PDA

View Full Version : I finally finished my Trailer!!

WETDAWG
04-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Well it was a lot of work ...but I finally finished sanding, filling, sanding, painting, sanding and painting some more and I think she looks great! :D
What do you Think? :(
Now I just need to finish the boat! :p
See you all at CBBB
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98MVC-026F-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98MVC-024F-med.JPG
[ April 18, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

Squirtcha?
04-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Looks great. I need to do that bad. My trailer is looking pretty sad lately. Need to figure out what the heck to do with my boat though.

WETDAWG
04-16-2003, 07:24 PM
That was the hard part. i'll try and post pics of that process tomorrow. I just jacked her up, Put her on blocks and slowly pulled the railer out from underneath her (easier said than done) boxed

Jungle Boy
04-16-2003, 07:26 PM
That looks nice. Good job. Where's the boat for it?

WETDAWG
04-16-2003, 07:29 PM
The boat OOOPS?
Just kidding...Its on blocks in my side yard(I think) :D

HotHallet
04-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Look for someone doing gelcoat on their boat and ask to borrow their trailer. I just re-did my trailer as well. It was really hammered. We cut all new light buckets, welded up old fixture holes, sandblasted, painted it white DuPont Imron, put diamond plate on the steps, mounted 11-inch wide SS fenders, custom Weld wheels/low pro radials, new bunks and carpet, chromed the floater bar, and put on all L.E.D. lighting. All that is left is to pinstripe it! We also put a Monroe trailer shock kit on it. I'll post some pics!

Squirtcha?
04-17-2003, 09:10 AM
I saw it on the post you put up right after ya did it HH. Ya did an awesome job on it.
Unfortunately I don't know anybody that's having their boat painted or gel'd (including myself unfortunately). The shop that built my motor and pump has a boat lift and a couple dollies that I may be able to borrow as they're closed on the weekends. I'd have to make sure that all my ducks are aligned supply-wise though. I don't think he'd want it sitting in there on the following Monday morning.
[ April 17, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Hotcrusader76
04-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Looks great! I am taking mine in very soon to a buddy of mine for some rework. What a nice guy he is for taking on such a job... :D

78Eliminator
04-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know where I can take my trailer to get sand blasted in San Diego? For some reason, I think if I did it in my front yard, the neighbors would get pissed....

77charger
04-17-2003, 01:48 PM
HotHallet:
Look for someone doing gelcoat on their boat and ask to borrow their trailer. I just re-did my trailer as well. It was really hammered. We cut all new light buckets, welded up old fixture holes, sandblasted, painted it white DuPont Imron, put diamond plate on the steps, mounted 11-inch wide SS fenders, custom Weld wheels/low pro radials, new bunks and carpet, chromed the floater bar, and put on all L.E.D. lighting. All that is left is to pinstripe it! We also put a Monroe trailer shock kit on it. I'll post some pics! Looks good too.travis even turned the lights on for us while we drank a beer and talk about the good job done on it. :)

miller19j
04-17-2003, 02:00 PM
78Eliminator:
Does anyone know where I can take my trailer to get sand blasted in San Diego? For some reason, I think if I did it in my front yard, the neighbors would get pissed.... I would recommend sanding it. Unless you are going to powder coat it. Most trailers have a lot of body filler on them to cover up imperfections and welds. If you blast it you will have to go over all of that again.
If you do blast make sure you take the wheel bearings off. The sand will get into everything!
Just my 2 cnts

WETDAWG
04-17-2003, 05:34 PM
M19j is soo right!
I spent a lot of time sanding this sucker and she was full of filler. Blasting would have destroyed all that.
Just put in LED tail lights :D SWEEEET!

Wicked1
04-17-2003, 08:59 PM
came out really nice, Is mine next? j/k

WETDAWG
04-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Wicked1,
How about next year? hahahahahahaha :D
Gotta get the boat going now! frown

miller19j
04-18-2003, 07:05 AM
WETDAWG:
M19j is soo right!
I spent a lot of time sanding this sucker and she was full of filler. Blasting would have destroyed all that.
Just put in LED tail lights :D SWEEEET! Ohh….I forgot, The trailer looks great! I just finished redoing mine and I know how much work it is. Yours looks really good. I got so caught up in the sandblasting I forgot to post about your trailer. :rolleyes:

hack job
04-18-2003, 07:56 AM
looks sweet ! great job. :cool:

Spectra19
04-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Trailer looks great what did you use for bunk carpet? Regular marine grade carpet or something special?
And as for sandblasting just did mine and there was not to much filler just in the tongue and the front plates. And the plates did not even need it if they would have taken the time to grind a little more.
Scott

HighRoller
04-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Ted that looks GREAT!I'm glad you confirmed what I suspected,that Competitive uses filler to get the"radiused"look on the edges,therefore I couldn't blast it either.I can't wait to see it sometime when you come out because you're doing all the things I wished I had time to do when it was my boat.

WETDAWG
04-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Darren,
She is looking good isn't she? The interor is done, I put in all new gauges, Pumps amd wiring. Now I am looking at a High Rise manifold. :D
and a new Bimini! argue I'll call ya when I get out to the river next time and you can "re- live" the old days
By the way, I only found 13 empty beer cans behind the seats hahahahahaahah)

Nubbs
04-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Wetdawg,
Where did you get the carpet for your bunks? Did it come in pre-cut strips for each bunk?
Thanks
Nubbs

BrendellaJet
04-22-2003, 08:13 AM
there are sand blasting media that wont strip the filler. I think walnut shells are good for it.