PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to TIMINATOR!!

Rondane
03-11-2006, 09:00 AM
The new man in ***boat mag! Great job! Very informative!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-11-2006, 09:13 AM
nice, what was in the article? Glad to see that the classic boating shops are getting recognized. Im so tired of seeing all the big guys get all the attention....

malcolm
03-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Like he needed his pole stroked anymore. :p
I'd be curious what ol rondane would say if it was Jack or Duane. :argue:
Still, congrats Tim.

flat broke
03-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Are you refering to that all over the place article on Nitrous with a bunch of vague references and little to no performance data to back anything up? Regardless of who wrote that article, I felt dumber for wasting my time reading it.
Chris

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Are you refering to that all over the place article on Nitrous with a bunch of vague references and little to no performance data to back anything up? Regardless of who wrote that article, I felt dumber for wasting my time reading it.
Chris
LMFAO :D :D :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Like he needed his pole stroked anymore. :p
I'd be curious what ol rondane would say if it was Jack or Duane. :argue:
Still, congrats Tim.
Be nice malcom:D :220v: :crossx: you guys are killing me today...

SmokinLowriderSS
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Congrats Timinator. Nice to see ya get some publicity. :)

Rondane
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Chris
Nope, was referring to this months one about "tips for buying a jetboat" and "marine vs. car engines in boats".
I know though....every other guy who tried out for editor had all sorts of performance data and specific references in the past huh? Give the guy a chance will ya. :yuk:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Give the guy a chance will ya. :yuk:
Here we go again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Let me stock up on the popcorn :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Cas
03-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Chris
Just curious, what are your qualifications in performance engines? Tim has been in the business for 30 yrs or so.
I guess you can set us all straight on NOS or any other performance related info we need? Oh I know, if any of us need anything done, we should just take it to DNE or MPD.
I just wrote down the list of who will probably respond to this. I'll let you all know when they do :D

MikeF
03-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Nope, was referring to this months one about "tips for buying a jetboat" and "marine vs. car engines in boats".
You then might have added that to the 1st post to clear that up. :p
I do side w/ Chris on this one though about the nitrous article (have no got the new issue yet so can't comment on that :boxed: ).
I've recieved better info from people I've PM'd here on the boards. :)
I do know what happens when the editors get ahold of things though, things get changed and the information that was meant to be "more right" ends up getting adjusted to fit the page (or some other reason) so don't take everything you read as the truth. Nitrous can go very wrong real quick if you do not have the safeguards in place to keep those "bad things" from happening. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE! (or your bank account to know how far you're willing to take it):D
NOTHING beats tried and true experimentation on your own w/ help from others (and the $$$ you spend doing it cause that it just the way it is). You have to see for yourself. :)

MikeF
03-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I just wrote down the list of who will probably respond to this. I'll let you all know when they do :D
I'll be 1st,
All I can really say is that their track record is better than most in the areas of how well the parts work, how long they hold together and on race weekends....who is holding the trophy's by the hard work performed vs. luck.
Said my peace! :cool:

Cs19
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
check out the timinator donut club.
cas, that was the single worst post I have ever seen you make.
about the nos article.. i read it and was tottally dissapointed, hopefully the content gets better.

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Just curious, what are your qualifications in performance engines? Tim has been in the business for 30 yrs or so.
I guess you can set us all straight on NOS or any other performance related info we need? Oh I know, if any of us need anything done, we should just take it to DNE or MPD.
I'm sure I'm on your "list", but I'm not going where you are with this, I have a question of my own for you.
Why are you bashing Chris, here? Isn't he allowed to have an opinion on an article in a magazine? I didn't see anywhere where he was talking about Tim, just another crappy article in ***boat. I'd also guess Chris knows plenty about what he's talking about...enough to know when an article is full of BS. Again, had nothing to do with Tim, unless Tim wrote the article, and in that case, so be it. I'm wondering if you have enough knowledge about nitrous to know if the article was accurate or not, and can criticize Chris for his opinion, or are you just dragging another thread into the toilet for no good reason? What's your background with nitrous, Cas? Where's your experience? Did you even read the article? Maybe you can set us straight.
BTW...The fact that Timinator has been in business for 30 yrs. in iteslf isn't worth the pixles it's printed on, and comparing him to MPD and DNE is a joke. (No offense to Tim...just another league)

MikeF
03-12-2006, 09:20 AM
And to add..... I hold no disrespect to anyone out there who are trying to make the best of what they have and to those who are trying to make the customers happy by the services provided by them to make the best possible outcome.
If you are Driven and willing to spend the $, You can make it good!, just remember that there is someone else out there spending more money and making a better mousetrap. (I'd be that guy if I had the funds :) )

