PDA

View Full Version : Is a 12-je inferior to a jg?

Jet Junk
09-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Is a 12-jg pump superior, performance-wise, to a 12-je? Isn't the je lighter? Thanks.....Tommy

Mohavekid
09-11-2002, 08:08 PM
The arguments against the 'e' model are that it has a sharper intake angle which in some high power/speed situations can cause difficulty in keeping the pump loaded. The other negative is that in stock form the bowl is not split so you cannot add a wedge or a droop without changing the bowl.
I have had both the 'e' and 'g' models and found no real disadvantage to the 'e' model in the power range and speed I was running. I was running about 550 HP and 80MPH in an 18 foot Challenger. The 'e' sits 5 inches farther back in the boat giving more interior room and moving weight distribution back. The clean out is outside the boat which is a big plus for anyone who's ever tried to get something out of the clean out hole. Lastly, all the cables are mounted low to the pump and out of the way.
Good luck

GlastronGuy
09-11-2002, 08:24 PM
I'll tell you the biggest advantage to an E pump.
The hand hole is outside the hull. This helped me greatly at Tower Park 2 when I sucked weeds (I wasn't the only one) into the pump. It makes for easier cleaning. But of course, all the other Berkley pump are better performance wise.

gotdamp
09-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Jet Junk:
Is a 12-jg pump superior, performance-wise, to a 12-je? Isn't the je lighter? Thanks.....TommyI added a Place Diverter to my JE pump and it added loads of control to the boat and throws a very respectable rooster without a wedge or snoot. The ride plate gives you some additional setup adjustment.
[ September 11, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: gotdamp ]

Jet Junk
09-11-2002, 09:02 PM
My boat has an A-T energizer kit on it, at least I think that is what it is, It's also got a diverter and a ride plate, throws a pretty mean roost. I am thinking about adding a droop to it over the winter. I wonder if this will help get some more performance out of it? It's a cvx-20 with a 425 hp 383. Thanks....Tommy

CoastGuardSteve
09-12-2002, 06:00 AM
As Chris eluded to in his post, the clean out hole on the outside of the boat is a definite plus! My JE works just fine for my needs.
Steve
** I hate those damned weeds!!!