PDA

View Full Version : Motor Issues! Blown, Omega, HELP!!!!!

HBjet
06-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Ok, I just took the boat out yesterday and after a few minutes of running, I had to get off plane because I didn't know if this was a problem or not. I wasn't able to get any video, but I did get this pretty good photo.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1370Dsc02377_2.jpg
My bilge pump works, and I didn't see any leaks from my intake install, and my pump is fairly new, so that shouldn't be leaking either. Can one of you please tell me what is wrong and why I have all of this water on the outside of my intake? Is this good, bad?
Please Help guys. If you can't tell, then I will get some video of it this weekend.
HBjet :D

Blown 472
06-30-2003, 10:01 AM
I have no idea as I get that on my carb adaptor right above my blower.
You better get it cleaned off thou, wouldn't want to tarnish that pimp image you have created. :D
[ June 30, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

wrightnow
06-30-2003, 10:20 AM
If you look close you can see the cause, It's the DNE sticker on valve cover....

HBjet
06-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Must be the DNE sticker!
Blown, should I get some video this weekend to make sure?
HBjet

Blown 472
06-30-2003, 10:28 AM
HBjet:
Must be the DNE sticker!
Blown, should I get some video this weekend to make sure?
HBjet Sure just make sure we see you at the holding rope, then make your pass and your boat thru the lights.

SERIOUS ISSUES
06-30-2003, 10:35 AM
It just looks like condensation from cool air and fuel. was it humid out or maybe not real hot when you took the boat out.
I assume you licked it and it was not fuel (taste like water?).
I have had that happen alot on cooler days or high humidity days, but it wont cause a problem.
keep in mind, you have no water going through an intake, so it must be from the air.........

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-30-2003, 10:37 AM
consult your plumber or the carpenter. They should be able to give you advise. Just make sure they are liscensed and certified.
Omega

wrightnow
06-30-2003, 10:39 AM
What does holding rope have to do with going fast?

dossangers
06-30-2003, 10:42 AM
HBjet:
Ok, I just took the boat out yesterday and after a few minutes of running, I had to get off plane because I didn't know if this was a problem or not. I wasn't able to get any video, but I did get this pretty good photo.
My bilge pump works, and I didn't see any leaks from my intake install, and my pump is fairly new, so that shouldn't be leaking either. Can one of you please tell me what is wrong and why I have all of this water on the outside of my intake? Is this good, bad?
Please Help guys. If you can't tell, then I will get some video of it this weekend.
HBjet :D ITS CONDONSATION its normal if you feel the manifold its real cold thats one of the reasons for the tunnel ram cooling the fuel charge mine was that way when we were at elsonore.

Blown 472
06-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Hey hbjet, I have a high rpm miss and I pulled a plug and it has a funny looking discolor near the end of the ground strap, could you tell me what is wrong with it??

wrightnow
06-30-2003, 10:44 AM
I can Blown471, I pretty sure you build it...
[ June 30, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: wrightnow ]

Blown 472
06-30-2003, 10:45 AM
wrightnow:
I can Blown471, I pretty sure to build it... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Squeezing Spectra
06-30-2003, 10:55 AM
I know what it is someone put the beer and ice under your intake again huhh :D

565edge
06-30-2003, 10:59 AM
From what i heard your tricked carbs caughed and started a fire and you put it out with a CO2 extinguisher. :D

Liberator TJ1984
06-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Better check your Muffler Bearings :confused: looks like they're starting to freeze and lock up on ya wink

King Kuracz
06-30-2003, 11:28 AM
I warned you about running that freon powered hidden intercooler, but you wouldn't listen.
You can run it,
But you can't hide it! :p

Eric455
06-30-2003, 11:41 AM
froooossstt huh.. looks cool. 1st time i saw it i got worried. my whole intercooler was fosted. along with the turbos compress the air upward to the intercoller. just says that the motor is running very very good. HB what time did you guys leave the lake? we were their till 5 and the only person i say was cyclone. in his boat alone.
eric

Big Proppa
06-30-2003, 11:48 AM
It's obviously from dyno'ing your motor on the water heading south - it wouldn't have occured if you were heading north - didn't you read your "guide to a successful water dyno" hand book. It should have come in your level water package or your muffler bearing box.

