PDA

View Full Version : Advice, What do you like better.

Danhercules
04-22-2003, 06:23 AM
Heres a link to my powerplant..... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=16206&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
I have the carbs off right now and cleaning them up. Should I put the scoop back on facing front with the spark arrestors or should I ditch the arreators and put the scoop pn facing back? It there any advantage besides looks? What do you think looks better?

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 06:29 AM
My personal preference has always been to put it facing forwards even if you have to run arrestors.

Danhercules
04-22-2003, 06:33 AM
I forgot one thing, I changed the accelerator diphrams on my carbs, The ones I took out where a greenish color, the ones I put in are balck. Is there a diffrence in them? The carbs are 750's.

PLACECRAFT20
04-22-2003, 06:40 AM
I THINK THE GREEN ONES COME IN THE GIT KIT FROM HOLLEY. I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE 50CC PUMPS BUT I AM NOT THE HOLLEY GURU. I INSTALLED THEM IN MINE AND THEY WORKED GREAT. HOPE THIS HELPS....

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-22-2003, 07:03 AM
scoop facing forward......you don't want people to think you got one of them backwards motors like a v-drive. hee-hee. I wonder if a K&N filter would fit inside that scoop. bet it would and guess what, they have a coast guard certified flame arrestor version. I hear that it is the same as all the rest but they are about the best filter on the market and I know they do a better job than those dinky flame arrestors.

burbanite
04-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Forward looks better I think.
As my engine has swallowed the entire contents of the lake twice already I personally would be wary and probably turn it the other way....then again no-one accuses me of being sensible wink

Danhercules
04-22-2003, 07:38 AM
I THINK THE GREEN ONES COME IN THE GIT KIT FROM HOLLEY. I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE 50CC PUMPS BUT I AM NOT THE HOLLEY GURU. I INSTALLED THEM IN MINE AND THEY WORKED GREAT. HOPE THIS HELPS....
The black ones are 30cc. :rolleyes: . Ok, I need a Holly Guru to see if I messed up. I am new to the whole Holly thing.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-22-2003, 08:13 AM
talk to Ty (hotcrusader 76). he is the master of holley carbs.

BK
04-22-2003, 08:19 AM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
talk to Ty (hotcrusader 76). he is the master of holley carbs. He would definately know but I can tell you for sure the color has nothing to do with it being a 30 or 50 cc pump. Im pretty sure the green ones are what you find in a Holley trick kit, witch I just used on my 600's with 30cc pumps and I had green ones in my 830 with 50cc pumps as well.