PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley Pump Rudders

LeadFootTheRabbit
05-27-2002, 10:11 PM
I want to know about these rudders. Will they fit my 12jb-b pump? Do I need any other modifications? Do they work well and what are the pro's and con's? Alot of questions. Thanks for the help! LDFTRBT

Moomawnster
05-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey ,Leadfoot I have broken three of those things at $100 or so and finally gave up,I really like the improved handling but can't seem to keep one very long.Putting in the ski pylon eliminated "rope pull" and I have not even thought about it since . Try one though , you will like it and it may last for ya .......mawnster

GOT WATER ??
05-28-2002, 01:42 AM
I have only broken two rudders. I will never buy any more. Besides that my boat is to heavy the rudder did not do much anyway.

apollo74
05-28-2002, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LeadFootTheRabbit:
I want to know about these rudders. Will they fit my 12jb-b pump? Do I need any other modifications? Do they work well and what are the pro's and con's? Alot of questions. Thanks for the help! LDFTRBT[/QUOTE
i really like mine, improved the low speed, and neutral steering immensely. downside is it costs 2-3 mph top end. worth it if you have wife, kids driving boat. if it was just me i could do without. i went with the larger one-maybe the small one would cost less topend.