Nubbs
06-30-2003, 11:49 AM
HBjet:
Can one of you please tell me what is wrong and why I have all of this water on the outside of my intake? Is this good, bad?
HBjet :D Gasoline needs to vaporize in order to ignite. The fuel changes phase from liquid to vapor. There is a certain amount of heat required in order for the fuel to change phase from liquid to vapor, called latent heat of vaporization. Basically, heat will transfer from the intake air to the fuel. This will cause the temperature of the intake charge in the manifold to drop. Since heat transfers from hot to cold, heat will then transfer from the manifold casting to the intake charge. Thus, the temperature of the manifold casting will drop. Why the condensation on the manifold?? :confused: :confused: The temperature of the manifold reached the dew point temperature and dew started to form on the manifold. The only problem this will cause you is you'll have to polish the water spots off the manifold. :) :) I hope this wasn't too technical.

Cs19
06-30-2003, 11:51 AM
ice cold frosty one. i havent seen one that cool all the way around in a while. Dave must have done something right in there!

dossangers
06-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah what he said!!!

burbanite
06-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Got here late but yes, as Serious Issues and Dossangers have said, that is condensation.
The velocity of the intake charge inside the runners and the right ambient conditions get you a free beer cooler.
Running an air tool for an extended period of time will result in the same thing.

burbanite
06-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Having now read the title I guess I wasn't supposed to take this seriously..... :) .

Nubbs
06-30-2003, 12:01 PM
burbanite:
Having now read the title I guess I wasn't supposed to take this seriously..... :) . Oops, I guess I'm a dumba$$ too.
:o :o

cyclone
06-30-2003, 12:11 PM
the offy tunnel ram on my old 455 used to do that. It was real good on hot days. when i got thirsty i just licked the water off the intake. mmm mmm good!

hboldno7
06-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey HBjet, I dont think your Flex Capacitor is putting out 1.21 Jigga Watts !!!! Great Scott !!!!

miller19j
06-30-2003, 12:46 PM
hboldno7:
Hey HBjet, I dont think your Flex Capacitor is putting out 1.21 Jigga Watts !!!! Great Scott !!!! ThatÂ’s exactly what I was thinking! :D

Cs19
06-30-2003, 02:21 PM
hey just make sure those dne stickers stay clean randy. :D

565edge
06-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Your suppose to put the nos in the motor not on the motor! :D :D

HBjet
06-30-2003, 04:58 PM
HBjet:
Ok, I just took the boat out yesterday and after a few minutes of running, I had to get off plane because I didn't know if this was a problem or not. I wasn't able to get any video, but I did get this pretty good photo. My bilge pump works, and I didn't see any leaks from my intake install, and my pump is fairly new, so that shouldn't be leaking either. Can one of you please tell me what is wrong and why I have all of this water on the outside of my intake? Is this good, bad?
HBjet :D Ok, the above was a joke, and a pretty funny one I thought.
But I would like to say thanks to Nubbs for the best technical answer!
Nubbs:
Gasoline needs to vaporize in order to ignite. The fuel changes phase from liquid to vapor. There is a certain amount of heat required in order for the fuel to change phase from liquid to vapor, called latent heat of vaporization. Basically, heat will transfer from the intake air to the fuel. This will cause the temperature of the intake charge in the manifold to drop. Since heat transfers from hot to cold, heat will then transfer from the manifold casting to the intake charge. Thus, the temperature of the manifold casting will drop. Why the condensation on the manifold?? :confused: :confused: The temperature of the manifold reached the dew point temperature and dew started to form on the manifold. The only problem this will cause you is you'll have to polish the water spots off the manifold. :) :) I hope this wasn't too technical. HBjet

1tricky1
06-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Now you don't need an ice chest, just duct tape them beers to the intake... :D

HBjet
06-30-2003, 07:13 PM
riodog:
What are you doing about this weekend?
Michael I'm going to be staying with Big Proppa! (Bill H.) and I believe you have some buddies right by him or something...? We should be rolling in Friday around 6pm or so. We will launch the boat for a little bit too. I'm sure you already know what it looks like huh? Are you going to have the Daytona out there? I want to take some photo's of it, on the water too would be so nice!
HBjet

