PDA

View Full Version : My "New" Boat

cyclone
08-26-2002, 01:51 PM
thanks out to Randy for snapping this photo of my new boat at lake elsinore yesterday.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Bonneville2.JPG

PipesClean
08-26-2002, 02:16 PM
What's the difference between that boat and your old boat? Did you keep that steering wheel?

1HOTGMCJET
08-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Looks nice, Mike - Good Luck with it!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

hack job
08-26-2002, 02:46 PM
thats a great looking boat! how dose she run ? the lake looked good in the pic! :D wink

Miss hack job
08-26-2002, 03:42 PM
I like! I like! :D

cyclone
08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
pipes clean..the difference is this one has a BBC not an Olds. its a foot longer, its a bubble deck and its has all of those cool things like a ride plate, speed grate, shoe, Berk JG pump etc.
I'm going to probably swap some parts off of the old boat if it doesn't sell quickly so the flamed steering wheel might end up in the new boat.

cyclone
08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
thanks Hack jobs!

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 04:43 PM
LOOKS GREAT Mike!!

MikeF
08-26-2002, 04:58 PM
Cyclone, I really like those colors! You have a very sharp boat!
HB says you're going to put another carb when you get around to it? That will put a little more fuel in the engine. Looking forward to see what it's capable of w/ future modifications and dialing in!
Wish I'd put in a little earlier to run around the lake w/ you guys. There will be a next time! :D Mike

Hustler
08-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Mike, Very nice boat!! I like the colors, there not orange(I'm a little partial to the orange) but it's still a very good looking boat. What are you going to do with the 502 you have?

shockwavebd
08-26-2002, 06:39 PM
cyclone:
pipes clean..the difference is this one has a BBC not an Olds. its a foot longer, its a bubble deck and its has all of those cool things like a ride plate, speed grate, shoe, Berk JG pump etc.
I'm going to probably swap some parts off of the old boat if it doesn't sell quickly so the flamed steering wheel might end up in the new boat.can you tell me where you got your flame streeing wheel :)

Boater Bill
08-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Nice ride. Did you fix the center fin?

waterslinger
08-27-2002, 04:59 AM
Nice ride. Give us the run down. (cid,carb,pump,etc,etc)

PipesClean
08-27-2002, 06:02 AM
Right on Cyclone, looks nice! Do you plan to do Gel or anything else this year? Are you the guy that did that air bag setup on his trailer, if so, do you plan to do that again? That was the Shiznit!

HotHallet
08-27-2002, 10:45 AM
That boats rad. I rode in it on Sunday at Elsinore. It was fairly fast but with carburetor work and a new ignition it's gonna scream. Can't wait to see it with top re-gelcoated and Mike's detailed touches. We gotta help him come up with a new name as Wet 'n' Wild just is not doing it for him.

Licketty Split
08-27-2002, 12:49 PM
nice boat

cyclone
08-27-2002, 01:13 PM
mike F- I'm probably going to put a new set of carbs and ignition on it before my next river trip in October.
Hustler- the 502 is going to make its way into the boat this winter after Todd and I re-gelcoat the hull
Shockwavebd- You can buy that steering wheel from Colorado Customs. Its a company that makes billet wheels
BoaterBill- Not yet. its epoxied and bolted into the hull so its going to be a project to remove it and replace it.
Waterslinger- Its got a 477cid BBC, 980cfm carb, shitty Mallory ignition and the bottom end is supposely fitted with good parts.
Pipesclean- ya my old trailer is on bags and I plan to do it to this one. The back beam on the new trailer is already twisted 30 degrees backwards from dragging out of driveways. The bags will fix that little problem after i reubuild the trailer.
Thanks hallet and licketty split!

disco_charger
08-27-2002, 08:35 PM
Cyclone, you seem to be one of those smart guys that sticks to those hulls that work really good. With the BBC, it'll be cheaper to go faster, and everyone who was at the CBBB knows it'll be impressive looking and running when you're done.
Disco

cyclone
08-28-2002, 07:58 AM
thanks disco. one thing is for sure, i'm definately getting rid of the spring inside of the T-fitting for the headers. I'm not missing the run to the sand bar next year!

69 Elim
08-28-2002, 08:14 AM
cyclone:
one thing is for sure, i'm definately getting rid of the spring inside of the T-fitting for the headerswhy? most guys swear by them, although I use a manual valve.

cyclone
08-28-2002, 08:27 AM
because the last three trips out in the boat, i have had weeds and other assorted debris get stuck inside of the T-fitting and prevent it from shutting the water off to the headers at idle. And at CBBB, in the midst of a great run to Topoc, the spring broke altogether and I had to make a new one out of a paper clip at the boat dock. I'm going to run a solenoid valve and rpm switch instead. Its fool proof and I wont have to spend as much time wrenching on the boat in the water.

