PDA

View Full Version : Glastron Carlson CV-23

Walt GGB
05-20-2002, 02:57 PM
I am researching a jet boat purchase, so any advice would be appreciated. This would be my first boat. Have any of you ever owned one of these with the jet drive? I like the looks of the old Glastrons. I would consider other makes. Plan on using for mostly sking,lakes, and some delta. I want something with a cuddy cabin that two could sleep in without getting to big.Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Walt

hoolign
05-20-2002, 03:32 PM
have i got a deal for you j/k
ive had mine for a year 460, berkley,just doing the floors, check yours out real well before buying especially under the rear seats,ask when fuel tank was checked,other than the floor, it is a good boat in my opinion, i usually cruise with 5 or 6 people and it still goes fairly good for a stock 460 gotta install the diverter for the almighty roostertail and she'll be good to go!
what is the price on the boat

Walt GGB
05-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Haven't found one locally with a jetdrive. Still looking and researching at this point.There is a very nice one about 50 miles away but it has a I/O. Dealer has it so asking price is high. What did you pay for yours?
Regards,Walt

hoolign
05-20-2002, 04:10 PM
just over 10.000.00 canadian,whats he askin for the boat? and what year is it?
[This message has been edited by hoolign (edited May 20, 2002).]

Walt GGB
05-20-2002, 04:37 PM
I can't find the ad it was on the boatrader.com Remember it being an 1983 asking over $10,000 US Did look very clean from pics.

hoolign
05-20-2002, 04:55 PM
that is high,mines an 89 glastron carlson sport deluxe,dont ask me what the sport deluxe is, from looking around at whats out there i figure i can get around 17 cdn when its done, i should take it to that dealer he could probably get me 30k he he

Walt GGB
05-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah, thats way to high. Besides I really want a jetdrive bigblock. Nice one on e-bay right now, but to far away from me.
Walt

spectras only
05-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Walt and Jeff, somebody was asking about a scimitar , way back last year.There's one right now in the buy and sell.Here's the picture of it.I think it has 350 hours on it.Sterndrive model though.Asking price; 16000 canadian.The ad says ,it's from Calgary originally. http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/ScimitarAd.jpg
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited May 20, 2002).]

hoolign
05-20-2002, 08:22 PM
HEY SPECTRAS
hows it goin down there?hey you dont know what the "sport deluxe' is about on the cv 23? i remember someone askin about the simitar too.

spectras only
05-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Hooligan, I'm not sure,but think the sport deluxe is a cuddy version,unlike the scimitar which doesn't have one http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif.I think the fuel tank is in the bow on the scimitar.The scimitar is an oddball [collectible though]boat ,but I could have used those T tops today ,being a rainy one http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif.I thought you would be in osooyos this long weekend.

hoolign
05-20-2002, 10:36 PM
the folks were down in Palm Desert so did'nt bother going down,i would'nt mind finding a brochure on a sport deluxe
[This message has been edited by hoolign (edited May 20, 2002).]

LeadFootTheRabbit
05-23-2002, 03:20 PM
Walt, I bought a Glastron V-174 last year in Blythe. It has a 327 and a 12jb-b pump. Like the others said look for wood rot and fuel tank condition. Also, crawl down under the boat hull and look at its condition. Does it have any cracks or has it hit rocks or a sandbar. Look at the intake grate. Good luck and have fun. LDFTRBT

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-24-2002, 08:07 AM
You are talking one of the great classic's
Art Carlson is still designing winners- He Patent the design lift tunnel effect and we were in conversation with him on his new 30+ Cruiser 1 year ago. Fountain was going to produce this hull & some thing happened. Art lost his wife and it hit him hard but he will be back. How about a 35' full galley, head, 72 MPH on a HI Torque Eng. 1100 HP motor. That what this did -somethings right.

spectras only
05-24-2002, 10:35 AM
I remember Art doing a 30 footer way more than 1 year ago. It was featured in ***boat.Would that be the one you're talking about? Maybe it was shelved for some reason?BTW the Scimitar I've posted probably would work good with a large impellered jet.These Glastrons get on plane extremely well with moderately powered S/D .

cncer691
05-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Hooligan, this web site has the brochures for every galstron from 1957 until 1985. I saw a Scimitar here in Florida last week for sale. I didn't know what it was, but I saw it looked disco'd out w/ the T-Tops. I wanted it, but I went to really look it over, and it was gone! Then I found out what It was, and really feel like i missed a fun project boat(my wife would've killed me).

hoolign
05-24-2002, 12:48 PM
cncer691
ive checked out a site like that pretty cool old boats can't remember what year, but one had a small galley in a 23 footer,{you never posted the site} http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif they're well designed,the problem i'm having finding info is mine is an 89 jet and the majority were only built till 88 and this"sport deluxe" thing i can't find info on,spectras figured it was to do with the cuddy,
art carlson..was'nt he on WKRP...IN cincinatiii j/k

cncer691
05-25-2002, 04:10 PM
http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-the-years-web.html
Sorry about that, it was late at night.

Walt GGB
05-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Thanks to evervyone for sharing your info.
What kind of performance can I expect out of a stock to mild 460 in one of these. Also, is this size boat well suited to a jet? I do like rooster's so don't worry. It just seems to me that most Jetboats are smaller,
Thanks, Walt

ratso
05-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Walt, a CV23, 460 jet will do around 60 mph, we restored one a few years back, and I also saw a bronze colored Scimitar listed with Boat Trader for $8000, an 83 model in Oklahoma.