PDA

View Full Version : Schiada Hull ID Tag

Highlimit9000
03-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Anyone know where these tags went on the hulls back in 1974. I thought I would put mine back on for traditional sake. Not too bad of shape for 32 Years...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/199Schiada_Tag.jpg

DansBlown73Nordic
03-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Where did you find that tag? I don't think mine has one.

bonesfab
03-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Mine has it up under the bow behind where the ice box was. right next to the little light under the bow still surroonded by the original orange shag carpet :)

Highlimit9000
03-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Where did you find that tag? I don't think mine has one.
Dan, It was off the boat when I got it. Stamping matches Hull ID. Its orriginal for sure...Suprised you dont have one?

Highlimit9000
03-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Mine has it up under the bow behind where the ice box was. right next to the little light under the bow still surroonded by the original orange shag carpet :)
Bones, Could you shoot me a pic of that area? Sure would appreciate it. Thanks John

Highlimit9000
03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
RedRocker, Could you see if your boat has one, and if it does fire off a Pic to me. Thanks John...

DansBlown73Nordic
03-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe I do have one. I will have to look. At this point the boat is in my storage building. That sounds simple enough but there is about 1000 feet of MUDDY driveway to get to the boat. When the mud dries up I will take a look.

Schiada Time
03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll look for ya and if she does Ill clip a pic and put it up. Call Lee as he probably would know for sure.
Travis

HAD DADDY 1
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I own a 76 20' Schiada jet, I found the tag on the removable kick panel behind the throttle pedle.

Squeezing Spectra
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
We have 3 70`s schiada`s the 2 jet boats have them on the transom and the v-drive has it on the bulkhead under the dash picture attached. :)
http://members.aol.com:/dealerschoicehw/vin

SGettmann
03-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Schiadas don't have tags - they are custom boats - way above your 'bayliner' tag. Although, the classic effect is pretty cool. I was pulled over on the Snake River in Washington for making too much noise in the canyon and the jet ski ranger wanted to see my coast guard tag. I laughed, but noted it was a custom boat and Schiada wasn't into the USCG tags. I called Lee on this after getting pulled over, and he noted that his boats don't have those tags.

Highlimit9000
03-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Schiadas don't have tags - they are custom boats - way above your 'bayliner' tag. Although, the classic effect is pretty cool. I was pulled over on the Snake River in Washington for making too much noise in the canyon and the jet ski ranger wanted to see my coast guard tag. I laughed, but noted it was a custom boat and Schiada wasn't into the USCG tags. I called Lee on this after getting pulled over, and he noted that his boats don't have those tags.
Maybe Lee doesn't now. But my boat was built in 74 by Leonard and it had a tag. I just have not figured out exactly where it was mounted as it was off the boat when i got it.

mondorally
03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Maybe Lee doesn't now. But my boat was built in 74 by Leonard and it had a tag. I just have not figured out exactly where it was mounted as it was off the boat when i got it.
On a related but different note - I was wearing my Schiada shirt at a local bar a few weeks back. One of the regular old timers (he's in his mid 70's) noticed it and we started talking. He grew up in Gardena and knew Leonard's brothers real well and the whole history of Schiada boats. His comment was they started making "production boats" early on but over the years evolved into the "custom" side of things.
So I can see why the earlier boats would have tags while the newer ones dont.
Justin

TMoney
03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I am going to be working on my boat today so I will look and see but there is a good chance since Leonard built it that it may.