SmokinLowriderSS
03-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll just take popcorn. Send a bowl over here 396. :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I'll just take popcorn. Send a bowl over here 396. :)
Im always sittin' next to you bro, Ill just make 2 buckets;) :crossx:

Cas
03-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I just wrote down the list of who will probably respond to this. I'll let you all know when they do
2 so far.
not in a donut club at all, just tired of seeing people in the business get bashed which will undoubtedly cause them to leave. It's happened before from the backyard mechanics and it'll happen again and again.
If any one of you can do better than step up and do it.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-12-2006, 10:36 AM
If im on the list then Im excited :crossx: Tim always thinks that I bash him when I dont. I just question his logics. If he has ideas then some of us would like to hear them. I share all of my info with fellow boaters. No beef just curiosity.........
On the other hand, flatbroke is a great guy!! I just bought an intake,shoe, and rideplate from him and not only he gave me a smoking price but he sent it without me paying him 1st. How many peeps would do that??? Not too many here that are like that. Chris has always offered alot of info and logics to back it up. I dont think he is bashing at all. He is just pointing out facts...........

MikeF
03-12-2006, 10:37 AM
2 so far.
Coulda swore I counted 3! :crossx:

Cas
03-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Coulda swore I counted 3! :crossx:
sorry Mike, you weren't on the list, didn't mean to exclude you. Would you like to be on it? :rollside:

MikeF
03-12-2006, 11:01 AM
sorry Mike, you weren't on the list, didn't mean to exclude you. Would you like to be on it? :rollside:
I see, I wasn't on your list. :boxed:
I was 1st though. :mix:

Cas
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Chris is a good guy! We've shared a lot over the years and he is a pretty knowledgable person. I posted MY OPINION on what he wrote.

Cas
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I see, I wasn't on your list. :boxed:
I was 1st though. :mix:
ok, ok, alright already! Let me go back and read a bunch of your old posts to see if you make it. :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Chris is a good guy! We've shared a lot over the years and he is a pretty knowledgable person. I posted MY OPINION on what he wrote.
Cas: (in response to flat broke) Just curious, what are your qualifications in performance engines? Tim has been in the business for 30 yrs or so.
Where's the opinion part? Guess we missed that. I see sarcasm, insinuation, and a little bashing. No opinion in sight.

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 11:36 AM
2 so far.
not in a donut club at all, just tired of seeing people in the business get bashed which will undoubtedly cause them to leave. It's happened before from the backyard mechanics and it'll happen again and again.
If any one of you can do better than step up and do it.
So where was the bashing?
If any one of you can do better than step up and do it :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Im always sittin' next to you bro, Ill just make 2 buckets;) :crossx:
Thx 396, I apreciate it. Here, just let me pull the beer keg a little closer.....to share.
Won't have to get up for a refil. :)

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Thx 396, I apreciate it. Here, just let me pull the beer keg a little closer.....to share.
Won't have to get up for a refil. :)You two don't get all Brokeback on us, now! LOL!
C'mon, how 'bout a beer for the entertainment? :D

Rondane
03-12-2006, 11:56 AM
BTW...The fact that Timinator has been in business for 30 yrs. in iteslf isn't worth the pixles it's printed on, and comparing him to MPD and DNE is a joke. (No offense to Tim...just another league)
and how do you know this? Do you have facts? Have you ever been timinators shop to compare equipment? Obviously not so you really should shut your pie hole. Better yet you should owe timm an apology!
How are they in "another league" aside from MAYBE the clientele they have with deeper pockets. When money is no object, you SHOULD go fast dont you think? I'm sure timinator has a few "clients" that wouldn't trust anyone but him working on their $30K motor(not even DNE). So for you to say that is totally off base! Just another quality post right? BTW,what were you TOLD intake pressure should be? Gonna keep avoiding that question? I answered it, now it's your turn. Maybe you kinda forgot since you didnt understand it when it was TOLD to you? Sound familiar?
Face it dude, your nothing more than a follower who does what he's told to do. Sure you'll go fast with your ride, but you'll follow a blueprint to get there. I read the posts on your boat, there is nothing innovative your doing, same motor, same shoe, same pump, same impeller that all your friends use. None of the "blaze your own trail" crap you keep toot, tooting about. Man you guys really have a true glee club out there. Maybe thats where all the NJBA donut club talk comes from?? :idea:
wittowondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Now were all set:D
You two don't get all Brokeback on us, now! LOL!
Hey sucker, you know you want beer and popcorn;)

