his daddy and friends to defend his action. The Dad was worse than the kid. AVI police had to break it up. The Dad said that the kid wasn't right in the head DUUUUH :rolleyes:
We gotta do something and the Place diverter is the trick. PAYBACK
We neeed the little stickers like they had on fighters when you win a dogfight
Check out WWW.ROOSTWEAR.COM (http://WWW.ROOSTWEAR.COM) some cool stuff :D Kill Sticker's .... Now that's funny stuff!!!!!

WETDAWG
09-05-2002, 07:45 PM
I ordered 10 of the stickers. I'll be at avi on the 20th!! :D All Lake lice invited wink
www.roostwear.com (http://www.roostwear.com)
[ September 05, 2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

roostwear
09-05-2002, 08:08 PM
It has come to my attention that some people view my offering of "kill" decals as condoning the "roosting" of PWCs. :( Nothing could be further from the truth. Really. The website you are viewing is NOT NEAR done, and many changes are planned. Everything will be done by Oct 1st, but until then, feel free to view the work in progress.
The promo shot of the decals on my boat were for demonstration purposes only. Really. It'll be out at Avi on the 20th, so see for yourself. As a matter of fact, bring the Seadoo out :D
"Been roosted?"
PS-what do you MEAN you don't believe me when I say REALLY?

WETDAWG
09-06-2002, 06:31 AM
Really???
Will there be a starter in my future?
I was not saying that you condone "Roosting" Lake Lice (your website clearly states that you don't) I was just mentionioning that I thought it was a great idea . There are stickers for everything else so why not roosting lake lice? :o
This is not a war but a definitive defensive move.
Maybe the decal should be in Red, White and Blue.
You should ask BBTahiti how he feels about the whole incident....Lesbians and all!!! :D
[ September 06, 2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]