Hermosa
08-28-2002, 08:29 AM
cyclone:
thanks out to Randy for snapping this photo of my new boat at lake elsinore yesterday.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Bonneville2.JPGWhat kind of camera is Randy using, the photos he takes look great. I need a new piece...
[ August 28, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Hermosa ]

flat broke
08-28-2002, 08:39 AM
I think Randy is still using a Nikon Coolpix. Im not sure on the model, but I think its a 990. I have to agree that his resolution is pretty good. You should see the size of the pics/resolution when he sends em un cropped for the boards. A buddy of mine at my ex employer raved about his Nikon and apparently it wasn't unfounded.
Chris

HBjet
08-28-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanks!
I have a Coolpix 950 with over 7000 photos taken on the camera, and only one service repair on the battery door. I love this camera, especially because of the swivel body design. Once it becomes time to buy another camera, I'm going to get another Coolpix swivel body design, just higher resolution. This one is a 2.1 mega pixel so the un-cropped photo size is 1600 X 1200. When this camera came out, it had the best lens in the market for digital.
HBjet

old rigger
08-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Cyclone,
Boat looks great!!!!!
I know you've said before, but what years is that hull?
With the new carbs, the 502, and the hardware set up right on the pump, that thing will be killer on the water. I know every one has their favorite, but if I was you I'd talk to George at Clay Smith Cams about setting you up with a cam. He raced Rogers for years and built motors for guys that raced them even longer. Super smart cam and jet guy. Just a thought.
Congrats on the boat, you got me turning green......

old rigger
08-28-2002, 09:00 AM
By the way, if you need another fin for the old girl, I think I have another new one out in my stuff. I'll check this weekend, if it's there, it's your's. I'll even cut it down to the proper length for you...............

bordsmnj
08-28-2002, 04:17 PM
clean boat lookin' boat. If you had been at elsinore sunday eve you could've seen me getting mine towed back to the launch area....does your old boat still work? laters.

Truth Be Told
08-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Old rigger,
Did you know the "2 quick for U" Bonneville driven by Don Lake in the early eighties? It still runs in Parker along with 8 other rogers at the same place. It's a 400lb. hull and still runs nice with a little 468 in it. Those capped ones you and your peers made sure are pretty.

cyclone
08-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Old Rigger you are my hero! I've been trying to find a replacement skeg for a week now. I'd really appreciate the hook up if you have one. This hull is a 1976 19' Bonneville TR. Do you recognize it or is that before your time at Rogers?

cyclone
08-29-2002, 12:47 PM
Boardsmnj- what kind of boat do you have? Yes the old boat still runs great and is for sale.

old rigger
08-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Truth Be Told:
Old rigger,
Did you know the "2 quick for U" Bonneville driven by Don Lake in the early eighties? It still runs in Parker along with 8 other rogers at the same place. TBT,
no, I don't remember that name, but that doesn't anything. I can't remember shit anymore. I might remember the face better. I was at Rogers from 79/80 to 85, lots of guys in and out of the shop. Lots of old racers just dropping by to shoot the bull with Roger. I was lucky, being the only employee, I got to listen in on lots of great bench racing. Nice to hear about that cluster of Rogers still hanging at Parker. Theres a bunch of them below the dam at Wheelers place too.
Cyclone,
I checked and I still have one center fin in my crap in the garage. New, never been on a boat, in fact it still needs to be cut down. Whenever you want to swing by and grab, let me know. It's got your name on it.
That's a great pic of your 19. Rogers stuff was always some of the best looking boats. That 19 and the 18 bubble gotta be in the top 5 nicest looking boats ever built. Even though he took the bubble from Sanger Jack and grafted it to his deck, the way he flowed the gunales, taking out the step that most builders have (had), made the boat a looker.
Bottom is no slouch either. I'm tellin' ya, with the right pump hardware and motor combo, you're going to be tough to catch on the river. You won't be the fastest on top end, but from 0 to 80, you're gonna be a blur.

cyclone
08-30-2002, 08:13 AM
Oldrigger- thanks a bunch. If you're around this weekend I'll bring the boat by so you can take a look at it. Send me an email so that I can get your phone number.

Hotcrusader76
08-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Mike your ForSale page is complete. check it out!
http://www.tpcracing.com/MikesBoat.html
http://www.tpcracing.com/images/MikesBoat1.jpg