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
and how do you know this? Do you have facts? Have you ever been timinators shop to compare equipment? Obviously not so you really should shut your pie hole. Better yet you should owe timm an apology!
How are they in "another league" aside from MAYBE the clientele they have with deeper pockets. When money is no object, you SHOULD go fast dont you think? I'm sure timinator has a few "clients" that wouldn't trust anyone but him working on their $30K motor(not even DNE). So for you to say that is totally off base! Just another quality post right? BTW,what were you TOLD intake pressure should be? Gonna keep avoiding that question? I answered it, now it's your turn. Maybe you kinda forgot since you didnt understand it when it was TOLD to you? Sound familiar?
Face it dude, your nothing more than a follower who does what he's told to do. Sure you'll go fast with your ride, but you'll follow a blueprint to get there. I read the posts on your boat, there is nothing innovative your doing, same motor, same shoe, same pump, same impeller that all your friends use. None of the "blaze your own trail" crap you keep toot, tooting about. Man you guys really have a true glee club out there. Maybe thats where all the NJBA donut club talk comes from?? :idea:
wittowondane
I wonder if you can see what an ass you really are?
Have you been in Tim's shop?...ahhhh, never mind. You're so far off, and so far out of bounds that you're not even worth the time. You're so blinded by your dislike for me that you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you square in the mouth. Follower? Sure, we're all followers. You, especially. Like a little puppy dog. "...yeay Timinator! Yeay Donut club!" "Course, you don't know your ass from your ankles, but you're out there tryin to impress like you do.
Get your popcorn!!! :rolleyes:
Do you know anything about Dave Ebbert's background? How about Jack McClure? If Timinator had any where near the level of experience that DNE does, he wouldn't be wasting his time here on these boards. Same with MPD. They don't need to come on here and stroke themselves, (and everyone else). If Timinator had that kind of background and experience, he'd be out there winning races. Every weekend. He'd have customers winning races. Every weekend. He'd have a business, (after 30 yrs.) that everyone knows about, not just a few locals, and a handfull of us here on the boards. If he was as well known and had the reputation that MPD, DNE, and MANY others have, I would have heard of him. But he dosen't. That's not a bad thing, and dosen't mean Tim's not a sharp guy. It's just apples and oranges, and that's the way the world is.
Another thing...you don't know squat about me, my background, my experience, or my boat. Few do, and those that know me will tell you, I'm not much of a follower. I'm not going to waste my time defending myself either, because facts mean nothing to you. You're running your mouth on pure emotion, and proof is, the more you rant, the stupider you sound. Do you even have a boat? Lets see some of your creativity. Lets see some of your ability. Post it up, and let us see what's behind all this inferiority, little man complex you have.
Again, why is it that just about every thread you're in goes to shit?

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Now were all set:D
Hey sucker, you know you want beer and popcorn;)
Yeah, but the entertainment never gets a break! I'm working up a thirst here! :rolleyes: LOL!!! :p
Hey Michael, are you ever coming to Ming?

bp
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Man you guys really have a true glee club out there. Maybe thats where all the NJBA donut club talk comes from?? :idea:
wittowondane
you know, i saw you start this thread, congratulating your buddy, didn't give it a second thought. i had absolutely no intention of posting anything on this thread, until i saw yet another attack post by that hypocritical jealous coward cas. even then, i thought, nah, why waste my time, but then the same effort to provoke from the coward continued, and even spread to you, mundane. so; do you think it makes your buddy look better/smarter by attempting to put down dne/mpd, or the people that run their stuff? you didn't start it off that way, but you certainly helped drive it into that gutter. and here's a newsflash for you; what wins on sunday sells on monday. the dne/mpd record speaks for itself, and by trying to put them down, you make yourself look like an idiot. if you wish to do everything differently, knock yourself out and have fun doing it.
cas, you are the lowest level of slime on this entire forum. you run back to your lbba, and banderlog, and talk about how you're so -above- all that nasty bashing over on that "evil" ***boat forum, then you run back over here and -initiate- this crap. CONTINUALLY! you've done virtually everything you can on these forums to annihilate jim rich; what did he do to you? steal all your money? murder your family? what? you've relentlessly attacked dne/mpd why? what did they do to you? not give you any freebies like you try to get from everyone else? you are a coward and not worth the mud you crawl under. YOU turned an innocent congratulatory thread into one of YOUR typical shiiit slingers... :mad:

superdave013
03-12-2006, 01:28 PM
to bad this turned into a "team A" vs "team B" thread / bash thead. I have not read TIMINATOR'S new bit yet but he always seems to give solid advice here.
We should be happy a guy like that is willing to write some stuff for HB. I'm sure the pay is better doing something else.

