PDA

View Full Version : Need interior advice

clownpuncher
06-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I have to get a new interior. After reading about HB's nightmare I'm a little cautious. I also think I need to rebuild the whole freakin thing cuz the wood is a little weak and rotting. What's the best way to do this? I'd like to have someone build me some new custom seats while I still get river time on my boat. Do you just take good measurements and have at it? I know I may be asking the impossible with playing with my boat while seats are being made but I hope it can be done then just install em when they're done. Here's my little ride. Any suggestions?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/536Challenger1-med.jpg
[ June 24, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: clownpuncher ]

HBjet
06-24-2003, 03:19 PM
get new interior over the winter because then you can use your boat now, and interior shops I feel would do a better job because they are rushed during the summer. And, if you want a quality job, you need to take them the boat unless they already have a template for your hull.
Good Luck!
HBjet

HammerDown
06-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Beautiful Boat...I just hope the new interior will do it justice! Get it done over the off months...ya might get a better job.
One thing, the highest quote dosent mean the best job. I was quoted just over $3000.00 for my Daytona, 2 buckets and rear bench. I bet I could pick that job apart. I found a guy to do it for $850.00...looks great, great warranty, I even gave him a $50.00 tip...3 weeks turned into 6...but it was Winter anyhow.
[ June 24, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

clownpuncher
06-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Thanks HB and Hammerdown. I was thinkin the same thing about winter. Guess I'm a little spoiled cuz I want it new and I want it now. Plus I'd hate for anyone to see my faded interior, it just looks bad.