PDA

View Full Version : D&S Marine Interiors in El Cajon (BEWARE)

HBjet
06-09-2003, 08:40 AM
Well, I first want to say IÂ’m sorry itÂ’s come to this, but **** D&S Marine Interiors!
Last year (early April) I took my boat to D&S Marine Interiors in El Cajon to have them do a complete new interior. It took 5 weeks (but the actual job took about 2-3 days) to finish and I had no problem with that. I picked the boat up on a Thursday and went to the river on Friday. Once I was at the river I was looking over my new interior because I was stoked on how nice it turned out, then I noticed it. The damn stripes where backwards in a few areas. The color pattern I picked out was Blue, Gray, and Charcoal, with the Blue being first. Well, one of the cocktail seats (passenger side) had the stripes backwards (Charcoal, Gray, Blue) and the stripes between both front seats where both also backwards, but it doesnÂ’t look that bad since they are both wrong. I called Sal who runs D&S in El Cajon about the error in the stripes and he said I could bring the boat back, but it will take another 5 weeks until it can be fixed because they where busy with boats from Ultra Custom Boats, or I can wait until the winter time. I told him IÂ’ll deal with it and give him a call in the winter.
So, I called Sal in January and told him IÂ’m bringing my seats back to him to be fixed. I dropped them off January 25th and they where suppose to be working that day, but they werenÂ’t. John West of Ultra happened to be next door and he took my seats for me and gave them to Sal on Monday. About 2 months later I was finally able to get a hold of Sal after leaving many messages on both the shop phone and his cell phone. We picked a date that I wanted to pick up the seats and I was to call a few days before. That date was April 19th and when I called a few days before, he said he wasnÂ’t finished with them. I was cool with that and we picked another date. May 10th. I called his cell phone a few days before and told him I was going to be there to pick up my seats. Saturday morning when I got into my truck to drive down there I checked my voice mail on my cell and it was Sal, telling me he wasnÂ’t able to finish them yet and he needed another week. I was pissed, but what was I going to do, go pickup my seats that are all apart and not completely fixed yet? So, I called him on May 16th to tell him I was going to get them and he said he still wasnÂ’t able to get them finished and they are a few guys short. I told him I was going to the river on Memorial and I needed my seats for that weekend. No, my boat wasnÂ’t running, but he didnÂ’t know that and I wanted my damn seats back. I was to pick them up Thursday night. I called and called. Once someone answered Thursday I asked for Sal. The person asked who was on the phone, I told them, and then they came back saying Sal wasnÂ’t there and that they donÂ’t speak English. I called 1 hour later, same shit. So I decided to call using another name, but no one answered anymore, and same for Friday, no one answered or called me back. I left messages on the shop machine and on SalÂ’s cell phone. No responses. So, I went to the river and when I got back, I got a hold of Sal on his cell and he was sorry that my seats werenÂ’t done. The reason he gave me was that the person who does the triple stitching has been out for a while and thatÂ’s why they werenÂ’t finished. I told him I was going to come down on June 7th and they better be done. He said no problem. I called and left messages on both machines telling him I was going to be there on the 7th.
Well, I drove down to D&S Marine Interiors in El Cajon this last Saturday (the 7th) to pick up my seats. When I pulled up, no one was there. The gate was open a few feet, and it looked like someone lived there in a camping trailer. I walked in and entered the shop looking for my seats or something resembling them. I walked through every office and room and didnÂ’t see a thing. Then the guy who works there and I guess lives there walked up and I asked him if he knew anything, but he couldnÂ’t really speak any English. I called SalÂ’s cell phone and left him a message that I was there and I wanted my seats. I have yet to receive a call back from him. I walked back in the shop just looking around to see if I missed anything, and then I realized there was stuff up in the rafters over the offices. I then saw what looked like one of my seats. So I climbed a latter to get up there and sure enough there was one of my seats covered in saw dust. I looked around and found the other seat all the way in the corner also covered with dust and material scraps. They guy that worked there helped me get the seats down and then I cleaned them up to see not only where the seats still wrong and have never been ****in touched, but there was a few yellow glue stains on them now. I put the seats in the back of my truck and headed back home. burningm
So, if anyone is using D&S Marine Interiors in El Cajon, make sure they get everything right before you leave because once you pay them, your ****ed if you need them to fix anything that they did wrong after the fact.
**** D&S MARINE INTERIORS & **** SAL.
HBjet

Cs19
06-09-2003, 08:48 AM
thats sucks, you have a new interior guy?

HBjet
06-09-2003, 08:52 AM
cs19:
thats sucks, you have a new interior guy? No, I need to find someone to see how much they will charge me to fix them. I was thinking of talking to Stitchcraft because I know they do nice work, but since it's so late in the year, I think I'm ****ed again to get anything down by the time the motor will be done, and once the motor is done, I'm going to be boating. ****ed up seats or not!
HBjet

hack job
06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
HBjet:
cs19:
thats sucks, you have a new interior guy? No, I need to find someone to see how much they will charge me to fix them. I was thinking of talking to Stitchcraft because I know they do nice work, but since it's so late in the year, I think I'm ****ed again to get anything down by the time the motor will be done, and once the motor is done, I'm going to be boating. ****ed up seats or not!
HBjet call them they do great work and they are around the conor form your place. they did mine and they will tell you every ting up front and my total interior took two weeks.
i would think that they could fix one seat pretty fast.
stitchcraft (http://www.stitchcraftinteriors.com/)

wrightnow
06-09-2003, 10:06 AM
HB, Dont let it end with just a posting here take them to court get what you payed for....

Hotcrusader76
06-09-2003, 10:14 AM
So I guess my gut instinct was right? What's up with people these days? It just goes to show that you should always have your guard up!

HBjet
06-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, thanks everyone for the replies. Guess what? I got a phone call from Sal today. He wanted to apologise for the delay and explain himself. Apparently verses replacing a few sections of my interior, he had new coverings made for the seats all together. He said he's had 3 customers come to him because of me and he wants to make sure he takes care of me.
So, I'm going to be dropping off my seats at D&S Marine Interiors in Riverside and he is sending up the new coverings. They are going to fix my seats and have them done by the end of the week. I told him I need it done or I'm not bringing my boat back because I'm not going to miss river trips because of there delay. He assured me they will be fixed in time. We will see.
I never thought D&S did shitty work as in quality of there product, just the way they conduct business is what pisses me off.
HBjet

wrightnow
06-09-2003, 12:18 PM
You got to love the power of thew boards..
HB, are you going to be around tonight, I have those the carb plate for you..
Mark

Cs19
06-09-2003, 01:17 PM
hb i do the same thing, im patient for a while then i go pick up my stuff and take it else where. luckily we dont have to deal with that when it comes to motors and pumps, its never a problem over there. :D

HBjet
06-09-2003, 01:28 PM
wrightnow:
You got to love the power of thew boards..
HB, are you going to be around tonight, I have those the carb plate for you..
Mark Speaking of those! I will be home tonight if you want to come on by, but Dave already picked me up a set, and he said your going to needs yours too (in the future)
So give me a call after 5 or something!
HBjet

HBjet
06-09-2003, 01:28 PM
cs19:
luckily we dont have to deal with that when it comes to motors and pumps, its never a problem over there. :D Isn't that the truth! I guess I could just bolt in a beach chair and run it that way!
HBjet