SmokinLowriderSS
03-12-2006, 02:08 PM
You two don't get all Brokeback on us, now! LOL!
Pull up a chair and bring your own glass (unless you are into kegstands) we have plenty of popcorn, and NO, you can't sit on my lap. :yuk: Now, bring Pixelated or such (Kim doesn't count), and maybe she can. I get to frisk Topless first tho ... for weapons of course. :p :crossx: :D

77charger
03-12-2006, 02:31 PM
to bad this turned into a "team A" vs "team B" thread / bash thead. I have not read TIMINATOR'S new bit yet but he always seems to give solid advice here.
We should be happy a guy like that is willing to write some stuff for HB. I'm sure the pay is better doing something else.
true seems like in the jet section if your motor and pump doesnt come from one place it is junk.LOL
No offense to anyone but there are some engine builders who lay low and can build big hp also

Cs19
03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
What I would like to know is, who the fu*k Rondane is..This guy shows up out of the freaking blue and starts all this sh*t.
Rondane, Who are you? Where do you live?What boat do you have? What shops do you work with? Do you have/had any other screen names on the forums here on HB? You have ZERO credability here on the boards yet you know alot about what goes on here. I find that odd but anyways, please tell us about yourself.
I agree with BP, Cas's sh*t get old around here and the comment about seeing who replys is just idiotic....
Cas, I understand you want the best for your pal Tim and its hard to convince everyone that there are other people out there than can build a fast jetboat.I know first hand there are others that can do it. Ive raced plenty of them and have lost to plenty of them.. So if your buddy Tim really is the man when it comes to Jetboats hes gonna havta prove it, thats just how it works.I know its frustrating but there is little or no room for anyone wanting to get into this industry with all the other shops out there that have been at it for so long and have decades of experience along with a winning track record,record setting boats and a shop full of trophys.
Are any of Tim's customers out racing on the dragboat circuits? That is a great place to show you have what it takes, this is how ALL of the others have made it.

Cas
03-12-2006, 03:10 PM
cas, you are the lowest level of slime on this entire forum. you run back to your lbba, and banderlog, and talk about how you're so -above- all that nasty bashing over on that "evil" ***boat forum, then you run back over here and -initiate- this crap. CONTINUALLY! you've done virtually everything you can on these forums to annihilate jim rich; what did he do to you? steal all your money? murder your family? what? you've relentlessly attacked dne/mpd why? what did they do to you? not give you any freebies like you try to get from everyone else? you are a coward and not worth the mud you crawl under. YOU turned an innocent congratulatory thread into one of YOUR typical shiiit slingers... :mad:
there's the one I've been waiting on LMAO!!! never fails :D
So Mr Big Bob, tell me where I have EVER slammed DNE or MPD...better yet, show me! I did not slam them here or anywhere else. I mentioned years ago about someone I know very well that MAY not have been able to afford DNE's prices. You took exception to that and have been down on me since....on anything. Do I care? Nope.
I've always said they are 2 companies that are on top in their respective industries. I have always had issues when someone is looking for help and the first that comes up is take it to DNE or MPD....you were one of the absolute worst in that. The unfortunate thing is you used to be very helpful to many. What's interesting, you have no idea how much both Dave and Jack have helped me....even when I had that Panther.
As far as Jim and I, we have spoken fairly often on the phone. I've said to him on the phone, and more, the same I've posted here. He's corrected me on some things as I have done with him. Hasn't been much of a big deal.
Now take your :cry: elsewhere :rolleyes:
It's exactly as SD just said, We should be happy a guy like that is willing to write some stuff for HB. I'm sure the pay is better doing something else.
btw bob, have a great upcoming season and be safe.
Ahhh, now my day is complete...carry on :rollside:

Cas
03-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with BP, Cas's sh*t get old around here and the comment about seeing who replys is just idiotic....
same sh*t from the same people does get old. The big difference is there's a group that continually think they are always in the right and get down on others. The unfortunate part is they are the ones that have driven away quite a few people that have been in the business for many many years. Some were pioneers in the boating business, some in the engine building business and some were even record holders in the sport a lot of you dearly love. Sorry CS but that crap is wrong!
Oh and btw, I have never done any business with Tim. I have spoken to him on the phone a few times, gotten his opinion on a few things and bs'd about other stuff. As far as wanting him to do well, sure as I do with many others...even you.

Jeanyus
03-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Can I get in on that popcorn and beer? This is getting good.
Never seen Brokeback Mountain, nor do I intend to.
I'm learning a lot of new werds. Isn't stoopid spelled with 2 O's?

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 03:39 PM
quote: CasSo Mr Big Bob, tell me where I have EVER slammed DNE or MPD...better yet, show me!
Here, I'll show ya.
quote: CasI guess you can set us all straight on NOS or any other performance related info we need? Oh I know, if any of us need anything done, we should just take it to DNE or MPD.
If this isn't a sarcastic comment, there isn't one. Let's hear your explaination as to what you meant here. Remember, it was in the context of defending Tminator, so let's keep it there.
You were inferring....what?
And what about my question earlier?
Originally Posted by Cas
Where's the opinion part? Guess we missed that. I see sarcasm, insinuation, and a little bashing. No opinion in sight.
You come on here and CLEARLY start shit, and then don't have the balls to back it up. Back pedalin' Mo Fo, you are. Pretty slimy. But you're good...you always end things with some kind of empty compliment. Makes you the "better man" I guess.

