PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley pump bushings

jwbbuck
06-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Both of the rear shaft bushings are toast and it looks like the bowl has been modified to accept either a larger O.D. bushing or a sleeve / bushing combination. I've heard that Dominator makes a sleeve that might work for me. Does anybody know how to get one and the dimensions?

SLO POKE
06-04-2002, 07:31 PM
I was trying to ask about the same topic no one answered my question either!

wsm9808
06-04-2002, 08:21 PM
The bushing in my Dominator was toast when I bought my boat. I think anyone that sells Dominator pump parts can get the bushing and sleeve, I got mine from Greg. The dominator bowl only uses a bushing and is lubed with the water in the bowl. I'm not sure what you would need to do to adapt it to your Berkely. I didnt save my old sleeve so I dont have anything to get diminsions from. Maybe one of the exploded views/parts list of the Dominator might have some specs.
[This message has been edited by wsm9808 (edited June 04, 2002).]

AGGRESSOR JETS
06-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Dominator bushings are longer as installed new.
If you have a larger O.D. Bushing, someone has modified your bore.
Several company's such as ours offer mod kits to dominator bowls which require re-bore of the bowl. Our's converts the bowl to grease lube.
This winter we intend to tool a new unit for Dominator which will have grease channels much like our bowls do!
If you are rebored and have a larger O.D, Bushing, you should be able to go to any good bearing shop for replacement. Hope I helped.Dave

Duane HTP
06-10-2002, 07:00 PM
I made a jig and special cutter several years ago. It bores down through the old Berkeley bowls, and then we just press in the dominator bushings. We can Fix You UP.
Duane HTP