ChetCapoli
06-30-2003, 09:28 PM
riodog:
Randy, always trying to start something aren't cha? HBALLBUSTER jet better suits him. Nice to sit and watch the entertainment instead of being part of it. Maybe the condensation is from his hot wee wee rubbin down the runners?? Now i'm thinkin if his dyno number is off, maybe his MPH number is too?? Seems we havent heard much since.....
CHET

77468sleekcraft
06-30-2003, 09:38 PM
DUDE ,,THATS TOTALLY NORMAL DONT WORRY -BE HAPPY.. :D

HBjet
06-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Dyno'd 732hp @ 6300rpm!
and I know that's totally normal.
HBjet

LVjetboy
06-30-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm surprised some young buck like HBjet who knows so little about engines that he has to pay to have one built, then makes the mistake of buying a bogus dyno run actually understands the frosty ram. No wonder some took his first post serious.
^ Sarcasm ^
Actually, I WAS surprised when someone posted a serious response. Geez HB, maybe some buy the BS that you don't know the first thing about engines, otherwise you'd build your own?
:)
jer

cyclone
07-01-2003, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE] Now i'm thinkin if his dyno number is off, maybe his MPH number is too?? Seems we havent heard much since..... [/QUOTE
I guess Randy should be running his boat everyday instead of going to work, just so he can post new, updated numbers for a jetboat genius like you Chet? Funny, we haven't seen timeslips, gps or rpm numbers or hell even a photo of your boat on the water in what-a year or more?????
eek!

Jet Hydro
07-01-2003, 06:55 PM
HBjet:
[QUOTE] We will launch the boat for a little bit too. I'm sure you already know what it looks like huh?
HBjet Oh Boy!!!! That must be a big event out there??? :rolleyes:
Wishing I could have made the big event :p ROTFLMAO

HBjet
07-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Jet Hydro:
HBjet:
[QUOTE] We will launch the boat for a little bit too. I'm sure you already know what it looks like huh?
HBjet Oh Boy!!!! That must be a big event out there??? :rolleyes:
Wishing I could have made the big event :p ROTFLMAO Launching the boat? Being at the river on the 4th? What are you talking about Slowy?
Isn't it funny how you reached 92mph in your race boat and shit yourself, but I reached 92mph in my lake boat and I want nothing but more mph!
HBjet
[ July 01, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Jet Hydro
07-01-2003, 07:45 PM
So does that mean that your going to keep your word and your going to show up at Wichita this year and blow my shit out of the water? PLEASE DO !!!!!
BTW .... I would bet I can hit 92 in 1/4 of the time it takes you and I wont need the hole lake to do it like you do...lol...
Shit my self eek! ??????? I sure wish I knew about this????
You need to get out a little more.... :rolleyes:
Oh this feel`s so much better... it was getting kinda boring in here :D argue

Infomaniac
07-01-2003, 07:51 PM
That happens when you do not go fast enough.
Open the throttles - it will go away. :D

Hotcrusader76
07-01-2003, 07:52 PM
From the looks of the frost...
It looks like your set-up is dialed in just right. Pat your carb builder on the back for that one. Quite lucky considering they're stock :D
[ July 01, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Cs19
07-01-2003, 08:24 PM
i think that edelbrock TR is growing on me. i like it more and more everytime i see it. :cool:

HBjet
07-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Everyone, thanks for all of the serious replies.... I never thought I'd get one since I was just posting this for my buddies Blown472 and Omega.
CS19, when I see ya this Saturday, I'll let you take a closer look at it!
haha
HBjet

LVjetboy
07-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Cyclone, good point. I was just wondering that too. After all, that 88 mph with 700 hp posted a loooong time ago and never verified with either dyno sheets or gps pictures. Yet Chet seems to hold HB to a higher standard than he himself is willing to stick to.
Chet, so where's your proof? Or are you just glad someone bought your bogus 88 mph in the first place?
jer

Blown 472
07-02-2003, 04:31 AM
HBjet:
Everyone, thanks for all of the serious replies.... I never thought I'd get one since I was just posting this for my buddies Blown472 and Omega.
CS19, when I see ya this Saturday, I'll let you take a closer look at it!
haha
HBjet Gee thanks Randy you are swell, funny you never answered my question?? You think we could have an ice cream social some day?? that would be neato.

Duane
07-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Wow,if you keep the beer low enuf in the boat it will not be sucked out of the can creating such a mess? cry
hehehehe