Cas
03-12-2006, 03:51 PM
You tell me how that's a slam to either one of those companies!
there's my opinion
I guess you can set us all straight on NOS or any other performance related info we need
step up steel, explain a nos system and how it works so we all can learn something. I really want to know.

Cs19
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
same sh*t from the same people does get old. The big difference is there's a group that continually think they are always in the right and get down on others. The unfortunate part is they are the ones that have driven away quite a few people that have been in the business for many many years. Some were pioneers in the boating business, some in the engine building business and some were even record holders in the sport a lot of you dearly love. Sorry CS but that crap is wrong!
it gets very old, we are in agreement.
i never said it was correct cas, if whoever really did set records and were pioneers, well its a shame they are not here.
you dont sound very "laid back" lately, im thinking you need summer to get here sooner than later.. :rollside:
Have a good one..
Chris.

SmokinLowriderSS
03-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Can I get in on that popcorn and beer? This is getting good.
Never seen Brokeback Mountain, nor do I intend to.
I'm learning a lot of new werds. Isn't stoopid spelled with 2 O's?
Sure, unfold a chair, I ordered another keg. This thread looks like it has staying power. No, my lap is closed, unless you bring bre maybe. :D

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
You tell me how that's a slam to either one of those companies!
there's my opinion
step up steel, explain a nos system and how it works so we all can learn something. I really want to know.
You tell me (again, I'll ask) how it's NOT a slam towards DNE and MPD? Just simply explain the comment. I really want everyone to understand what it was you were trying to say.
And your opinion as stated above, as I guessed, is completely out of context without the part about DNE and MPD. Nice try.
AFA nitrous, what part don't you understand? What system(s) would you like explained? Plate? Fogger? Combination? Maybe a cheater? What power levels? Is this for carbs, blown, DFI/dry or with fuel added? Are we pre-warming the bottles? What about timing? Are we using multistep? Is there a timed delay or is this a manual system? Clutch activated? Carb activeted? On-off awitch/ driver activated? Is there a window switch activated by RPM? Do you want a purge system? Do we need a purge system? (Do you know what a purge system is?) High compression, low compression? Pump gas, race gas? What about the engine and cam? Are they built for nitrous or are we just bolting something on a street car? Do we have a budget, or can we buy the best stuff? Whatever you want to know, Cas, I'll try and help. I'm not an expert, but then, I don't claim to be. I do, however, recognise a bunch of BS when I see it.
Maybe you can just read ***boat's article, since you don't seem to agree that it was poorly written. Probably just enough info there to get you in trouble, or hurt.
Maybe when the weather warms up you'll get back to your "laid back" self, like Chris said.
Have a good one.

Cas
03-12-2006, 04:26 PM
you dont sound very "laid back" lately, im thinking you need summer to get here sooner than later.. :rollside:
Have a good one..
Chris.
yea, probably so. It's just not right that it's snowing at damn near sea level here :rolleyes:

Dogballs
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Uptight Boaters

Jeanyus
03-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Could be why everyone is on edge.
This is what it looks like at 1500 foot elevation.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7221truck_snow.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7221tree_tops.jpg

Squeezing Spectra
03-12-2006, 04:45 PM
You people and your damn jet pumps. :argue:

GUGS102
03-12-2006, 06:10 PM
You tell me (again, I'll ask) how it's NOT a slam towards DNE and MPD? Just simply explain the comment. I really want everyone to understand what it was you were trying to say.
And your opinion as stated above, as I guessed, is completely out of context without the part about DNE and MPD. Nice try.
AFA nitrous, what part don't you understand? What system(s) would you like explained? Plate? Fogger? Combination? Maybe a cheater? What power levels? Is this for carbs, blown, DFI/dry or with fuel added? Are we pre-warming the bottles? What about timing? Are we using multistep? Is there a timed delay or is this a manual system? Clutch activated? Carb activeted? On-off awitch/ driver activated? Is there a window switch activated by RPM? Do you want a purge system? Do we need a purge system? (Do you know what a purge system is?) High compression, low compression? Pump gas, race gas? What about the engine and cam? Are they built for nitrous or are we just bolting something on a street car? Do we have a budget, or can we buy the best stuff? Whatever you want to know, Cas, I'll try and help. I'm not an expert, but then, I don't claim to be. I do, however, recognise a bunch of BS when I see it.
Maybe you can just read ***boat's article, since you don't seem to agree that it was poorly written. Probably just enough info there to get you in trouble, or hurt.Maybe when the weather warms up you'll get back to your "laid back" self, like Chris said.
Have a good one.
Steelcomp - I think these are all excellent questions and I for one would not read a four page article and expect to be able to answer the above.(and not have some type of N20 explosion) As far as Timm goes, I like him, I've had nothing but positive personal experiences as his customer. I'm not one to pick a fight on the net or take sides. I think the info you get here is free, so take the advice for what it is worth.
All - Taking one or more articles as the sum of all the information from an individual does not make sense. Put it to the test of your personal occupation with 30 years experience. Your knowledge far exceeds what can be fit into 20 pages of type, cut and pasted with pictures so the readers won't turn the page. The problem with email, blogs, forums etc. is that the intent, inflection or one's perspective in responding to something is usually misinterpeted.
I have found very useful info on this forum from many, many members Timm, Steelcomp and others included.
My .02, but sometimes it is easy to miss the forest for the trees...
Gugs

