PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane LilLi

propless
10-02-2002, 05:17 PM
Hey, a few of us frequent contributors to this sight will be lets say, ducking the forum.
Hurricane LiLi is to hit us tomorrow with forecasted 140+ mph winds and 15'+ gulf sea surges (keep in mind that New Orleans is already 6' under sea level).
I write this because my family has experienced a total loss of everything in the past (our house, our cars, mementos, pictures, etc...). As a California native, fires and earthquakes are hell, no doubt! But these hurricanes and tornados will in an instant destroy memories, homes, boats and lives in an instant – plus put a few snakes or alligators at your door step. We'll be back raising hell (I hope),
Those us of from South Louisiana state, bite myÂ…Â…Â…Â…Â….. WeÂ’ll talk too you later!

Jet Junk
10-03-2002, 06:23 AM
I hope everything is well when you return, propless. We lost our shop, and our house and race cars were severely damaged in a tornado a few years ago, so I know how it can be. Stay safe.

spectratoad
10-03-2002, 12:35 PM
Hurry back and stay safe. Hope all goes as best as can be. Marterial stuff can be replaced but keep the family safe. good Luck.

propless
10-04-2002, 07:00 PM
I greatly appreciate the notes. All went well, a lot of tree damage and two cracked windows, 10" of rain and 80mph winds. Lost power for about 12 hours, no phone and NO CABLE!!! Actually, had the ole generator on, TV and video so the family was happy, wind blowning and microwave popping popcorn - they thought it rough'n it behind taped windows and tubs full of water (just in case).
It's sobering going through one of these and had to take cover three times due to tornado warnings. It's my third - it's fun to laugh about these events "after the fact".
After being raised and spending most of my life in Southern Cal, I'll take earthquakes anytime.
Thanks Again!

mister460
10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
I sat through typhoon Sinlaku over here in Okinawa, Japan about a month ago. 144+mph winds on base and we didn't even get the worst. Kind of impressive. It's good you didn't lose too much. My battalion lost two Marines in a typhoon a week before Sinlaku.