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-12-2006, 07:47 PM
This is some great stuff:D............
Here's my feel about it. I have called timinator and talked to him. He had some logical stuff to bring to the table. On the other hand he did say
"Jack@ mpd isnt the best. His bowl work sucks and he cant back it like I can. I am the only one in the country that has a flow bech set up to test bowls." :yuk:
Thats what I have heard come out of his mouth on the phone. Then I told him what machine shop I use and he bashed them. He said " They dont do good work". I though that it was funny that he said that. When I go into that particular machine shop they are working on new donavan blocks,blown ls1's blown 540's,etc. last time I checked you gotta have your shit together to mess with top dollar mills. They do all thier own work inhouse including dyno pulls. Long story short, this shop specializes in dirt track motors and they do phenominal work. Tim just had to bash them like all the other well known shops.
last time we went back and fourth on here he was bragging about how fast his boat was. I looked for his work at firebird and never saw a trace!! Its kind of funny how I see Hi- Techperformance,DNE,Tom papp,MPD, Larry's speed and marine allover but No TuffENuff marine hardware. it makes me wonder about his credability :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
When I asked him about certain things about motors and pumps he wouldnt disclose anything! I have talked to jack mcclure,dave@dne,duane@htp,tom@jetperformance,don@ don's,Squirtin thunder, and clay smith they all gave me friendly advice and never once told me to just bring it in with $$$. Thats customer service in my book! That only tells me one thing about these shops, they want my bnusiness and are willing to help anytime...
So in all untill I see proof of his work there will be some doubt in my mind and no $$ going to him.............

TIMINATOR
03-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Sounds convincing, I wonder if its true? I wonder if much of anything attributed to anyone on here is accurate? I understand the allusion of Special olympics and web posting, and pig wrestling too.
I leave town for 3 days and all whatever breaks loose. I'm glad I didn't bring the laptop. It was a relaxing weekend.
396 explained why I prefer not to talk to non-customers fishing for info, but he didn't mean to....
When the mouth of the impeller draws water from the "O" in dominator, and can differentiate top load from bottom load with just that one port,I will put my gauge port there too... TIMINATOR

Wicked Performance Boats
03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Now My first name must be Stu and my last name must be Pididiot! Cause i can't figure the last post. Except don't call timinator for advice!

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Now My first name must be Stu and my last name must be Pididiot! Cause i can't figure the last post. Except don't call timinator for advice!Hey Stu, wassup! LOL!
Stu "Budlight" Pididiot. I think that's quite catching! :rollside:

sanger rat
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Now My first name must be Stu and my last name must be Pididiot! Cause i can't figure the last post. Except don't call timinator for advice!
:rolleyes: It was a Joke! :)

Wicked Performance Boats
03-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Stu, wassup! LOL!
Stu "Budlight" Pididiot. I think that's quite catching!
Hey Steel how yo doing? Please get your boat together so we can meet at the river or something for a cold one! ok, we don't need a boat or a river. Lets just have a cold one! SBP

Wicked Performance Boats
03-12-2006, 09:06 PM
:rolleyes: It was a Joke! :)
Which part?

sanger rat
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM
When the mouth of the impeller draws water from the "O" in dominator, and can differentiate top load from bottom load with just that one port,I will put my gauge port there too... TIMINATOR
This part.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-12-2006, 09:20 PM
396 explained why I prefer not to talk to non-customers fishing for info, but he didn't mean to....
So if your not a prior customer, don't call, OK I won't :crossx:

flat broke
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Damn,
I wish I could troll this well on purpose :rolleyes: My initial statement wasn't a direct insult at Timinator, but rather a statement about the quality of the article. If you have anything over a basic understanding of how nitrous works, you could have laid down something more appropriate to the title of the article. That was my point. Not shop A is better than shop B, and this motor builder is better than some other guy in another state. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple times that Squirtcha and a few others have actually gone "in depth" on their installs. Any of those instances would have been more informative and insightful to the back yard guy looking to actually install a stystem than the content presented in the most recent Hot Boat issue.
As for Cas' statement about doing better myself, could I have put something better together? Sure. In fact, PM or email Brett Bayne and ask him why he's never responded to any of my requests to submit freelance material. I don't need to defend myself here, but if I wanted to take the time to search through all of my posts, I'm sure I could come up with more than enough insightful stuff to expound upon and put into a formal article submission with accompanying photography. I happily contribute to this board when the question isn't something that hasn't been covered 1000 times and could easily be answered by using the "search" function. I view this board as an information resource; but like the rest of the info on the web, you have to scrub the data to come up with reliable information.
One more thing and then I'm done with this topic. I don't care if I have 5 years experience dicking around with my boats or my friends and family's boats, or if someone has 30 years experience running their own shop. It is 100% irrelevant to determining the validity of a statement either entity makes. Using the mentality that Joe backyard guy who may be on the ball can't compare to Johny come lately who has had a shop for 30 years is the exact mentality that will force people not to bother to waste their breath answering questions and contributing to discussions. Over the past few years I have seen and met some people on this board that aren't professional jet boat gurus, but know their $hit cold, and more importantly have a better grasp on the physics that make these stupid little ditch pumps work, moreso than some of the guys that have been "rebuilding them for years". My ear is always going to lean toward to the party who can substantiate their statements with data, reference to the science behind the statement, and display real world results to support their theory.
Chris

Cas
03-12-2006, 10:21 PM
real good post Chris. I do have a question though. If you did write an article and it was editted to fit into the allotted amount of space, would it be a fair assessment to blame you or the publication?
No real need to answer the question as I believe I know the answer. We all jump to our own conclusions based on our personal interpretation, experience or facts we think we know to be true.

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
real good post Chris. I do have a question though. If you did write an article and it was editted to fit into the allotted amount of space, would it be a fair assessment to blame you or the publication?
No real need to answer the question as I believe I know the answer. We all jump to our own conclusions based on our personal interpretation, experience or facts we think we know to be true.
Cas, are you intentionally trying to appear obtuse, or is it unintentional? Why is it necessary to find blame here, and what on earth has blame got to do with anything? I get it...it's called diversionary tactics. Creating a distraction so you can avoid the previous questions you obviously can't answer.
bp's right.

steelcomp
03-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Stu, wassup! LOL!
Stu "Budlight" Pididiot. I think that's quite catching!
Hey Steel how yo doing? Please get your boat together so we can meet at the river or something for a cold one! ok, we don't need a boat or a river. Lets just have a cold one! SBP We will hook up this summer...I promise. Under better circumstances than the last time we met, too. :D
I'm workin' day and night to get this thing ready, but it aint' comin' out untill it's right. It's close. Real close.

Cs19
03-13-2006, 01:57 AM
I never said I could differentiate the top load vs. the bottom load did I?
if you actually ran a data aquisition system on your jetboat you would understand the sensors are quite pricey which is why I only run a single inlet sensor.Im getting great data with a single inlet,sure Id like to have 2 inlets but thats not going to happen any time soon so I make the best of what Ive got...Besides, who are you to talk? Your still trying to make it work with a set of guages....Cmon Mr. R&d, Mr. Development, Mr. flow bench..Shouldn't a guy with your background be adapted to data loggers by now?

superdave013
03-13-2006, 07:11 AM
If you guys can't figure out who wrote that nitrous deal then please give me a hit of that $hit too.
Hey CS, if TIMINATOR is sharp in the smallest of ways he'll put all that effort into the I/O boats. Other then a select small core group of boaters, jets (and v drives too) are all but dead. The future is with larger I/O and outboard boats. There is still a big market open with those rigs. Not much market left with jetters.
As far as drag racing goes, cars are were it's at anyway. You could have built a super comp (or super gas) car instead of that boat and had a chance of making some money racing. You don't see Dave @ DNE racing a boat but he does race a dragster with the NHRA. But who am I to talk. I did the same thing you are doing an had a lot of fun.

flat broke
03-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I'll answer this because I have some 1st hand experience. Two of my most recent submissions to another publication had content edited/removed without me knowing. The first instance was the removal of a picture that was probably the nicest shot in the entire piece. The second was where the editor must have inadvertantly used a "find/replace" feature on my document, and ended up swapping the owner's first name and last name for the entire article. The later of the two probably has folks thinking I'm a jackass because I can't keep a guy's first and last name straight. :) But that has NOTHING to do with my orriginal statement. I merely stated that the article was weak. Again, not a slam at a person, but at the published work.
Additionally, I don't know how HB does it, but other publications let you know how many pages they are going to give to the piece. With that in mind, you should be able to budget your content to arive close to that mark. I highly doubt this was an instance where ***boat had to make the call to chop down the text; as it wasn't exactly oozing with information in the final product. This thing has been beat to death, and at this juncture it's fruitless to address it further. My opinion was the article was pretty devoid of enlightening content, and that is all.
Chris

Cs19
03-13-2006, 08:22 AM
You could have built a super comp (or super gas) car instead of that boat and had a chance of making some money racing.
Dave, the boat thing is just something I wanted to do in my lifetime, and im doin' it and having alot of fun.Owning and drag racing a car is definatly something I would like to do also, but not right now..A door car that i could use once in a while on the street could be fun..
Its not about making money, its about having fun. Its only a hobby.

TIMINATOR
03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Hot Boat is not a drag boat magazine! It must appeal to a broad based readership, the articles must give enough attention and INFO to entry level, the more advanced, and even give some ideas to the experts. The idea is to have everyone, regardless of their level, gain something from as many articles as possible. If Hot Boat was a narrowly focused tech mag, it would contain nothing else but tech. It is not. A few may read an article and learn nothing, a few may read the same article and understand nothing, I try to keep every article as interesting and broad based as possible. Also, giving one setup and doing it to death with statistics gains little for anyone who doesn't share that exact same setup. This is why trends and generalities are useful. Some articles will be heavier on tech some will not be.(and I know not to end a sentence with a preposition, but I chose to. A weak attempt at humor.)
When I have backed up my posts with data, I was accused of bragging, or lying, because some could not understand what was being done. When I chose not to, I was skewered for not being able to back it up. My answer to this post drama, let you experts post to each other.
One last little bit of info: I do not like dealing with "racers", a vast majority of their spouses do not want them spending money on something that they don't like or participate in. Most of these "big time racers" I have dealt with either lie to the wife about what somthing cost, or want it free( I'll run your decal on the boat). Decals have only brought me other decal racers. I don't eat decals, and the grocery stores don't accept them as currency. I build LAKE BOATS, and as such my customer base is in LAKE BOATS. The wives come here with their husbands,because they ride in and enjoy the boat too. These customers allways seem to have the cash for the project, and they pick up their stuff when it is ready. That makes me happy. TIMINATOR

TIMINATOR
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
67 prior posts and the thread suddlenly goes silent......... TIMINATOR

Cs19
03-14-2006, 08:28 AM
67 prior posts and the thread suddlenly goes silent......... TIMINATOR
thats a good thing.
its not worth it tim, let it go.

Blown509Liberator
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL, I see thing have not changed much in here. Now where is Chet??????

steelcomp
03-14-2006, 06:14 PM
The idea is to have everyone, regardless of their level, gain something from as many articles as possible.
The idea is to sell as many magazines as possible, regardless of accuracy of content. :rolleyes:

TIMINATOR
03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I allways appreciated being able to use these forums for free, I still do. There is much info here, and much opinion, some of each are right, some not. I believe that having more info exchange and less personal attacks will allow this board to be more useful. We all know of other boards that were once very useful, and now they are all but abandoned, what a waste. Confrontation helps no-one learn anything.
The internet is worldwide. Imagine what some guy in a 3rd world country, that never will be able to afford ANY boat thinks about we spoiled Americans with all of our toys and bickering with each other?
You probably noticed that the moderators have changed the spam rules, and have cracked down on ads on personal posts, what will they do next in response to all of the negativism? The rest of the world allready doesn't like our politics, leaders, freedoms and wreched excess in all we do, do we have to look like a bunch of ingrates and whiners too?
I try a lot of off the wall and out of the mainstream ideas, some even work. This is how I learn, I am happy to share ideas with others, but the personal attacks benefit no-one. We all can learn more when we disagree.
Think about who is NOT posting on this board anymore, some of the brains have allready abandoned it, who next? Many of the manufacturers that used to post here are gone too.
Just more of my lunatic rantings, I guess. TIMINATOR

Squirtin Thunder
03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Timm, as I see it, you may choose to speek to your #1 cheerleader, he has brought much of the negativity in the past few months.
Jim

Jet Hydro
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
As far as drag racing goes, cars are were it's at anyway. You could have built a super comp (or super gas) car instead of that boat and had a chance of making some money racing. You don't see Dave @ DNE racing a boat but he does race a dragster with the NHRA. But who am I to talk.
I can talk ...lol.... but I wont :D rotflmao :argue: NHRAhttp://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Cas
03-14-2006, 09:10 PM
I can talk ...lol.... but I wont :D rotflmao :argue: NHRAhttp://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
why's that? you trying to make a Yugo go? ;) :p :D

Jet Hydro
03-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Dat thing gots a hemi in it :220v: :crossx: :cool: